• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Using "getwithme's" team list and adding a few more, could you disagree with these boys getting a go in one of the NRC teams after Saturday's game??
Tom Sharp, Henry Sharp, Callum Hicks and Nathan Caroll.
41-0 in what must be said was an all round dominant performance by a well drilled and controlled Brother's team against the previously undefeated West team. Keeping all individual biased selections out it and who was "missing", Brothers were just too good. Playing with 14 men for the last 22 minutes after a red card, they still keep West scoreless and to top it off, put two more tries on!
I'm not sure it was 22 minutes that Brothers were down to 14 but it was more than the 10 minutes Wests were short a player. Brothers played a perfect game and it was fantastic to watch.
On the red card, I think Stanghon was unlucky. There was a loud noise when he made the hit but the Wests player jumped up straight away (the Brothers player who Stanghon also took out stayed down longer) and from where i was, it looked if he got him in the chest. I could easily be wrong and I'm not going to bag the ref like some clowns at the game were. Does he get an automatic week off for the red card?

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
On the red card, I think Stanghon was unlucky. There was a loud noise when he made the hit but the Wests player jumped up straight away (the Brothers player who Stanghon also took out stayed down longer) and from where i was, it looked if he got him in the chest. I could easily be wrong and I'm not going to bag the ref like some clowns at the game were. Does he get an automatic week off for the red card?

yeah automatic week off with a judiciary hearing. Although I shouldn't say it was good to see, Isaac Tarabay's commentary with the ref is some of the best you'll hear over the game footage.

Ref: "Shoulder to the head, that's a red card."
Tarabay: "Yellow?"
Ref: "Red"
Made me laugh

Bladerunner

Frank Nicholson (4)
yeah automatic week off with a judiciary hearing. Although I shouldn't say it was good to see, Isaac Tarabay's commentary with the ref is some of the best you'll hear over the game footage.

Made me laugh
I hear Tarabay has done his hamstring and is out for a few weeks, big loss for them great player and a tough competitor. Younger brother to colts one, shouldn't lose much loves to play attacking footy and Greentree to 2's, can anyone confirm this.

George Craswell

Bob McCowan (2)

Ref: "Shoulder to the head, that's a red card."t
Made me laugh
The selectors must be close to picking the Brothers Colts 2 Number 13 and captain for a run on roll in Colts 1
Devastating tackler with a great pass. Not sure of his background but he is a big unit.

Made me laugh

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Selection time:
Round 10 sees the start of the 2nd half of the competition, and when teams will start to position themselves for the run home. Early losses for teams outside of the top four may see their season over, so for some, the next few rounds are pivotal.

Easts V UQ: Easts secured a great win last week over GPS and now have 2 wins from their last 3 games. UQ on the other hand had a tough hit out last week and secured the win against Souths. I know UQ are in the top four, but I have a gut feeling this will be a lot harder than UQ expect. If allowed, I will toss an coin and go on home ground advantage, I take Easts by 8.
GPS V Brothers: Brothers were impressive last week, but GPS have been their achilles heel over the last few games. Can't seeing it happening again. Brothers by 3 tries at least
Wests V Bond: No doubt the Wests coaches just shelved last weeks game. No need to go over that again at training! I have been calling Bond as the sleeper for the comp so this is their chance to make a claim on the top four spot. West appear at full strength though. This will be tough in the forwards. Draw!!
Norths V Sunnybank: Sunnybank to continue the slide of Norths. Sunnybank by 18.
Logan V Souths: Logan will find the second half of the season tough with enthusiasm seeping away. Souths to be crankier than Pauline Hansen at an all your can eat Halal restaurant after their loss last week! Souths by heaps and heaps.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Getting out my crystal ball, I see Bond as the big movers for the 2nd half of the season and making their way into the four. They have a hard start to the second half of the season meeting West's who will be still trying to figure out what, how and why from the events of last week. - Bond to turn the table on Wests from the 1st round and win by 2.
UQ to strong for a improving Easts team.
Brothers by a lot over GPS - who would of thought GPS would be where they are after the first game this season.
Sunnybank over Norths
Souths over Logan to remain in lock step with Sunnybank.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Brothers will be looking for another perfect game today to make amends for the first round loss against GPS. I hear nothing short of a thrashing will suffice today.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Any tips for this week?

UQ v Brothers Game of the round both very good teams 1 v 3. Brothers got Uni during the holidays last round and probably got them at their weakest, so I am tipping a close upset. UQ by 7
Easts V Souths Easts are improving and are playing good structured rugby but probably won't the cattle to beat Souths. Souths by 10.
Bond V GPS Bond by quite a bit. I cannot see GPS travelling down the coast well.
Sunnybank V Wests Wests should be too strong in this one West by 20 they will have too much strike power for the boys from the bank.
Norths V Logan I think Norths by a fair bit say 30. Norths are improving as a team and will trouble some teams in the second round. Logan will start to struggle to get numbers in the second half of the year as the losses start to add up. Hopefully they can keep it together.

Will Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Brothers by 10
Souths by 12
Bond by 3
Norths by 20

Also might I ask how QLD country and Brisbane City selections are organised? In other words what determines, who goes where?

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips for round 11:
Getting team sheets and picking a winner this week is harder than finding a meat eater at the Montville crystal festival, but I will give it a real go.
East V Souths: Another great win by Easts last week. Souths were in a canter against Logan. I think the great run by Easts will come to an end even though they are at home. Souths by 20.
Bond V GPS: Thanks GPS for the team sheet, it helps. GPS had all their eggs in one basket last week with players returning for a last charge against Brothers and they got close. Bond on the other hand let one slip against Wests. Bond are still in the hunt and GPS have changed their team. Bond by a bonus point.
Norths V Logan: Is this Logan's chance for a second win of the season? Not likely. Norths have not shown a great deal but will win this easily, Norths by 30.
UNI V Brothers: Brothers were down on form last week, maybe the euphoria of beating Wests so convincingly, whereas UNI were humbled by Easts. I cannot see Brothers being flat again, Brothers by a bonus point.
Sunnybank V Wests: Where there is Smit, there is fire! If Smit plays and combines with Henry, then Wests by plenty. Sunnybank are down on cattle in the forwards so if they get behind, this might be a slaughter! West by a bonus point.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Tips for this week seems straight forward apart from one. The caveat will be Uni exams may have an effect on team selections. This could make the trip to Bond difficult for UQ especially.

Bond V UQ - Bond are 7 points back in fifth so this will be a must win for them or finals will start to become a difficult proposition. UQ should take this one after a disappointing loss last week UQ by 14
Brothers V Easts Brothers t keep the juggernaut going Brothers by 30
Souths V Norths Souths seem to be getting back on track Souths by 20
Logan V Wests Logan will struggle in the second half of the season. West by 50
GPS V Sunnybank Match of the round IMHO GPS are playing for their season should they lose they will fall to far back for finals. They are 11 points back in 6th. I am tipping GPS by 5

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tips for this week seems straight forward apart from one. The caveat will be Uni exams may have an effect on team selections. This could make the trip to Bond difficult for UQ especially.

Bond V UQ - Bond are 7 points back in fifth so this will be a must win for them or finals will start to become a difficult proposition. UQ should take this one after a disappointing loss last week UQ by 14
Brothers V Easts Brothers t keep the juggernaut going Brothers by 30
Souths V Norths Souths seem to be getting back on track Souths by 20
Logan V Wests Logan will struggle in the second half of the season. West by 50
GPS V Sunnybank Match of the round IMHO GPS are playing for their season should they lose they will fall to far back for finals. They are 11 points back in 6th. I am tipping GPS by 5

I think you most likely be right, but just for giggles I propose the following upsets

Brothers easy
Upset. Bond to beat Uni, exams and a horrid injury toll from last week, Bond at home , perhaps an upset
West’s easy
GPS to beat Sunnybank
Souths to good for norths

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think GPS are well and truly out of the running for a spot in the semis, while Bond only has the slimmest of slim chances of getting in. I think the Socceroos have a better chance of making it to the semis in the World Cup.

Sunnybank are a good chance at moving into the 4 but at whose expense, Souths or Uni? We'll see which of the 3 teams lose the most key players to injury in the next 6 weeks. Round 17 and 18 will be very interesting as they go head to head.

It is a 2 horse race for the title though. When it comes to finals time, it will be interesting to see if Brothers use the eligible players from 1st Grade back in Colts. I think it would be a mistake messing with the team and would like to see them using those players off the bench.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Discussion point
At this time of the season it is always interesting to look at the depth across the comp. I wonder how the top 4 in Colts 2 would go in Colts one.
Brothers are obviously very good being undefeated, UQ, Souths and Bond fill out the top four with those three battling for position.
In my view they would probably all would be mid table.
It is also interesting to note that those teams are also in the top five in Colts One so the programs at a those clubs should be commended.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips for the week:
Bond V Uni: Bond surprised me with the loss to GPS last week. One more loss and they lose the "smokie" for the top four. Uni on the other hand battle hard last week against Brothers, but from all accounts have suffered badly with injuries. This one might be a bridge too far for UNI. I see them suffering their third straight loss. UNI goes down by 8. If I see a team list I may change this.
Brothers V Easts: Brothers back at home and with their centre pairing back (thanks for the team list). Easts on the other hand patching themselves up after a brutal encounter against Souths. Brothers by a bonus point.
Souths V Norths: Souths starting to find their feet again. They will simple outgun Norths in the polar clash. Souths by a bonus point.
Logan V Wests: When will they call this one? 50 points to Wests by half time! Sorry Logan it has been a tough season, but I can't see you matching the Wests team regardless of who they put on the field.
GPS V Sunnybank: This is my upset of the round. GPS' win last week gives them a mathematical chance of a top four finish. They beat Sunnybank this weekend and are assured of at least three more wins. Give them a win in round 16 or 17 and they are right in it.
GPS by 15.

I see the table after this week as (4-7);

Uni 33, Sunnybank 30, Bond 27-28, GPS 24-25.

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bond v UQ - Bond will beat Uni, giving Sunnybank the shot at 4th spot. This is Uni's 4th 5/8 in 4 weeks and with Tweedy amongst the many injured, Uni will struggle. However, the students in the team will have so much red bull in their systems for the late night cramming, the fill-ins may play out of their skins. Bond to win though.
Brothers v Easts - another romp for Brothers.
Souths v Norths - Souths wll get a win that will really improve their differential.
Logan v Wests - the 3rd easy win of the round. Wests.
GPS v Sunnybank - I love the optimism shown by William Wallace but Tom Kibble is in 1st grade; and Sunnybank can claim 4th spot with a win. The two reasons Sunnybank will win with a bonus point.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Bond v UQ - Bond will beat Uni, giving Sunnybank the shot at 4th spot. This is Uni's 4th 5/8 in 4 weeks and with Tweedy amongst the many injured, Uni will struggle. However, the students in the team will have so much red bull in their systems for the late night cramming, the fill-ins may play out of their skins. Bond to win though.
Souths v Norths - Souths wll get a win that will really improve their differential.
GPS v Sunnybank - I love the optimism shown by William Wallace but Tom Kibble is in 1st grade; and Sunnybank can claim 4th spot with a win. The two reasons Sunnybank will win with a bonus point.

Agree on all the above except GPS v Sunnybank. I don't believe Kibble's presence or not has ever affected the GPS Colts result. I have always said De Flavis is the key and he appears to be running into form after his injury layoff. If Chapman can lay the platform, GPS will prevail this afternoon and they may even get the bonus point.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree on all the above except GPS v Sunnybank. I don't believe Kibble's presence or not has ever affected the GPS Colts result. I have always said De Flavis is the key and he appears to be running into form after his injury layoff. If Chapman can lay the platform, GPS will prevail this afternoon and they may even get the bonus point.

good call

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)

Hmmm, perhaps William Wallace Optimism was right and your faith In Sunnybank was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.