• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2019

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I have no clue as to whether Samu has the makings of a captain or not, but I'd remind you that Ben Mowen was appointed captain in his first year with the Brumbies. Not altogether unheard of.
Apparently he’s very reserved which is not to say that would preclude him from one day being a very good captain, McCaw was a private guy, but I think it would be harder for him to come in and take over immediately.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
The eldest Brother is a back rower, Ryan obs suffered middle child syndrome and got no food ;)

John_Goodman.jpg

Dinner in the Lonergan family.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I’d love to know why he wants to leave the Reds? Someone over in the Reds thread alluded to a dislike of BT. Perhaps a big money deal?

Also, someone better let Reece Hodge know he’s moving to OC at the Rebels. Article says so, so must be true...

*sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Interesting that Kerevi would lock himself into playing 12 having just made himself first in line for the Wallaby 13 jersey. Anyway Brumbies conference favourites in my mind if true.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
If they can find a creative fullback then that could ease some of the burden.

Banks is not a McKenzie style player but still pretty damn good so they should be fine with him. Those inside balls he picks up off CLL might be more effective if the defence is preoccupied with two freight trains on the outside.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Banks is not a McKenzie style player but still pretty damn good so they should be fine with him. Those inside balls he picks up off CLL might be more effective if the defence is preoccupied with two freight trains on the outside.
Bit one dimensional though.

I'd stick banks in the 14/fullback role, and find a second playmaker for 15.

But eh i doubt you can 'just find' a creative 15 hey.

Maaaaybe Kerevi would be better off going to the tahs? :D

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I’d take Banks over any of the other fullbacks in Oz at the moment. More strings to his bow than some others I could mention.

Interesting Drew Mitchell said that he was impressed with the way Banks fitted in at the Wallaby Camp. A question not of if but when he makes his Wallaby debut.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bit one dimensional though.

I'd stick banks in the 14/fullback role, and find a second playmaker for 15.

But eh i doubt you can 'just find' a creative 15 hey.

Maaaaybe Kerevi would be better off going to the tahs? :D
Muirhead plays our wing fullback role and is more of a play maker. Kervi will fit in fine at 12 we also have Simone who might take 12. If TK starts like last season he might ride the pine..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Didn't think of that. It would be a big blow for Simone if Kerevi comes down and takes the 12 jersey. He's obviously hoping to kick start his career by moving.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Wow didn’t see that one coming if true...but certainly see it working... Samu Kerevi is a great addition to the Brumbies... and a solid centre... Simone’s got plenty to offer too... I can see Simone covering both centre spots... brumbies will have a big backline in 2019 to match a massive pack with world class looses...