• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

ngru0101

Frank Row (1)
I reckon Harry Wilson only got the ball cause they changed the 9 at half time. I reckon he deserves a jersey too!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

13As were outstanding. Game stopped early it was so one sided.

14As had 5 players out against a very good Waverley team, so that win is very pleasing.

Most pleasing of all is the 15As who continue to improve. Very close game today, which they apparently won in the last minute or so.

16A was a great game, very even and Waverley were within a try all game until 2 late tries from New.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
sorry, phone died.
Thriller in Waitara.
Barker up by 15 with 5 minutes to go.
Joeys scored two quick tries.
As someone once said, "we didn't lose, we just ran out of time"
Well done both teams.

Full time in 1st XV Joeys 28 Barker 29

Meanwhile....
Full time in 3rd XV Joeys 33 Oakhill 1st XV 22

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
13As were outstanding. Game stopped early it was so one sided.

14As had 5 players out against a very good Waverley team, so that win is very pleasing.

Most pleasing of all is the 15As who continue to improve. Very close game today, which they apparently won in the last minute or so.

16A was a great game, very even and Waverley were within a try all game until 2 late tries from New.

Hello QH do the 13As still have an Ex-Wallaby as Coach, if they do it appears its paying dividends in the performance of our young A teams. For the 13As the match between Kings could prove to be a potential highlight, as both teams appear to be travelling well.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hello QH do the 13As still have an Ex-Wallaby as Coach, if they do it appears its paying dividends in the performance of our young A teams. For the 13As the match between Kings could prove to be a potential highlight, as both teams appear to be travelling well.

Yes. He's doing a great job not only with the 13As, but with the age group in general.

Ball in hand

Frank Nicholson (4)
Totally agree. I couldn't make the game but hear St Augs played really well. Congrats to St Augs.
Congrats to both teams and schools for the spirit the game was played in, including some good banter between the crowd and boys from both teams
Also, congrats to the ref who was consistent and fair on both sides and as a result the game flowed and some great rugb6 was played

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
the inclusion of ISA and CAS with GPS is certainly seeing some awesome school-boy rugby

would be great if they could somehow make the games , more than just trials. Comp games

having said that Auggies supporters seem like Manly fans ... and hard-pressed to get much beyond Brookvale oval

sidesteppa , you bugger ... I was counting on you going to Waitara... you were almost sitting next to me :mad:

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ref at Scots game was fantastic and the Auggies boys appreciated it. Different in the previous week where ref in second half against Newington gave penalties 3 to 1.
Scots crowd was very involved but it a great way they need to be complimented. Game played in great spirit and congratulations to Auggies for a win

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
the inclusion of ISA and CAS with GPS is certainly seeing some awesome school-boy rugby

would be great if they could somehow make the games , more than just trials. Comp games

having said that Auggies supporters seem like Manly fans . and hard-pressed to get much beyond Brookvale oval

sidesteppa , you bugger . I was counting on you going to Waitara. you were almost sitting next to me :mad:

SDW,

I hope you will remember last year when this new mix of GPS,CAS and ISA, combination got absolutely trashed by many, and it was a battle to get some to see the better future.

NOW the mix of games/teams etc is thrilling, bring on a comp, if required, but the fact that schools aren't playing the same teams over and over has added a huge amount of interest and realism IMO.

WHAT DO OTHERS THINK?

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
SDW,

I hope you will remember last year when this new mix of GPS,CAS and ISA, combination got absolutely trashed by many, and it was a battle to get some to see the better future.

NOW the mix of games/teams etc is thrilling, bring on a comp, if required, but the fact that schools aren't playing the same teams over and over has added a huge amount of interest and realism IMO.

WHAT DO OTHERS THINK?

The mixture of all three associations,where ambitious schools such as St.Augustines are given the opportunity to play top GPS and CAS schools can only benefit the standard of Schoolboy Rugby in NSW.It will also hopefully encourage schools such as St. Gregory's to participate, further against Union playing schools. Creating more opportunities for Gregs boys to play quality Union schools at the top level. Yes, they are successful league school, but Union offers opportunities league can never hope to. Schoolboy tours to Japan being, but one example

Other schools to be enticed could be Marcellan College and St.Edwards College. Together, with the sports high school such as Westfields. What has been created is a splendid opportunity to promote the game of Rugby Union at Schoolboy level.