• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2018

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Great result from the Country boys against Knox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a gutsy performance, this Stannies side has an ability to stay in the fight and are starting to believe in themselves. Apart from a glitch early against a strong Barker side in 40 degree heat they have competed strongly every game.

ngru0101

Frank Row (1)
While auggies 10 and 13 played well the player they missed the most in their loss to Waverley was their 9 who had a outstanding tournament in Japan and got concussion in the semi final. He is certainly a player to watch this year.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
I have heard a rumor that Pius lost to High on the weekend but I am yet to hear the score? Can anyone confirm this?

The results of the trials so far have me thinking that Stannies have to be favorites with Auggies very close behind them - the game between those two will decide the ISA.

Third place will be between Pats, Oaks and Kinross (with Gregs a chance as well).

I can see Pius struggling this year and many schools will consider this justice after SPX "hid" in the 2nds comp for the last two seasons.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
So is Pius becoming a full Division 1 school again - not sharing the fixtures between St. Gregs and themselves?

I have heard a rumor that Pius lost to High on the weekend but I am yet to hear the score? Can anyone confirm this?

The results of the trials so far have me thinking that Stannies have to be favorites with Auggies very close behind them - the game between those two will decide the ISA.

Third place will be between Pats, Oaks and Kinross (with Gregs a chance as well).

I can see Pius struggling this year and many schools will consider this justice after SPX "hid" in the 2nds comp for the last two seasons.

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
So is Pius becoming a full Division 1 school again - not sharing the fixtures between St. Gregs and themselves?

That would be correct - about time they did too.

It means the ISA Div 1 draw will consist of:

Pats
Kinross
Auggies
Pius
Gregs
Stannies
Kinross

6 games for each team + a bye. Back like the good old days.

DementedMole

Frank Row (1)
Auggies finished 3rd at SANIX.
They were beaten in semi by 3 points by eventual winners Fiji. They defeated Hastings College NZ 35 to 5 in the GF. All games are on UTube and where streamed live.

I just watched this on YouTube. The backline looked dangerous, getting crisp service from the 9. Looks like a solid scrumhalf, good head on his shoulders, shame the Fijian lad tried to take it off :mad:
Close game like that, he stays on and the Aussies win! One to keep an eye on huh?
Cheers Runner

O

Oak_Wood

That would be correct - about time they did too.

It means the ISA Div 1 draw will consist of:

Pats
Kinross
Auggies
Pius
Gregs
Stannies
Kinross

6 games for each team + a bye. Back like the good old days.
Mr ISA Rugby you missed Oakhill in the ISA Div 1 draw!

Mr ISA Rugby

Herbert Moran (7)
The full ISA Div 1 draw has been uploaded to the website FYI

I have linked a copy.

Attachments

• 2018 Season - ISA Division 1 Rugby Draw.pdf
    42.4 KB · Views: 286

Sydney Rugby Fan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Have ISA Rep trials been conducted? When do they announce their selections? Notice AICES have announced their teams.

The ISA Rep trials were held at St.Pius yesterday - for both the Opens and the 16's age groups
There was a good representation present from all of the ISA schools, and some of the 16s games were quite willing to say the least (one lad got a YC for over vigorous play in one of the trial games)

Not sure when they will announce the teams - more than likely they will be announced here: soon: http://www.isa.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/

Reactions: BAR