• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 10, Waratahs vs Lions - Friday 20 April 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What are the odds that matt burke posts a sequel to that 2011 article?

They say it's darkest before the dawn - unfortunately we're in the middle of an Antarctic winter

Is it appropriate to compare Australian rugby to windies cricket?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Watch out brumbies and reds after tonight you might find yourselves on the cutting board for the betterment of the game in Australia...

Cutting all four remaining super sides would be the best outcome for Australian rugby. We still haven't hit rock bottom, there's been a bit of a false dawn because all the Aussie sides played each other and the Sunwolves in the first few weeks, so it gave the impression that there had been an improvement.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Thanks for the offer but I'd rather cut off my nuts using a rusty spoon then immediately sprint down to enter myself in the local kiddies two-spoon-and-two-egg race

Indeed, in fact I hear that all guilty banking executives from the Royal Commission are going to be made to sit through every minute of every super rugby game involving Ausralian teams from 2017 and 2018.

Surely no one will dare to step out of line in the future with such cruel and inhuman punishment being applied.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Indeed, in fact I hear that all guilty banking executives from the Royal Commission are going to be made to sit through every minute of every super rugby game involving Ausralian teams from 2017 and 2018.

Surely no one will dare to step out of line in the future with such cruel and inhuman punishment being applied.
I'm pretty sure that's banned under the geneva convention

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Lion's defense in the first half soaked up all our opportunities despite a run of penalties and shit clearances from Jantes

and then they ground us into the dirt

They were just too good on the night and that pressure showed the players that weren't up to it.

The comp gets hard now and it will be interesting to see how we bounce

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Heart?

He's the frigging central nervous system, the conscience and the limbic system too.

he probably paints the frigging lines on the ground and collects the tickets before the game

this exactly, during the game I got to wondering who would be the most valuable players in world rugby currently and got as far as

1 Beauden Barrett
2 Malcolm Marx
3 Brodie Retallick
4 Aaron Smith
5 Sam Cane
6 Michael Hooper

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
this exactly, during the game I got to wondering who would be the most valuable players in world rugby currently and got as far as

1 Beauden Barrett
2 Malcolm Marx
3 Brodie Retallick
4 Aaron Smith
5 Sam Cane
6 Michael Hooper

By the time you include the NH teams and some tight head props (the THP should always be the first player chosen and the reserve THP the second), Hooper will not be in the top 20, and on last night's game that is a fair evaluation. Pocock would be between Smith and Cane (and I'm a Waratahs supporter).

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
By the time you include the NH teams and some tight head props (the THP should always be the first player chosen and the reserve THP the second), Hooper will not be in the top 20, and on last night's game that is a fair evaluation. Pocock would be between Smith and Cane (and I'm a Waratahs supporter).

The problem with trying to work out where to put Hooper on such a list is that he's immune to injury so we've never actually got to see how the Waratahs or Wallabies go without him for an extended period.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I was one of those deluded to think oz rugby might be improving and Tahs in particular - enough to reconsider going to a live Tahs game and dragging some mates along...but nope I am probably going to shelve that idea for this season.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I do like some of the things that Hooper has to say before games, and liked the comment last night when asked by G Clarke if the Tahs would give it everything because they had a bye next week he said, we give a 100% every week!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Had said the big fella would be targeted. That the Lions did and he was ineffectual.

I always think that any huge kid who plays in the backs (as a junior) doesn't have the necessary
heartstring to play in the forwards. Translates into senior rugby as well.

I remember in league when a small kid named Kerry Boustead came up against the giant NSW winger (biggest bloke on the field) Mark Harris. Boustead never gave him any room, tackled him low, and went on to play for Australia that year. Harris went to water after that..

However give a big bloke room to gather speed and momentum and he's a handful to stop. The Reds found that out.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I wonder how good Ryan McCauley (sp) is? Caught my eye a bit during the SS game on the weekend. Then again, I am renowned for clutching at straws - all drowning men are.

Status
Not open for further replies.