• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
So is Maria Folau an expert on team selections now???

Her stirring up trouble in twitter can't help Izzy's re-signing prospects.....

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Haha, Funny how it works.
You couldn't give two fucks about Izzie.
And plenty of Tahs supporters were critical of the money spent to retain Pocock.
If it wasn't for self interest, there would be no interest.....

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Haha, Funny how it works.
You couldn't give two fucks about Izzie.
And plenty of Tahs supporters were critical of the money spent to retain Pocock.
If it wasn't for self interest, there would be no interest...

Plenty of people have had issues with Pocock's sabbatical "conditions", mostly ignoring or missing the details of the deal. Including a lot of non-Tahs fans.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Folau can rabbit on about the imaginary sky daddy all he wants. Perfectly within his rights.

And I'm within my rights to laugh at him for that bullshit. All I need now is to translate that into getting paid millions a year for being fucking good at it.

Face it, gents, rugby here is well on its way to being a niche* sport, and our national team is in the second tier right now, behind Ireland, England, and New Zealand. South Africa on a good day.

These blokes have played their school rugby on a fucking featherbed, and never faced adversity until they were plucked into professional ranks years before they were ready. Club land is showing good numbers but fairly average quality, and we simply don't have the numbers to generate the momentum we need.

The system continues to be run by people who put their own needs, or their little inbred group, ahead of the national team. The Kiwis woke up to this years ago and at least got their semipro levels sorted to help player development.

Their grassroots is falling as hard as ours, because they have the same societal factors we do. But they are least have the buffer of being a properly national sport to drive them. We have pockets; strongholds if you will, that fight both other codes and our own to keep themselves healthy, because what choice do they have?

* I'm not sure if "nicher" is a word

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Folau obviously believes strongly in the horrible teachings that he is exposed to in his faith community. He is not behaving capriciously, or provocatively, from what I can see, he is behaving out of deeply held convictions.

My guess would be that a majority of practising Christians in Australia would be most uncomfortable with this continuing display of what seem to be very hard line fundamentalist convictions.

If you want to win people to your faith, you do not do it by holding a gun to their heads, or making vile threats. You do it with love, and grace.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah I don't see him sticking around after this contract (or coming to the Reds if that rumour is to be believed).

He's entitled to his own beliefs but when those beliefs are in such a contrast with his employers policy all this noise seems an excuse to walk...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah I don't see him sticking around after this contract (or coming to the Reds if that rumour is to be believed).

He's entitled to his own beliefs but when those beliefs are in such a contrast with his employers policy all this noise seems an excuse to walk.

He offered to walk for his beliefs

S

sidelineview

Israel Folau has been caught up in a political storm through no fault of his own because of the timing of events in society.
From what I can see he's an upstanding young man with a strong faith and he's aired his views as pertaining to his religious beliefs as is his right.

The media have fed on it but if it was a few years ago before the same sex marriage issue it wouldn't have caused a stir.
His latest social media contribution was not specifically about gay people; it was about sin in general as is normal with Christianity, but the media have conveniently turned it into that to get a good story and have sensationalised it.
They've made it out to be an anti gay video which it clearly wasn't.

He stated ''with great love I wanted to share this video .....'' etc. repentance of one's sins and forgiveness is a common Christian teaching to save people from a life of sin. That's what he believes.

Folau has been vilified as badly as any gay person or groups of people in the past and its a disgrace.

S

sidelineview

“You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.” Leviticus 19:28.

He may have gotten his tats before he was strengthened in his faith; I'm not sure.
They can be seen to be a cultural thing for him as well.
I doubt if he would proclaim to be perfect. True Christianity would instill a sense of humility in him.

These types of cheap shots at him are in poor taste.
He's a person who has to deal with this rubbish.
A young man and a rugby player who should be supported by the rugby fans and have his religious views respected.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He may have gotten his tats before he was strengthened in his faith; I'm not sure.
They can be seen to be a cultural thing for him as well.
I doubt if he would proclaim to be perfect. True Christianity would instill a sense of humility in him.

These types of cheap shots at him are in poor taste.
He's a person who has to deal with this rubbish.
A young man and a rugby player who should be supported by the rugby fans and have his religious views respected.
I didn’t write anything other than the citation.
Take up your accusation of a cheap shot with Leviticus.

S

sidelineview

I didn’t write anything other than the citation.
Take up your accusation of a cheap shot with Leviticus.

You take a cheap shot at him because he's got tats? This is a way of ridiculing his faith and undermining him.
Yeah it is cheap.
Its like a mob lynching of this young bloke.
He signed up to play footy but cops all this crap because he's got a faith and practices it.
Its a matter of wrong time wrong place for him.
Its nothing more than intolerant redneck abuse and vilification.
Its not hard to see that the media have whipped up hysteria about his so-called crime and some rugby people are cannibalising him.

What a sad state of affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.