• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just saw a Facebook post from the boys at pillar & post podcast that Karmichael Hunt has been spotted at Souths Magpie training and may make his debut this weekend?

I thought he played for Norths?

That will do me - Magpies stooping to all time low.

They are a model club at present with a:
- #7 who calls the Ref a cheat;
- #8 who is a serial shoulder charger to the head/neck area;

My question is whether he qualifies for finals?

You have to play 6 games to qualify but Reds contracted players automatically qualify my question is whether Karmichael is currently contracted to the Reds.

Shungmao

Stan Wickham (3)

You have to play 6 games to qualify but Reds contracted players automatically qualify my question is whether Karmichael is currently contracted to the Reds.

Wow! Just rang my mate who coaches at Souths, note sent from the club confirming he’s playing for them , deal brokered by Quade. Norths must either be fuming or feeling stupid.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep. It’s in the paper today too. He’s contracted to the Reds (and training with them) so is eligible for finals you’d think.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I’m ok with Khunt at Souths.

I understand the reds don’t want the slippers and karmichaeals of the world bringing the reds into disrepute but denying a man to play amateur rugby is something that does not jive with me

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
Finals series player eligibility

‘Management Committee requirements for players to be eligible to participate in the finals.

(I) A player must have been properly registered with the club no later than six (6) weeks prior to the commencement of the finals. This specifically and strictly applies to Contracted Players. This includes being registered on Rugby Link in that year of competition.’

My understanding is that he’s currently contracted but based on the rule above he’s ineligible for finals

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/07/06/karmichael-hunt-switching-to-souths

Article just recently - Karmichael won't be eligible for Finals footy, and will likely feature from the bench this weekend.

As for Norths: word is that the club decided they did not want to be involved with him due to his "extracurricular issues". Norths has a massive Junior rugby base with a big presence on Social Media, and I guess didn't want the young kids associating with Special K in that regard...

Interesting news all round though!

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The bigger man and real mate here is Quade. QC (Quade Cooper) appears to value his mates, regardless of there status. According to the article in rugby.com, it was never about premiership but a mate reaching out to a hurting and withdrawn friend albeit self inflicted. Khunt I hope you have fun out there in the wet and realise rugby and playing sports is the perfect aphrodisiac :).
Kudos to you QC (Quade Cooper). True reflection of your fearlessness .

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not condoning what Karmichael did for a second but I think it’s great that Souths have given him the chance to play.

I believe the reds are the ones who have dropped the ball here. They were allowing him to be paid to do absolutely nothing when in fact they should have forced him to play club rugby (for whoever) and earn his money by giving back to schools and clubs throughout Queensland everyday. He has essentially been earning whatever he’s on to sit around and do nothing. Well done Souths for giving him a second chance (as has happened with every NRL team) but should have happened ages ago from the QRU

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
^^^
In that case, wheres RUPA or a RA(part employer of Khunt) player welfare person at??? Someone should be following up these players : QC (Quade Cooper); SLippery, etc, and provide some support towards doing something, which really should be playing rugby or contributing to grassroots rugby.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Wow! Just rang my mate who coaches at Souths, note sent from the club confirming he’s playing for them , deal brokered by Quade. Norths must either be fuming or feeling stupid.

Nah, not a case of Norths looking like idiots - KH stuffed up big time and luckily for him he legally got away with it, I’m sure his wife wasn’t happy about it and neither was his club so off he moves to displace someone from theirs. N!orths and their sponsors said no thanks we don’t need to compromise our club values with a guy whose prepared to repetitively compromise his family. Shame for him though he’s just the unlucky one who got caught.

Ian Cameron

Frank Row (1)

Ian Cameron

Frank Row (1)
Mr Bulldog,

So sometimes you read some rubbish and sadly you have to make a comment, but I do it under my real name!

So, Mr Bulldog or whatever your real name is, please stand up and be counted and put your real name up here so we all know who you are instead of hiding behind your computer or phone.

People are absolutely entitled to their own opinions on the Karlmichael Hunt scenario and other matters for that matter, that have transpired over the years where people have made poor choices etc for sure!

But if you want to be taken seriously or any credence placed or given to your actual comments, opinion and thoughts and you are all entitled to your opinions whether positive or negative.

But, you should have the fortitude, decency not to hide behind an alias on Social Media nor on here at Rugby Green and Gold.

Like Kevin Walter’s suggested this week in relation to comments about the State of Origin team from keyboard warriors hiding in cyberspace etc!

It suggests to me and many others that you a not a considered or decent reasonable person plus you may lack some calcium in your spine as you aren’t brave enough to type your comments and put your name to them, plus stand by those comments!

So, in short, I find as others at Souths, most in the key positions of the club find your defamatory biased opinion against South’s and some of our players very offensive, and pathetic.

So, I would also add that also suggests to me you haven’t been a member of a West’s for long or if at all for that fact.

As like all Clubs in the game of Rugby and all sports for that matter we all have players and members that have made plenty of mistakes in their lives over the years.

Trust me there plenty that have crossed the line and made mistakes.

But instead, you have decided to defame all members of my Club South’s past and present a club that has been around since in 1948 with your ill-informed comments.

You have deemed to be the Judge and jury on a send-off for one of our players too.

He made a mistake he has paid the plenty that they QRU Judiciary deemed appropriate if you so aggrieve again lodge an appeal but if you do that you have to put your name to it!

As I have said I wouldn’t imagine you would hold and position of note in that great club of Wests!

You have decided also to bag another player from South's our number 8 because of the way you see that game and how he plays it, again we are all not the same we do see things differently but your biase here is the problem with that sad comment.

What actual qualifications have you in the game of Rugby to be so judgmental or an expert?

My challenge is to you and others if you are brave enough to think it, type it, voice your opinions for sure but put your name to it, end of story and we all move on!

What are you scared of?

Stand by your opinion and your comments, if you actually brave enough to do so thats fine, but I very much doubt it!

Plenty have an opinion and plenty have stated theirs to me today but the difference they are not hiding behind a keyboard at home acting like Judge and Jury like you!

I would suggest that the many good people of Wests that I have known personally for many decades, years quality people would like to know who you are too, as I would presume that would be embarrassed, ashamed for you to be an apparent member of that great suburban club Wests.

Let’s get a few things on the table here also:

The QRU and the ARU are the ones who have dropped the ball here not only with Karlmichael, but also Quade, and other players from the Reds that have hung out to dry this year and isolated no Mental Health Support whatsoever West's also has one player that that happened to this year too plus another player who took a bad option which will he will be reminded for the rest of his life.

They the QRU, if you can remember, had the opportunity to sack Karlmichael Hunt for his first indiscretion a few years ago, which was and is a Criminal Offence they the QRU Board, CEO etc and the ARU decided not to sack him!

So, who is at fault here?

What would happen in your workplace like many others you would be sacked like me etc quite simply.

What Karlmichael Hunt has done with both events, is self-inflicted he has hurt no one except himself, his wife, his kids, his family etc.

His reputation trashed, extremely tarnished etc a guy that has played 3 elite sports at an Elite Level – but again it is all self-inflicted by him and him alone.

No one else.

So, we banish him forever?

What about James Slipper I would hope that Bond would be very supportive of him too and any other player that has a similar plight at any other club.

Can I suggest that Drugs are a major issue in Society worldwide and it does not discriminate against anyone etc sadly?

I don’t have to explain to you nor does our club as to why we have decided to help Karlmichael, quite frankly it’s no one’s business except South’s Rugby Union Club's business.

Other places had the opportunity to do so but they chose not to help him but we have decided to help him so be it.

The Reds and the QRU & the ARU handling of this matter and the game of Rugby, in general, has been abysmal!

Would you prefer that he took another option?

Do you want him to end up like sadly a Dan Vickerman and sadly others!

My club has been compassionate, enough, brave enough to take some positive action and a stand to support someone here to help another human being that is struggling.

It is also irrelevant in any forum or any discussion in relation to him playing finals for Souths this is a welfare-based issue & decision quite simply full stop.

Let’s hope no one in your family or friends ever make a mistake, and you hang them out to dry like you have hung others out on here.

I would presume you have never made a mistake either in your life!

If we get criticism for helping Karlmichael then so be it but do it under your real name not an alias name, please.

But I can assure you and others anonymously defaming members of Souths, the South's Club, in general, say your piece for sure but put your name to it and we all can move on!

I note you refer to South’s as a Model Club?

You are suggesting that everything that every member of Souths does on or off the Rugby field or in the Community is supported or condoned by the South's Club as a whole.

Quite simply what a poor sad view you have if you believe we are happy when our players make poor decisions, choices you are sadly mistaken.

I could say the same about all clubs and your apparent club Wests too, but unlike you, I don’t have a narrow-minded view like you do Mr Bulldog.

If you think that your comments are going to change our minds and the considered opinion on what we have done here, and this decision made, a decision which was not made overnight, you are sadly mistaken.

So again, I am on here under my real name here most people in Rugby circles know me.

I am easily contactable to discuss in person, so I challenge you to put up or shut up, make your comments under your real name and stand by them your opinion and that’s fine and we all move on.

But taking cheap shots behind an assumed name says more about you to be honest!

If you wish to understand our reasoning if that’s what you want to know to call South's and they will put you in contact with me.

But be very careful about defaming an entire club, my club, our President, Coaches, Club Committee, Club members with your ill-informed, slanderous comments online.

Thanks
Ian Cameron.

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
^^^^

Ian quite a plaint of words. To be fair Bulldog only gave an opinion of events that have actually occurred; and I would agree with his assertions.

I don’t think that if you write an essay it necessarily makes what you say correct. For mine:

1) Mr Farrell called the referee a cheat and was rightfully marched.

2) On more than one occasion the #8 has used incorrect technique in his tackles, which should be able to be questioned (as other players well-being are affected, needlessly) &

3) He simply asked the ruling on the KH situation.

At no stage in this particular comment, did he defame anybody, imho, so why the exhaustive rant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shungmao

Stan Wickham (3)
Ian so you support K ? The club got the vote? I was well informed you were against all of it . Lepord .. stripes ... enjoy

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
^^^^

Ian quite a plaint of words. To be fair Bulldog only gave an opinion of events that have actually occurred; and I would agree with his assertions.

I don’t think that if you write an essay it necessarily makes what you say correct. For mine:

1) Mr Farrell called the referee a cheat and was rightfully marched.

2) On more than one occasion the #8 has used incorrect technique in his tackles, which should be able to be questioned (as other players well-being are affected, needlessly) &

3) He simply asked the ruling on the KH situation.

At no stage in this particular comment, did he defame anybody, imho, so why the exhaustive rant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was a pretty offensive comment.

A: Sometimes people say things in the heat of the moment they later regret. Bet this would apply to almost everybody.
He's now paying for his indiscretion and it in no way reflects on the opinion or values of the rest of the club.

B: I've not noticed anything untoward in his tackling technique. Surely if every referee of the season thus far also hasn't seen it the prejudice lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Only comment on Mr Hunt is that he's paid his penance for poor choices. No-one was hurt other than himself. Souths and Quades intentions are noble in helping a human being through a tough period.
If you seek you'll find it's naught to do with finals football and no-one else is missing an opportunity.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I thought it was a pretty offensive comment.

A: Sometimes people say things in the heat of the moment they later regret. Bet this would apply to almost everybody.
He's now paying for his indiscretion and it in no way reflects on the opinion or values of the rest of the club.

B: I've not noticed anything untoward in his tackling technique. Surely if every referee of the season thus far also hasn't seen it the prejudice lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Only comment on Mr Hunt is that he's paid his penance for poor choices. No-one was hurt other than himself. Souths and Quades intentions are noble in helping a human being through a tough period.
If you seek you'll find it's naught to do with finals football and no-one else is missing an opportunity.

Sweet but on PointC I believe one more strike and he’s out - had a real crack today in an entertaining but error filled game.

#8 still has issues lifting his arms

Love watching QC (Quade Cooper) if only Brad would forgive him for bagging him when Brad stuffed up a try that cost the Crusaders a win back in 2011

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
We've all had our say now (some more than others) but let's get back to the footy - table after today with the draw at the canal and Bros win at home over Snbk the most notable results.

Table is:
GPS 43
Uni 43
Souths 40
Easts 37
Bond 35
Norhs 23
Wests 23
Bros 21
Snbk 21

Bond are the only side in the top 5 yet to have the second bye with GPS, Uni & Sths all to play each other and GPS also have Easts in last round. Bros finish bye, Norths, Wests.

Status
Not open for further replies.