• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think this is where he is getting his inspiration
crusader-fullwidth-compressed.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's pretty dumb though.

I don't think Sam Whitelock looks particularly professional with his shaggy hair and beard, but who's going to tell him he needs to clean up his image?

Sam+Whitelock+New+Zealand+Cup+Day+V5T1mq0Xvgol.jpg

I agree with Slim's earlier point that there's a difference between having long hair and having a stupid haircut (i.e. Quade early on).

There is truth in managing perceptions and if you are seen as not acting professional enough or serious about your career.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
It's one of those things where if Thorn is getting great results no one questions it, "it's helped create a great team culture etc." but when it's only been an underwhelming season people are more sceptical.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
I tried to not let it get to me, but this has really bugged me. Surely we have bigger fish to fry than have this become a thing?

Is the length of of a players hair really that important? I don't understand how this can impact his game and improvement as a footballer or a being a good person. Maybe if Tate was working in the business sector he may look out of place...

We know the kid can play, that's what got him in there in the first place (with long hair). Can't we just let him (and other players) express himself in whatever way he pleases providing it's not hurtful to others?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
It's going to be a long off-season if we're already discussing players hair lengths before the last game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I tried to not let it get to me, but this has really bugged me. Surely we have bigger fish to fry than have this become a thing?

Is the length of of a players hair really that important? I don't understand how this can impact his game and improvement as a footballer or a being a good person. Maybe if Tate was working in the business sector he may look out of place.

We know the kid can play, that's what got him in there in the first place (with long hair). Can't we just let him (and other players) express himself in whatever way he pleases providing it's not hurtful to others?

I would suggest it is a metaphor on attitude, like Hollaway going to the S&C looking to do extras for the Tahs, attitude is king, buckle down, do the work and demonstrate your want to get there

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
We probably should start at 2019 thread but it looks like Sef is leaving.

looking
509fbaf89b9361b70def467061180dfd.png

We probably should start at 2019 thread but it looks like Sef is leaving.

Bloody shame that.Quality bloke. Lad has been given a rough time in 2018. No wonder he is going !

Have also heard of another couple of senior players (other than the ones already going like Lance and Kane) who will be looking for RELEASES from contracts.

Thorn is not cultivating culture - irrespective of the things he says he seems to be destroying it.

People need to separate the player from the coach. One was very good, the other much less so !

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ehhhh tis a shame - yes he was the '5th' prop, but perfect as such playing both sides. Losing him and Slipper, odds on Thorn promoting an U20 player as the 5th prop (probably EPS)?

Which, if any, U20 Reds props made a good showing for themselves for the AUS U20s?

Status
Not open for further replies.