• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Running

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Actually slept through until 6.30am so couldn't muster the effort for a morning run.

Did the 5km just now in 31:45. Still under 6:30/km which is what I'm after. Aura was bad tho, kicking in before 5 minutes and sticking to until about 25 minutes. Distracting, but given the last 2km were at struggle pace (first 2 were under 6:00) I'm becoming more convinced it's related to HR

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Saturday is weigh-in day. Here are the previous weeks:

16/06: 103.4kg - Chest 120cm - Waist 112cm - Hips 112cm
23/06: 101.6kg - Chest 118cm - Waist 111cm - Hips 112cm
30/06: 100.2kg - Chest 117cm - Waist 110cm - Hips 112cm

07/07: 99.4kg - Chest 116 - Waist 109 - Hips 111.

Today: 98.7kg - Chest 115 - Waist 108 - Hips 111

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Screenshot_20180716-063916.png

5km in 32:30

Nippy.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And the aura?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Only a little when I tried to accelerate and get that last km with 5 minutes to go.

I'm experimenting with hydration - had 350ml water immediatelyimmedia I left . Will repeat on Friday to see if it's a thing.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Only a little when I tried to accelerate and get that last km with 5 minutes to go.

I'm experimenting with hydration - had 350ml water immediatelyimmedia I left . Will repeat on Friday to see if it's a thing.

It's a good idea.
Did 6km this arvo in 28.44. When you get the slim hips back, I expect you'll catch me!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It's a good idea.
Did 6km this arvo in 28.44. When you get the slim hips back, I expect you'll catch me!

To be honest, if I get to 90kg and still can't sort out the cause of the aura, I reckon I'll be pressed to do better than 5:00/km.

Think my all-time record for 5km is about 24:40 at peak Pfitzy, so not much room to improve there.

Drop below 90kg too far and my head becomes 20% of my body mass.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Woke 0400 and managed to get back to sleep, but when I woke at 0620 I couldn't be arsed going out. Bit of fatigue setting in as I had trouble getting through some pushups and chinups last night.

Will finish work early and do something this afternoon - maybe sprints to change it up a bit.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Speaking of Auras. Back burning in the hinterland started Wednesday and the smoke has been everywhere ever since. Aura started about 10 mins ago and always means a migraine is coming.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
To be honest, if I get to 90kg and still can't sort out the cause of the aura, I reckon I'll be pressed to do better than 5:00/km.

Think my all-time record for 5km is about 24:40 at peak Pfitzy, so not much room to improve there.

Drop below 90kg too far and my head becomes 20% of my body mass.

3-stone melon!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Run this morning - fucking freezing again - and got 5.2km out in 32:30.

Left knee felt a bit wonky as I was walking into work this morning so need to get back to forefoot striking methinks. Probably guilty of running "on" my legs instead of "with" my legs at this 6-6:30 pace.

I did jump on the scales quickly to check what a lazy weekend of eating (and bushwalking) did - 98.6 so a good basis to kick some arse this week.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Run this morning - fucking freezing again - and got 5.2km out in 32:30.

Left knee felt a bit wonky as I was walking into work this morning so need to get back to forefoot striking methinks. Probably guilty of running "on" my legs instead of "with" my legs at this 6-6:30 pace.

I did jump on the scales quickly to check what a lazy weekend of eating (and bushwalking) did - 98.6 so a good basis to kick some arse this week.

running is an ongoing repetition strain injury