• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 Quarter Final NSFW Waratahs vs Otago Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would imagine the 3 highest ranked refs are Gardner, Peyper and Jackson, and regardless whatever so called experts here would say, I only looking at what tests they get on the world stage. I not sure who got canes/chiefs, is it Jackson?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I would imagine the 3 highest ranked refs are Gardner, Peyper and Jackson, and regardless whatever so called experts here would say, I only looking at what tests they get on the world stage. I not sure who got canes/chiefs, is it Jackson?
Forgot about Jackson, I was thinking you meant Nutbrown or O’Keefe.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Hopefully Hooper makes it back this weekend. That would be the only change I'd make if he's available.

Hopefully the poor performance against the Brumbies shakes the Tahs back into focus.

No reason they shouldn't beat the Clan in Sydney. That said, it clearly isn't going to be easy.

I'd bench D.Fitz, that's just me though

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Expecting usual Landers kicking barrage, this time with a gentle 6-iron just in behind Naiyorovoro but NOT the pitching wedge to give FOLAAAUUU enough time to nip in there under it and bail him out...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dibc1naU8AAXtJk.jpg:large

Waratahs will definitely need to get some ascendancy at scrum time and in the tight five as that looks to be where they might have an advantage.

That backline is scary if their forwards get any sort of roll on.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Waratahs to face the Highlanders
1. Tom Robertson
2. Damien Fitzpatrick
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Jed Holloway
5. Rob Simmons
6. Ned Hanigan
7. Will Miller
8. Michael Wells
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Taqele Naiyaravoro
12. Kurtley Beale
13. Curtis Rona
14. Alex Newsome
15. Israel Folau
Reserves
16. Tolu Latu
17. Harry Johnson-Holmes
18. Paddy Ryan
19. Tom Staniforth
20. Brad Wilkin
21. Jake Gordon
22. Cam Clark
23. Bryce Hegarty

Only change for the Tahs is Newsome starting ahead of Cam Clark.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
'lets get ascendancy in the tight five'
'lets bench the Wallabies form hooker'

And no Hooper.

Fuck sake.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders: Ben Smith (co-captain), Waisake Naholo, Rob Thompson, Tei Walden, Tevita Li, Lima Sopoaga, Aaron Smith, Luke Whitelock, James Lentjes, Liam Squire, Jackson Hemopo, Tom Franklin, Tyrel Lomax, Liam Coltman, Daniel Lienert-Brown. Reserves: Ash Dixon (cc), Ask Seiuli, Kalolo Tuiloma, Shannon Frizell, Elliot Dixon, Kayne Hammington, Josh Ioane, Matt Faddes.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
'lets get ascendancy in the tight five'
'lets bench the Wallabies form hooker'

Fuck sake.

Its a Gibson speciality. He loves high workrate, low power forwards. All the power forwards except Kepu are at other Australian franchises.

In some ways I hope we don't make the final against the Crusaders. Despite the game in round 15(?) we will get smashed off the park by their power forwards, it will get totally ugly. We might get through this week but it will get harder and harder the longer we survive. Only a Jaguares win would save us from the travel nightmare.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Its a Gibson speciality. He loves high workrate, low power forwards. All the power forwards except Kepu are at other Australian franchises.

In some ways I hope we don't make the final against the Crusaders. Despite the game in round 15(?) we will get smashed off the park by their power forwards, it will get totally ugly. We might get through this week but it will get harder and harder the longer we survive. Only a Jaguares win would save us from the travel nightmare.

I think Gibson is working with what he has, the Highlanders are somewhat the same in the pigs

Latu has been getting 40 minutes the last few weeks, I still think he can be a penalty magnet early as he goes for the turnover

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think Gibson is working with what he has, the Highlanders are somewhat the same in the pigs

Latu has been getting 40 minutes the last few weeks, I still think he can be a penalty magnet early as he goes for the turnover
Not his fault he's as wide and he is tall and the refs can't tell what part of him is supporting his weight.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not his fault he's as wide and he is tall and the refs can't tell what part of him is supporting his weight.

But it is his fault that he isn't working within the refs rulings. In an argument with a ref the ref wins 99.999% of the time

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
But it is his fault that he isn't working within the refs rulings. In an argument with a ref the ref wins 99.999% of the time
Spose so, bit rough though. Can't do the legal thing because the ref can't tell its legal. He's actually great at pilfering. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.