• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
I disagree. The Western Force 2017 finally started to play to potential and show how they could play when united behind an inspirational skipper - Matt Hodgson. There was a growing sense of belief which culminated in the thrashing of the Wallabies-studded Waratahs in Round 17. Young players such as Verity-Amm and Newsome rose to the occasion. Peni & Rona were starting to settle into Union. For these 4 it's been trying to re-establish themselves in new player groups.

Therein lies the travesty of axing the Force.

Totally agree. Tragically no-one has stepped up during the fade-outs, even when Coleman, Genia and English were all on the field.
Add Pek Cowan to the leadership with Matt Hodgson. His leadership I think has been totally underestimated. Always was a calm head in adversity.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
MLR kicked off this weekend in the States. I wonder if Tim Metcher will get a run for the Seattle SeaWolves. You can watch it stream on the MLR FB page 10am tomorrow.
He’s listed on the run-on side. Let’s hope he stays uninjured - terrible run of luck with the Rebels / Rising.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I like the guy, but I really can't help think that Hodge is not an effective ball distributor and thus an effective ball playing no.12. With his background, the hope was he would be a bigger, heavy hitting, but capabale of ball playing 10/12 like To'omua, I think that ship has sailed. Talk of him being a potential wallaby 10 has to be completely stomped out. Naivalu and Koroibete need someone bringing them into the game, Hodge doesn't contribute in that at all. His best games have been on wing for the wallabies and can cover fullback. With cheikas defensive system he can defend at 12. However I do not think Hodge helps the attack fire at all from a promoting width or creating opportunity perspective, If you want that, I'd suggest Horwitz would have been the man to keep the outside backs linked in.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
this week it looks like we have Genia, Uelese, Coleman, DHP, Ruru OUT - I'm quite concerned about not having these players this week

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
this week it looks like we have Genia, Uelese, Coleman, DHP, Ruru OUT - I'm quite concerned about not having these players this week
I’m quite concerned that would mean we only have one scrumhalf. That worked so well last year v the Kings when Snowden got injured early on.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Does anyone know anymore on Ruru? Watching it I just thought it was cramp. If he is out who is our 4th scrum half?

Also we had a number of injuries on Saturday does anyone know if we have called for reinforcements from Melbourne?

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
I hope Koro/Sefa were watching English on the wing on the weekend. With Gus sidesteps and twists he was making extra meters every time. Unlike our Fijians that seem to think the best answer is to run over the top.

As for injuries, Ruru is my main worry. I think we can cover the rest.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
In the team photos from yesterday it looked like Coleman was training. He was in team kit and wearing boots. Not sure if that means he's 100% right, but it a better sign than him sitting in the stands.

Regardless, reinforcements should be called. Quick, someone go be a lookout at the airport.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Also, who is our third hooker? Mahe Vailanu has moved to Sydney and is playing for the Rats. We seem to have a lot of players in some positions but bugger-all in others.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Samo Malolo is the other hooker in the broader squad list I think. There's a few boys who are playing up in Sydney: I noticed Pama Fou and Ikapote Tupai on the Shute Shield Team Lists this week despite being on that supplementary list named earlier.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Wessels came over with the mission to get rid of as many current Rebels players as possible. (excluding Wobs) Might be regretting dumping Stirzaker and Hanson now

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Samo Malolo is the other hooker in the broader squad list I think. There's a few boys who are playing up in Sydney: I noticed Pama Fou and Ikapote Tupai on the Shute Shield Team Lists this week despite being on that supplementary list named earlier.

I thought all Rebels squad members were supposed to be playing Dewar Shield?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Looks like Jordan Is out for this weekend. From his IG feed.

44fcf82bacbcf45bb6ea640349d5e4d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.