• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think he lost some of his pace when he bulked up and that decreased his best traits without adding enough of a tackle busting ability to his game.

I also think his fitness was down last year and he has paid for that.

I thought he had really good ability to read a rugby game as a young player which made him an elite junior but that hasn't carried him through enough.

Hopefully he comes good overseas. He certainly has plenty of talent and maybe falling away from the Waratahs 23 and needing to go overseas for opportunity will be the kick up the bum he needs to work incredibly hard on his game.

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
With big T and now Kellaway leaving I'd be having a big crack at Naivalu from the Rebs for 2019, it would help them get under the cap and they're not exactly short of outside backs down there with Korebeite, DHP, Maddocks, Semisi Topau, etc. Not to mention English and Hodge!

He'd be a great replacement for Big T and add some serious gas outside Rona et al.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I think he lost some of his pace when he bulked up and that decreased his best traits without adding enough of a tackle busting ability to his game.

I also think his fitness was down last year and he has paid for that.

I thought he had really good ability to read a rugby game as a young player which made him an elite junior but that hasn't carried him through enough.

Hopefully he comes good overseas. He certainly has plenty of talent and maybe falling away from the Waratahs 23 and needing to go overseas for opportunity will be the kick up the bum he needs to work incredibly hard on his game.

Well, it worked for DHP.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Here's the Tahs side to play the NEC Green Rockets.

1. Harry Johnson-Holmes
2. Hugh Roach
3. Shambeckler Vui
4. Jed Holloway
5. Ryan McCauley
6. Lachlan Swinton
7. Maclean Jones
8. Brad Wilkin
9. Jake Gordon
10. Mack Mason (captain)
11. Alex Newsome
12. Irae Simone
13. Lalakai Foketi
14. Cam Clark
15. Bryce Hegarty
16. Damien Fitzpatrick
17. Cody Walker
18. Paddy Ryan
19. Tom Staniforth
20. Michael Wells
21. Will Miller
22. Mitchell Short
23. Will McDonnell
24. Taqele Naiyaravoro

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Good to see Swinton in the side. He and Swain were, in my opinion, the best of the U20s locks last year, but missed out most occasions to Hockings and Blyth. The two Sw's were a step up in aggression on the two reds locks. Swain has continued to develop into a promising player behind Carter, Arnold and Enever at the Brumbies. Haven't seen anything of Swinton in recent times, though.

Is the game going to be streamed?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see Swinton in the side. He and Swain were, in my opinion, the best of the U20s locks last year, but missed out most occasions to Hockings and Blyth. The two Sw's were a step up in aggression on the two reds locks. Swain has continued to develop into a promising player behind Carter, Arnold and Enever at the Brumbies. Haven't seen anything of Swinton in recent times, though.

Is the game going to be streamed?

Not a Hockings fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.