• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Gotta give credit to Uni. I questioned their results the previous week with closer games in 2018 rather then their dominant 2017 performances.

UQ ran up the score on the weekend on a very formidable dragons team & now I’m here to eat my humble pie

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Is it a huge surprise. I'm only a casual observer but when I read through the line ups in the QPR weekly, the UQ backline stands out by far IMO.

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
One of the strongest forward packs Uni have put together for some time. Sef and Kiwi made a massive difference and helped lay a strong platform for the backs to work off. Their backs are very sharp and will be handful for whoever they come up against. Dalgleish, Gale, Foley, Birch are all outstanding players.
I'm hearing Brothers have lodged an appeal/protest from the weekend? Any intel as to why?

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hope you didn’t have money on those tips - well done Norths you ensured plenty of humble pie being eaten tonight

No oracle thank god. And yess I’m up to armpits in humble pie.

Love when you put it out there and the players/teams give it back to you in Spades.

Good for them, particularly The Heavies and North’s. Picking this is like is like picking the date and time humans will be living on mars!! Well maybe not that hard; but for the moment cannot rely on what happened the week before.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Look have to say had a ball out at Souths on the weekend.
Thank you to Souths for being such good hosts.

Went there with two of my schoolmates who played for Souths circa early to late 80’s. haven’t been to Souths for at least 30 years; great day great venue, the banter was spicy and clever with no vitriol; what more could I want.

Watched 3rds, Colts 1, 2nds, firsts then 6th grade. Some good rugby, very close rugby (except for the 6th),
Can’t believe the Souths seconds are 1 from 4; fairly handy n mature team wielding all their crafts.

A call out to young jack Farrell, hopefully all is good with him. Watched jack for 5-6 years now, a wonderful adversary and good young talent; wish him well.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Look have to say had a ball out at Souths on the weekend.
Thank you to Souths for being such good hosts.

Went there with two of my schoolmates who played for Souths circa early to late 80’s. haven’t been to Souths for at least 30 years; great day great venue, the banter was spicy and clever with no vitriol; what more could I want.

Watched 3rds, Colts 1, 2nds, firsts then 6th grade. Some good rugby, very close rugby (except for the 6th),
Can’t believe the Souths seconds are 1 from 4; fairly handy n mature team wielding all their crafts.

A call out to young jack Farrell, hopefully all is good with him. Watched jack for 5-6 years now, a wonderful adversary and good young talent; wish him well.

Good report - club rugby becoming very popular again which is great to see - what sort of injury did Jack receive? Loved watching him at schoolboy level, love to think he could convert to Reds - we sure need him.

Reactions: vac

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Good report - club rugby becoming very popular again which is great to see - what sort of injury did Jack receive? Loved watching him at schoolboy level, love to think he could convert to Reds - we sure need him.

Well I don’t know, however had him in a neck brace and keeping him very still; didn’t look good, so hopefully he’s ok

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
My tiger informant tells me the Tigers have most of their Reds available for this weekend's Bunter Bowl clash against Sunnybank.

Pereze, Wright, Ready & Gunn are all in the tiger stripes this Sunday.

What will they do with their back row and where will Pereze start. I would be interested to see Pereze at #15

legaleagle

Herbert Moran (7)
The Reds bench players could potentially play clubland on Sunday depending on the minutes they get on Saturday night. Perese could play at least a half for Easts if he isn't on too long for the Reds. I'd say they would want him to get some time on Sunday as he hasn't played a lot of minutes.

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Reds bench players could potentially play clubland on Sunday depending on the minutes they get on Saturday night. Perese could play at least a half for Easts if he isn't on too long for the Reds. I'd say they would want him to get some time on Sunday as he hasn't played a lot of minutes.

Not possible... they'll all be so hungover after their huge win against the Lions;)

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Interesting to see where Souths Magpies will fit Eto Nabuli into their slick backline now that he has left the Gallopers for the Magpie Nest. He is on the bench for tomorrow's game v Wests.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Great game at Easts this afternoon - Bank were leading 17-15 at one point but Easts ended up 45-17 victors. Perese played at 13 and very strong, Ready was good but I did like the look of some of the Sunnybank backline and the Easts 9 was impressive.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting to see where Souths Magpies will fit Eto Nabuli into their slick backline now that he has left the Gallopers for the Magpie Nest. He is on the bench for tomorrow's game v Wests.

We might need to change the name to the Fijian Magpies!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Well wandered into Wests yesterday, and I thought Souths would be best served by Nabuli on the bench, he didn't look that good when he came on.
Anyway was a very good game to watch, I thought score was very good indication of game. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be back to Wests for Uni game in couple of weeks.

new recruit_ brisbane

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well wandered into Wests yesterday, and I thought Souths would be best served by Nabuli on the bench, he didn't look that good when he came on.
Anyway was a very good game to watch, I thought score was very good indication of game. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be back to Wests for Uni game in couple of weeks.

Rocks and Diamonds performance from Eto - still scored a great try with his size and power.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Admittedly he dropped the ball in contact on his first run, but you must have missed his second touch where he ran through just about the whole Wests team to score. He made a number of other decisive runs. This was his first run with the team and his combination will only get better. It was a good match.

Pieman

Ward Prentice (10)
Admittedly he dropped the ball in contact on his first run, but you must have missed his second touch where he ran through just about the whole Wests team to score. He made a number of other decisive runs. This was his first run with the team and his combination will only get better. It was a good match.

Totally agree @Warhorse. And he looked like he was really enjoying himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.