• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think you most likely be right, but just for giggles I propose the following upsets

Brothers easy

Upset. Bond to beat Uni, exams and a horrid injury toll from last week, Bond at home , perhaps an upset

West’s easy

GPS to beat Sunnybank

Souths to good for norths

Don't want to be a smart ass and say told you so, but 4 from 4.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Discussion point

At this time of the season it is always interesting to look at the depth across the comp. I wonder how the top 4 in Colts 2 would go in Colts one.

Brothers are obviously very good being undefeated, UQ, Souths and Bond fill out the top four with those three battling for position.

In my view they would probably all would be mid table.

It is also interesting to note that those teams are also in the top five in Colts One so the programs at a those clubs should be commended.

Good discussion point, It would appear I think that Brothers colts 2 would have to go close to top 4

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree on all the above except GPS v Sunnybank. I don't believe Kibble's presence or not has ever affected the GPS Colts result. I have always said De Flavis is the key and he appears to be running into form after his injury layoff. If Chapman can lay the platform, GPS will prevail this afternoon and they may even get the bonus point.
Bloody De Flavis. Nice tipping Shark.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Tips for the week with only six rounds to go.

UQ (34) v The Bank (31) 4th v 5th This promises to be a very close encounter and is my opinion the game of the round. I think UQ will win it as they did in the first round and are at home. UQ by 14
Brothers (53) v Souths (40) 1st v 3rd Brothers are undefeated and are at home. Souths seem to have found there mojo however ait has been against the bottom of the draw. I expect the Brothers juggernaut to roll on. Brothers by 14
Easts (13) V Bond (27) 8th v 6th Bond to continue on there winning way in what will be a tougher game than the points table reveals as the Easts boys have bee ultra competitive in the last month. Bond however need this to keep there run to the finals on track and avoid the banana skin. Bond by 20
Norths (13) v Wests (52) 2nd v 9th Norths are a difficult assignment at home but wests willl just have too much firepower. Wests by 40
Logan (3) V GPS (23) 7th v Last GPS need and will get the bonus point at Logan to give themselves a punchers chance of the finals. GPS by 40

If games go as I expect positions 3 through 7 will still be in play with the top two and the bottom three already decided.

Over to you boys

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Tips for the week with only six rounds to go.

UQ (34) v The Bank (31) 4th v 5th This promises to be a very close encounter and is my opinion the game of the round. I think UQ will win it as they did in the first round and are at home. UQ by 14
Brothers (53) v Souths (40) 1st v 3rd Brothers are undefeated and are at home. Souths seem to have found there mojo however ait has been against the bottom of the draw. I expect the Brothers juggernaut to roll on. Brothers by 14
Easts (13) V Bond (27) 8th v 6th Bond to continue on there winning way in what will be a tougher game than the points table reveals as the Easts boys have bee ultra competitive in the last month. Bond however need this to keep there run to the finals on track and avoid the banana skin. Bond by 20
Norths (13) v Wests (52) 2nd v 9th Norths are a difficult assignment at home but wests willl just have too much firepower. Wests by 40
Logan (3) V GPS (23) 7th v Last GPS need and will get the bonus point at Logan to give themselves a punchers chance of the finals. GPS by 40

If games go as I expect positions 3 through 7 will still be in play with the top two and the bottom three already decided.

Over to you boys

Good tips, I am going to play the devils advocate again trying to pick the upset,

Bank by 2, this is my upset
Brothers by 30
Bond by 8
Wests by Plenty 50
GPS by 40

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips for this week:

Unlike other punters I think this round is very hard to pick. Lots to gain, and more to lose for all teams from 1st through 7th this week. A lack of team line-ups makes it very hard to pick, but here goes.

UQ (34) v The Bank (31) 4th v 5th:
UQ are on a terrible run of loses. Three in a row and could slip out of the four if they lose this weekend. On the other hand Bank must win or slip 2 wins out of the four. Have UQ recovered from the injury toll against Brothers? The first 20 of each half will be pivotal. Whoever gains ascendancy here will win. I take the bank by 10.
Brothers (53) v Souths (40) 1st v 3rd
Another tough game to pick. Souths have found form, but has it been against quality opposition? Brothers on the other hand keep putting on points without really clicking. This will be won, or lost, in the battle of the back five. I give it to Brothers by 18.
Easts (13) V Bond (27) 8th v 6th
Bond were lucky last week, or so UNI tell us. East toiled hard against Brothers, but just could not work out where all the support runners were coming from. Bond to continue to climb the ladder. A win to Bond, but not by much.
Norths (13) v Wests (52) 2nd v 9th
Norths are a different team at home, but not by 50 points. Wests will slowly bring back the injured in this game and still win by a landslide.
Logan (3) V GPS (23) 7th v Last
It will be bloody cold on the Queens Road field. GPS will need to watch out that they don't leave their game in the dressing room dreaming of a sunny Yuko Road. Logan may see themselves with a chance here. GPS by 30 though!

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
We are now two thirds of the way through the QLD Colts 1 Comp this year and coming down to the business end of the season with six games to go in regular season and thought I would have a look at what the chances are for teams to make the finals.

I believe the top two spots are sewn up.

Brothers look unbeatable and short priced favourites for the Minor premiership. The hardest decision they will have to make is who to drop out of the forwards for Wood, Wilson and McReight when they come back from First Grade to strengthen the ranks for the finals.

Wests would have to lose at least three games and Souths to remain undefeated for rest of season (which is unlikely as Souths play Brothers this weekend) not to finish in second spot.

Saying that, I believe Souths have already wrapped up third spot.

So it comes down to one spot left for a chance in the finals for the 2018 Colts 1 premiership and there are four teams positioned to have a red hot go as long as they get rid of their wobbles and gain some consistency in their results.

Uni, Sunnybank, Bond and GPS are all a chance.

Uni are limping home with injuries severely testing their depth. They only have to win their next three games (v Sunnybank, Logan, Norths) with a bonus point here or there and they will seal the deal. This Saturday could be their finals decider v Sunnybank. If they lose that game, all three of their last games (v Wests, GPS, Souths) could become sudden death finals, which will leave them exhausted before they actually get to the finals.

In the last couple of weeks Sunnybank have been playing like a shadow of the team they could have been this year. Little punch in the forwards and thin on the ground with their backs. I can see them losing four of their last six games (v Uni, Easts, Brothers, Bond, Souths and Logan) and will struggle to make the top four.

Bond and GPS look as though they are now getting the teams they want on the park and are coming home strongly. Depending on the Uni v Sunnybank game this Saturday, if either of Bond or GPS win four of their last six games they have a chance to make the dance off for the premiership.

Bond are best placed at the moment for fourth spot on the ladder and have Easts, Brothers, Souths, Sunnybank, Logan and Norths ahead of them. So a w in four of these games is gettable. Their deciding match for the finals will be in third last round v Sunnybank and if they win that and get bonus points in at least three other games, they might just scrape through to finals.

GPS are a longer shot. A poor run of results since they played Logan earlier in the year has put them on the back foot. However, great results in last two games against Bond and Sunnybank could mean they are a team on the rise with anything possible. They have Logan, Norths, Wests, Souths, Uni and Easts ahead. Depending on other games, four wins and a few bonus points will get them close. A fifth win could seal the deal. Four is doable but a fifth against Wests or Souths will not only get them there but I believe will also mean they have earned the last spot for the finals.

Unfortunately Norths, Easts and Logan are no chance, but hopefully can still play a disrupting part and set up a platform for next year. It can be turned around in a year, just look at Souths this year compared to last year in Colts 1.

TBOY

Bob McCowan (2)
Having watched Wests colts for a couple of weeks now including their massive loss to Brothers, it is hard to see any team in colts comp challenging Brothers for the premiership. Wests are the closest to Brothers on table and based on last encounter they would need to find another 3-4 gears to even compete. Brothers with players to come back into finals ..... scary!

Reactions: vac

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Tips for the week

Only missed one last week well done to the Bank on defeating UQ

Sunnybank V Easts - Sunnybank by 30 after a big win over UQ last week

Bond V Brothers - For mine this is a must win for Bond if they hope to make the finals. They are only 5 points out of 4th but cannot afford to lose ground. Brothers by quite a bit they look very good for the big dance Brothers by 30

GPS v Norths - GPS at home they are just playing out the season at this stage. GPS by 20

Souths V Wests - This is the game of the round with it being 2 v 3. Souths won the trial and West the first round I expect this to be an easy victory for Wests. West by 20

UQ v Logan UQ to bounce back and win by 40.

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Don't mean to boast but I have tipped 100% over last couple of weeks, Also despite the mocking, you can go back I did predict Uni to miss the top 4. Its not over yet but the fat lady is warming up for Uni this year.

my Tips this weekend

Easts to win in an upset (Sunnybank have always a chance of that terrible slip up) This game could go either way. Easts on their day and have proved this with a couple of upsets.
Brothers by plenty, maybe 40, However there is always the chance of a slip up. Not sure where Brothers are on the injury front, any news?
GPS by 20 - Same as last year, making a last ditch effort.
Wests by 15 - Souths just becoming a little to predictable, relying on the same couple of players, I think Wests Coach's to smart for this, Wests Coach's to win this one with the clipboard.
UQ by Plenty

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Don't mean to boast but I have tipped 100% over last couple of weeks, Also despite the mocking, you can go back I did predict Uni to miss the top 4. Its not over yet but the fat lady is warming up for Uni this year.

my Tips this weekend

Easts to win in an upset (Sunnybank have always a chance of that terrible slip up) This game could go either way. Easts on their day and have proved this with a couple of upsets.
Brothers by plenty, maybe 40, However there is always the chance of a slip up. Not sure where Brothers are on the injury front, any news?
GPS by 20 - Same as last year, making a last ditch effort.
Wests by 15 - Souths just becoming a little to predictable, relying on the same couple of players, I think Wests Coach's to smart for this, Wests Coach's to win this one with the clipboard.
UQ by Plenty

By all means boast away

I think you will be fine
UQ have Logan, Norths, Wests, GPS and Souths to finish it could come down to the final round.
Souths have Wests, Bond, GPS, Sunnybank and UQ (Souths have not beaten anyone in the top five)
Sunnybank have Easts, Brothers, Bond, Souths and Logan.

One to miss out with Bond being the improving spoiler.

Will Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Bank by 14
Brothers by atleast 40
Gps by 18
The Wests team dont have great memories this year at Chipsy Wood and since everyone is trying to pick an upset, I'll go Souths by a try
Logan to get pumped...Sorry boys

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips for the week:

Again making the tips without full team sheets. Injuries are starting to rear their ugly head again and how teams number up make a real difference.

Sunnybank V Easts - Sunnybank will win this and win it easily. Frotter, you have rocks in your head if you think Easts will roll the Bank pack. Bank by 3 tries +.

Bond V Brothers - Brothers were pretty good last week against what is probably the best team Souths can put on the park. The composure of the brothers side will see them win this game, but I am not predicting it by 30-40. Brothers by a bonus point though.

GPS v Norths - Norths with their best, minus their 9 still don't have it. GPS must keep winning to be any chance come the last 3 rounds. GPS by a bonus point at home and watch out Wests next week!!

UQ v Logan UQ need to do something and real quick. Logan just might see this as a game they can win. Are UQ still suffering from injuries? This will be closer than UQ may like, but they will get the cookies. UQ by 20+

Souths V Wests - And the main event of the evening!! Well it may be predictable, but it will work. Legs 11 to Souths. Souths will enact revenge on the Wests team here. Wests are still looking to settle a line-up and with players returning from injury and without game fitness I just can't see them getting up here. In a battle, Souths by 12!!

Will Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Tips for the week:

Again making the tips without full team sheets. Injuries are starting to rear their ugly head again and how teams number up make a real difference.

Sunnybank V Easts - Sunnybank will win this and win it easily. Frotter, you have rocks in your head if you think Easts will roll the Bank pack. Bank by 3 tries +.

Bond V Brothers - Brothers were pretty good last week against what is probably the best team Souths can put on the park. The composure of the brothers side will see them win this game, but I am not predicting it by 30-40. Brothers by a bonus point though.

GPS v Norths - Norths with their best, minus their 9 still don't have it. GPS must keep winning to be any chance come the last 3 rounds. GPS by a bonus point at home and watch out Wests next week!!

UQ v Logan UQ need to do something and real quick. Logan just might see this as a game they can win. Are UQ still suffering from injuries? This will be closer than UQ may like, but they will get the cookies. UQ by 20+

Souths V Wests - And the main event of the evening!! Well it may be predictable, but it will work. Legs 11 to Souths. Souths will enact revenge on the Wests team here. Wests are still looking to settle a line-up and with players returning from injury and without game fitness I just can't see them getting up here. In a battle, Souths by 12!!

What is Legs 11?

Will Smith

Peter Burge (5)
No Legs William. Dogs too good !!

Speaking of the Legs, his battle with Shea on the wing was very good and entertaining to watch at least I thought so. Seeing across the competition, it's becoming more and more predictable as we move towards Finals, upsets will come and there will soon be 4 left.

I'm picking the last 4 to be.

1 Brothers
2 Wests
3 Souths
4 Sunnybank

Status
Not open for further replies.