• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Got a quandary now, Caketin/Wellington a good 4 hour drive away, so do I go down for QF, probably leave it and go to SF, but if Crusaders are any kind of team, they will knock Blues over tonight, and I may get to decide between home Semi or final??
Or Chiefs could knock over Blues next week and same thing?
Problems problems huh?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Last night's results mean the winner of this one is safe QF-wise. Loser, esp if it's Drua, will need a BP or they'll be sweating on Moana denying CruSadists a BP win next week...

Wild that CruSadists could make the Eight with just four wins but them's the rules.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looking at the table it's probably better for CruSadists if Drua win this as they're more likely to also beat Rebels at home than Clan are to beat 'canes away. Plus the plane-load of supporters who've come down from Fiji deserve it.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Last night's results mean the winner of this one is safe QF-wise. Loser, esp if it's Drua, will need a BP or they'll be sweating on Moana denying CruSadists a BP win next week...

Wild that CruSadists could make the Eight with just four wins but them's the rules.
Losing bp makes almost no difference to the Drua, they're 2 points ahead of the Force and Saders, being 3 won't make much difference, unless they only pick up a losing bp against the Rebels in the final round.

Looking at the table it's probably better for CruSadists if Drua win this as they're more likely to also beat Rebels at home than Clan are to beat 'canes away. Plus the plane-load of supporters who've come down from Fiji deserve it.
If the highlanders get a losing bp the Crusaders season is over - the best they could do is equal them in points but they'll be on one less win and lose the tie breaker as a result. Force would still have an outside chance there though, a bp win against the Brumbies (plus the highlanders slipping back at least 9 points in for and against) would be a good chance of bridging that 21 point for and against lead the highlanders have.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Loss Bleus' epic choke last night has given me the tiniest bit of hope that CruSadists can still sneak into the Eight & Ima clinging to that as hard & for as long as I possibly can, @Wilson. It ain't over 'til it's over & all that.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

OK, that's not happening, soooo...

giphy.gif

Which at this point seems to require Rebels beating Drua in Fiji. Which could happen, I guess...

Edit: OK, so going back to the drawing board didnt exactly work for old mate, who does look a bit like RobP (but I doubt calls journos fluffybunnys, looks a tad more classy than that)...

Last edited:

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
OK, that's not happening, soooo...

View attachment 19017

Which at this point seems to require Rebels beating Drua in Fiji. Which could happen, I guess...
With their finals berth assured the Rebels are just as likely to rest players to be as fresh as possible for the Blues/Hurricanes in the final.

Unless they're really desperate to come in 6 and probably face the Brumbies in a quarter, but that's not entirely guaranteed and after Friday night I'm not sure they'll be in a rush to get back to Canberra...

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
With their finals berth assured the Rebels are just as likely to rest players to be as fresh as possible for the Blues/Hurricanes in the final.

Unless they're really desperate to come in 6 and probably face the Brumbies in a quarter, but that's not entirely guaranteed and after Friday night I'm not sure they'll be in a rush to get back to Canberra...
What's not certain about the Brumbies finishing 3rd Wilson, unless you mean they might finish 1st or 2nd? I haven't seen an updated table but I think the Brumbies are presently 5 points ahead of the Chiefs with a couple of wins more. If that's right then the Chiefs cannot displace the Brumbies from 3rd. Or will I be very disappointed?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
What's not certain about the Brumbies finishing 3rd Wilson, unless you mean they might finish 1st or 2nd? I haven't seen an updated table but I think the Brumbies are presently 5 points ahead of the Chiefs with a couple of wins more. If that's right then the Chiefs cannot displace the Brumbies from 3rd. Or will I be very disappointed?
Yeah, they can still finish 1st or 2nd. 1st pretty unlikely but 2nd a definite possibility, just needs the Chiefs beat the Blues alongside a Brumbies win. 3rd is the lowest they can finish.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well that was good performnce by the Clan. I will say what I said early in year, they will be a bloody good team in 2-3 years . They will get payback on their invest on young talent policy. The likes of De Groot, Bell Taylor ,Holland, Haig and Withy will give them a bloody good pack, Fakatava, Millar, Alefagaa, etc are going to make sure they got the nous required.

Also reckon that Fabian Holland will be a 100 test AB if he satys injusy free.