• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 SYDNEY COLTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Sydney U18 team to play NSW Country U18s at Concord Oval, 3pm on Monday 11th June (As a feature match in NSWJRU State Championships).
Winning coaching team of this fixture will get the role of coaching the NSW I, to play AAGPS Blue and then onto Div 2 Nationals on Gold Coast.

Geez GOIII, they play in Div 2 at nationals ,where do i get on with the bookies?
There is some serious talent in this side, a number who are already playing in 1sts colts . Well done to the selectors though I thought there might have been a few more WS Barbarians boys in the squad.

Looking forward to see how they go.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Was at Bon Andrews for the Souths v Norths 1st colts match
Tricky wind conditions which Norths had first use off and Norths needed to be 14 points in fromt at halftime
It was pretty obvious Norths came to play but Souths really attacked the Norths scrum and also put a lot of pressure on the Norths lineout.
Souths were down on there 3 previous performances but were doing enough especially in defence to grab a 15 nil halftime lead and running with the wind 2nd half scored another 28 points to nil mostly off a totally dominant scrum
Yet to see a better front row than James Wayland, Blake Schoup and Dylan Valini.
Norths certainly gave there all and full credit to there performance in tough conditions which just didn’t let the game flow
The past 4 weeks i think the refereeing standard at 1st Colts level has been very good and looks like some good refs coming through
Next game Souths play Randwick which will be a cracking game of Colts rugby
Should be TV match of the day.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They are definitely getting better
  • lost 1st game to Easts (by a lot)
  • bye vs Penrith
  • beat Norths 12-10
  • won of forfeit vs Wests
  • lost to Randwick 12-10
Have they been winning?
thoughts now?
It’s unfair to the teams that have lost to them when other teams got to “play” Penrith.
If it cost a team a semi spot that would merely alienate another group of blameless players because the blazer brigade are congenitally incapable of getting their shit together.

thepuma

Peter Burge (5)
But all teams who played Penrith now revert to a 28-0 win - I'm sure Southern Districts are happy as they've picked up a win after being originally beaten.
Its the teams that played the first 4 rounds against Parra that might cry poor.
Here's an u16 scoring a try...
...one of the reasons Penrith's 3rds lost 2 competition points for not having his mandatory assessment for Senior rugby completed... you reckon he's coping?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I knew there was an anomaly I just didn’t know what it was.
I claim no special insight into oz rugby by suspecting an anomaly.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yesterdays results

Screenshot_20180617-164058.jpeg

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
IIRCC they did this last year and created a whole bunch of expectations that amounted to nothing, so why continue the farce? Maybe they should rename the invited players into two groups called “bugger all chance” and “snowflake’s chance in hell”
Only difference being, this year they will actually select a squad that will play in a competition against the other states. From that comp will see the Aus U20 squad selected.

It's a big improvement on process.

Breaks_Away

Sydney Middleton (9)
Only difference being, this year they will actually select a squad that will play in a competition against the other states. From that comp will see the Aus U20 squad selected.

It's a big improvement on process.

Hi HB,
Any idea when they will announce the boys selected for the U19’s NRC from the trials held at Camden recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hi HB,
Any idea when they will announce the boys selected for the U19’s NRC from the trials held at Camden recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No sorry, don't know too much about it. Assume it will be soon,

Someone here might know more.

Do Sydney Rays and NSW Country both have an U19 side?

Or is it just 1 Genblue side playing at the same fixture as the Rays?

Status
Not open for further replies.