• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Of course the CEO is responsible for the financial performance.

The Bulldogs announced the signing of Woods on the 28th of April, the signing of Foran on the 10th of May and then Castle resigned on the 25th of May. Maybe she followed your advice?

It seems to me that RA hired someone with experience as a sporting administrator. It seems that most of the more desirable sports administrators that people would prefer would demand at least twice the salary. I'd be happily pointed to the ones that are at more realistic salary levels for RA.

My overarching point here is that people have complained for years that RA hires people without relevant experience administering sports and then when they do hire someone with that experience they then complain about that.
Mate, experience is only of value if it demonstrates that the individual is competent.
She is the object of scorn by her peers in Mungo.

By any measure she was an abject failure in her last role. It doesn't matter whether it's because she's incompetent or too weak to fulfil her role.
This role is substantially more difficult than the one in which she failed.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
^^ think we’ve finally worked out Kiap is Alan Jones (or his ghost writer).

Feel free to dispute the nature and timing of those Bulldog contracts mentioned.

Or even step into the arena with a view on who ran what during those five years.

Don't be an empty heckler, add some points.

Fair play to her to get to CEO of very big organisations given that condition.

I hope she does well.

Regardless, people can step up and find their moment when they're at their best.

Y'never know, maybe this is hers.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I've had a targetted facebook ad from the ARU at the top of my feed for weeks - they are investing a fair bit of social media advertising on this one.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Feel free to dispute the nature and timing of those Bulldog contracts mentioned.

Or even step into the arena with a view on who ran what during those five years.

Don't be an empty heckler, add some points.

I hope she does well.

Regardless, people can step up and find their moment when they're at their best.

Y'never know, maybe this is hers.

Commenting on Boardroom dealings is futile unless you have substantiated intel. I’ve seen good CEOs rail roaded by over zealous Chairman. I’ve seen CEOs flounder and look good by a good board. It’s not like commenting on sport where we get to see all the plays.
The timings of her tenure do coincide with some of those signings, but that doesn’t mean those were her decisions but then again it doesn’t mean they weren’t. We don’t know.
There are murmurings out of the NRL that she was out of her depth, but I don’t know if they’re true or just the politics that can follow women in a male dominated industry.

Let’s judge her on what she does at the RA. So far nothing outstanding but it’s early days. I too hope she and her team do well we need it.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Those incidences do happen, but that was a tenure of around five years. Hanging around all that time getting "railroaded" on all these signings?

If that's business leadership, you're looking for something else.

Look, Castle does have other positive qualities that can be of use to the game. She seems to have been chosen for reasons other than an impressive sports business record.

I'll leave it there for today.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Out of interest, why did anyone (not just you) comment about her fashion choices?
I did think the outfit wasn't professional but then I heard of her health issues and it's fine..,I'd have thought the same of a guy..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Out of interest, why did anyone (not just you) comment about her fashion choices?
Verbal diarrhoea. I think a lot of us will comment on anything. Clyne not wearing a suit, genias hair etc
For me I can’t stand quades fashion sense when I see twitter pics. It’s like an American highschool something. I love QC (Quade Cooper) but I just don’t get it.

I don’t really care what she wears. She’s not dressed inappropriately. Maybe a bit of colour instead of the main colour of our biggest rival but I think she’s an improvement on Bill so far so my dislike of black takes a backseat. Basically if she does a decent job I’d be happy for her to dress in a blue man outfit.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I don’t really care what she wears. She’s not dressed inappropriately. Maybe a bit of colour instead of the main colour of our biggest rival but I think she’s an improvement on Bill so far so my dislike of black takes a backseat. Basically if she does a decent job I’d be happy for her to dress in a blue man outfit.

Interesting. So what is deemed appropriate?
I suppose what interests me more is why comment on something that doesn’t affect her ability to do her job, I don’t feel verbal diarrhoea is an excuse.

I don’t think I’m stepping out of line here in saying this. But she is a larger woman & might find wearing a suit isn’t flattering for her form or mightn’t feel comfortable.
As you may know wearing darker colours are more flattering & slimming.
In my opinion, so far she’s been presentable & neat, not dishevelled.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Alan Jones may have a point about Castle. In her presser re James Slipper she uttered the benediction used whenever a player gets himself into trouble (feel for him, getting him help, this is bigger than rugby etc etc - I didn’t hear it so I’m guessing) but Jones says she didn’t speak to him first.
I find that odd if it’s true.