• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 11, Stormers v Rebels - Friday 27th April @11:05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Please note this game is early morning Saturday not Sunday morning.

Can the Rebels break the SA Voodoo? Who is still fit on tour?

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Thanks KevinO. I am concerned about the injuries but I have to have faith that if the boys are in the right head space they can defeat the Stormers . All Super Rugby players and teams are elite players and so much of their success comes from their head space. Going into a game they have to know what they can do and they have to know that they can defeat their opponent - otherwise they will fulfill their destiny. I have faith. I think they can do it. Wessels needs to get into their headspace and give them the encouragement they need to fight for it. GO Rebels

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Depends really if the Stormers want to play on the day. They one of those teams that performs about twice as well at home as any other ground.

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
I wonder if the Cape Town water supply issue will affect the Rebels. I do think it’d be playing on the minds of the Stormers and could be a factor in their results so far. They are human after all.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I wonder if the Cape Town water supply issue will affect the Rebels. I do think it’d be playing on the minds of the Stormers and could be a factor in their results so far. They are human after all.

The only problem they might face is that the hotel pool will likely be filled with sea water.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Team's out. DHP out, but Coleman still in.

Rebels: 15 Jack Maddocks, 14 Tom English, 13 Reece Hodge, 12 Billy Meakes, 11 Marika Koroibete, 10 Jack Debreczeni, 9 Michael Ruru, 8 Amanaki Mafi, 7 Angus Cottrell, 6 Lopeti Timani, 5 Adam Coleman (c), 4 Matt Philip, 3 Jermaine Ainsley, 2 Anaru Rangi, 1 Tetera Faulkner
Replacements: 16 Sama Malolo, 17 Fereti Sa’aga, 18 Sam Talakai, 19 Geoff Parling, 20 Colby Fainga’a, 21 Harrison Goddard, 22 Semisi Tupou, 23 Sefa Naivalu

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Oh really? That's a damn shame. Would have been good to watch that one.

Three way battle with Coleman, Hardwick, and thew western cape Bruno. Dickie showed last weekend he's prepared to take a few punches, and even bites from the opposition.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Three way battle with Coleman, Hardwick, and thew western cape Bruno. Dickie showed last weekend he's prepared to take a few punches, and even bites from the opposition.

I love to watch all three of them go about their business. The mongrel of Coleman and Bruno reminds me of the old Saffer thugs of my youth - Corne Krige and Bakkies, but I digress.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Stormers would have to be favourites for this game, but the Rebels, if early season form can be recaptured, are the best chance for an Aussie win this weekend.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
its the same knee for Hardwick, i was a bit surprised he was declared "fully fit" to play so early in the season having watched him at pre-season. Uelese may not be fit for the June test series.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
its the same knee for Hardwick, i was a bit surprised he was declared "fully fit" to play so early in the season having watched him at pre-season. Uelese may not be fit for the June test series.

I agree on Uelese too. He will struggle to be fit, and find the form required, to be ready. His biggest challenge is getting his number two back.

Status
Not open for further replies.