• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So he's on 15 tries for the season. What's the record?

15 (Laumape last year and in the Super 12 era, Roff in 1997 and Gear in 2005).

Ben Lam and George Bridge are on 14 so its unbelievably likely the record will get broken this season.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Personally I don't want to replace "Taqele", I want an upgrade who can tackle, catch, deliver a strong work rate and has jet shoes.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
If you were looking to develop a younger player.

Clements and/or McTaggart, both class acts.

IMO both will make it to Supe sooner than later.

Unfortunately neither have body build of Taqele. Both good finishers and a ton of talent.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Joeys certainly produces some high quality wingers/fullbacks. Clements is quite small though, McTaggart has the speed and agility and is a Tom Banks type player but is a couple off years of yet I would think.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Personally I don't want to replace "Taqele", I want an upgrade who can tackle, catch, deliver a strong work rate and has jet shoes.

sorry, we have him signed for the next couple of years:

Taniela-Tupou-try-assist-v-Hurricanes-gif.gif

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
McTaggart currently has a development contract with the Aussie 7s. Presumably he'll get a gig there for a couple of years. The challenge for every player like him is to add the 10+kg he will need to be a good XVs player without losing his pace.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nope I am going to miss Taquele as on attack he has been superb and offered more positives than negatives and his defence has improved imho. Sure defence still needs a bit of work but I think people are overdoing how much he is a defensive liability.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
McTaggart currently has a development contract with the Aussie 7s. Presumably he'll get a gig there for a couple of years. The challenge for every player like him is to add the 10+kg he will need to be a good XVs player without losing his pace.
I’d be interested to see an analysis of how early the top class wingers made it professionally. I’d say it’s a fair bit younger than most other positions on the park because a lot of the top class wingers and fullbacks like Savea, Ioane, Folau etc. are superb natural athletes that have the build and attributes for it by the time they’re 18-20. Very hard to put 10kg on and not have it affect other parts of your game as a winger whereas for someone like Liam Wright putting on mass over the offseason is only going to aid him as a 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.