• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
my guess cartel id'd his penchant for taking the ball static and then just trying to shrug pricks off instead of running onto the ball. He still never runs onto it unless its running off halfbacks shoulder as he snipes from scrum. Cartel told him to correct it, he hasnt, so theyre being stubborn DICKS and choosing journeyman Whitelock and some pine-riding project named Frizzle instead.
It can no longer be his work rate. He slogs his arse off. The walking days are over
If Akira fucks off to Bristol with Luatua cos of Hansen's pigheaded bias I will SWIM back to NZ and perform a one-man coup de etat of NZRFU offices and take an ALMIGHTY fucken dump all over Hansens huge mahogany desk.

Kinda like how Dale Atkins was "too short to be lineout option" & "too greedy from the base of the scrum & ruck" then two years later they pick Buck who was no taller than Dale & Zinzan who had no less white line fever than Dale. Yep, he may as well take the £, € or ¥ at the earliest opportunity. It would serve us right if he ended up walloping some of our blokes playing in a Samoan jumper.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Kinda like how Dale Atkins was "too short to be lineout option" & "too greedy from the base of the scrum & ruck" then two years later they pick Buck who was no taller than Dale & Zinzan who had no less white line fever than Dale. Yep, he may as well take the £, € or ¥ at the earliest opportunity. It would serve us right if he ended up walloping some of our blokes playing in a Samoan jumper.

I must look at things a bit different, I never thought Dale was an All Black, he could cart a ball into contact etc, but never a top player in my opinion. I am still waiting for Akira to absolutely convince me too, though I think he has improved a lot this year.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ Dale may well have not been up to AB standard but we never got to find out 'cos they've never gave him a chance. Can't imagine he'd have been appreciably worse than some of the guys who did get a go. Plus he was a 'nua boy hence would've killed it given the chance :).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well being a Nua boy was main thing he had going for him. Interesting he was teaching at New Plymouth Boys High a few years back, and his bro-in-law (a mate) asked if coached their 1st 15, he said bugger off I was only Maori AB, not high enough qualified to do 1sts:)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
my guess cartel id'd his penchant for taking the ball static and then just trying to shrug pricks off instead of running onto the ball. He still never runs onto it unless its running off halfbacks shoulder as he snipes from scrum. Cartel told him to correct it, he hasnt, so theyre being stubborn DICKS and choosing journeyman Whitelock and some pine-riding project named Frizzle instead.
It can no longer be his work rate. He slogs his arse off. The walking days are over
If Akira fucks off to Bristol with Luatua cos of Hansen's pigheaded bias I will SWIM back to NZ and perform a one-man coup de etat of NZRFU offices and take an ALMIGHTY fucken dump all over Hansens huge mahogany desk.
Mate it's fine, he's gunna move to the 'tahs, do his three years (or whatever) and then play for the Wallabies in the 2023 RWC. You can switch allegiances too.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mate it's fine, he's gunna move to the 'tahs, do his three years (or whatever) and then play for the Wallabies in the 2023 RWC.

baboong9_zpsvbeg3exj.gif

You can switch allegiances too.

baboong1_zpsw48nncvp.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure that forward pack will handle the Chiefs, much as I hate to say it could possibly be Cane's season finale this week.o_O

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Chiefs should start as favourites in my opinion. They’d have to be my next pick to win the comp behind Canterbury.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes: Nehe Milner-Skudder, Julian Savea, Jordie Barrett, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Blade Thomson, Gareth Evans, Brad Shields/Reed Prinsep, Sam Lousi, Michael Fatialofa, Jeff To'omaga-Allen, Ricky Riccitelli, Toby Smith. Reserves: James O'Reilly, Chris Eves, Ben May, Vaea Fifita, Reed Prinsep/Sam Henwood, Jamie Booth, Ihaia West, Wes Goosen/Jonah Lowe.

Chiefs: Solomon Alaimalo, Sean Wainui, Anton Lienert-Brown, Charlie Ngatai (co-c), Shaun Stevenson, Damian McKenzie, Brad Weber, Liam Messam, Sam Cane (co-c), Lachlan Boshier, Michael Allardice, Brodie Retallick, Angus Ta'avao, Nathan Harris, Karl Tu'inukuafe. Reserves: Liam Polwart, Sam Prattley, Jeff Thwaites, Jesse Parete, Mitch Karpik, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Marty McKenzie, Alex Nankivell.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I see it as a dead rubber. Winner should be playing the Crusaders or the Lions in the semi, and be massive underdogs in either. Still, Canes by 15.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Chiefs
1. Karl Tu’inukuafe, 2. Nathan Harris, 3. Angus Ta’avao , 4. Brodie Retallick , 5. Michael Allardice , 6. Lachlan Boshier , 7. Sam Cane , 8. Liam Messam , 9. Brad Weber , 10. Damian McKenzie , 11. Shaun Stevenson , 12. Charlie Ngatai , 13. Anton Lienert-Brown , 14. Sean Wainui, 15. Solomon Alaimalo
Replacements : 16. Liam Polwart , 17. Sam Prattley , 18. Jeff Thwaites, 19. Jesse Parete , 20. Mitch Karpik , 21. Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 22. Marty McKenzie , 23. Alex Nankivell

This should be a cracking match.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Speaking as a one-eyed Cantab, given the option of ranking the other teams in the QF in terms of who I'd least like to play, I'd have the Sharks above the Jags, Lions & (sorry guys) 'tahs. To me they're the non-NZ side best equipped to fuck us up in the forwards & if that happens I'm not sure our backs are good enough as a unit for us to win without all that front-foot ball they're used to.

EDIT: worth remembering these teams haven't met in over two years so as Goodhue was saying on CGW last night the Sharks are a bit of a mystery to the CruSadist players & there's only so much the coaches & analysts can do to prepare them for what the Sharks will bring.