• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Joeys can't compete with the sponsorship and fund raising of Scots. They mainly beg for funds. The coaches are paid $25 an hour where Scots now pay $75 an hour to an out sourced company. Anyway, I've started to raise funds.

38747477_1785318654838165_3746210156497600512_n.jpg

Stop Stop Joker, I have just fallen off my chair after only 1 glass of red, normally it takes about 50.

Just "joking", keep going you funny bastard!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
RESULT Summary Joeys v Kings

Games : 28
Wins: 22
Losses: 5
Cancelled: 1
Points scored: 1,004
Points against: 359

The under 15s were the most successful age group winning 7 of the 8 matches played– the only loss was by 8 points in the 15C’s to Waverley 15B XV.

Yes, Waverley should have sent their D's.:p

I really hope the Waves play the Joe boys again next year, in this years 14, 15,and 16 age groups the game would have been very good.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
HB,

Why no C's in their 15s rugby, you mean table tennis!
We all know Kings rugby is alive and well and goes way beyond C's in every age.

Enlighten me wiff why?

Kings only have 4 teams in the 15s and14s age groups. Joeys have 6 and 7 teams respectively, so the games would have been offset to try to create evenly matched fixtures. Usually in these circumstances As play As and Bs play Bs and below that there's a gap.

For example if school 1 goes down to Fs or Gs and school 2 goes to Ds, a Ds v Ds game would be very one-sided. It's better for everyone if the bottom team in the age group plays the opposition's bottom team in the age group.

It's the same this week in the 14s where Newington have more teams than Kings and the Newington 14Cs and 14Es are playing Waverley and Knox

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
HB,

Why no C's in their 15s rugby, you mean table tennis!
We all know Kings rugby is alive and well and goes way beyond C's in every age.

Enlighten me wiff why?
Unless they do have a C team and they played a lower Joeys team.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
hearing scots is more or less full strength with Savala back ... although Gavin remains out

Joeys any changes ... Jet Williams back into Ones ... surely? Armchair or Joker?

Anyways think Jude Gibbs has a blinder and game gets decided in last 2 minutes

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Rugless and Mason were both pretty good last week SDW, do you know who they have dropped to make way for Savala?
Apparently Mason back to 2nds despite his having a blinder. Will be interesting to see the following key match ups:

Savala v Gibbs (10)
Zylstra v Heaven (2)

Harris v Bokenham (8)

Tricks v Scolari (wingers)

Creagh v Rugless (centres)

HeresToRugby

Chris McKivat (8)
hearing scots is more or less full strength with Savala back . although Gavin remains out

Joeys any changes . Jet Williams back into Ones . surely? Armchair or Joker?

Joeys have a few out. The game against Kings was extremely physical and both sides limped off the arena after giving it their all. I hear Kings will have 5 or 6 out and will be trying to get them fit for next week v Scots. Joeys will be battle hardened but sore. Scots will be fresh and hard to beat. Joeys would like a bit more of the rub of the green this week and if they do get it, anything can happen. Do we know who is refereeing this week? Would be great to get the Number 1 if possible for such a big clash. All both sides will ask for is consistency I'm sure.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
hearing scots is more or less full strength with Savala back . although Gavin remains out

Joeys any changes . Jet Williams back into Ones . surely? Armchair or Joker?

Sorry SDW i'm not sure but will aim to post team lists from program if I can find one. I would think Jet Williams will be back due to injury to Second Rower Howse. But cant confirm.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
For those going to Stanmore tomorrow:

This year we have a special initiative we hope you will support. Our Year 7 boys have adopted drought relief as their chosen charity and will be around the grounds with donation buckets. Please give whatever you can. All money raised will go to Buy a Bale to help rural communities devastated by the ongoing drought. The P&F will support this initiative with a donation from the proceeds of the day

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
Am trying. No news yet. Won't be at the game tomorrow due to a family wedding. Looking for Brumbies to send through the excellent score updates. Will be keeping my phone handy. Will update other scores before the 3pm wedding kick off.
Will be there, nice and early, then back in time for start of 2nds. Can’t wait.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Sounds like with Old Boys Day at Northbridge, Back to Newington Day, and the Scots and Joeys blockbuster all the grounds will be packed out so get there early if you’re planning on smashing the canteen. With 24 degrees on the forecast it should be a great day of viewing wherever you are headed.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Sounds like with Old Boys Day at Northbridge, Back to Newington Day, and the Scots and Joeys blockbuster all the grounds will be packed out so get there early if you’re planning on smashing the canteen. With 24 degrees on the forecast it should be a great day of viewing wherever you are headed.

Im pretty certain its also "Back to Scots" day tomorrow to co-incide with 125th Anniversary.
Tickets to Balcony Bar for tomorrow sold out 2 months ago, with over 70 on waitlist.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Tomorrow TAS firsts are playing Kings thirds at 11.30 at Kings. This is the ONLY TAS match so our boys will not have their normal support. It would be nice if some of us could go.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Thank you for your support

I am pleased to share with you, that over $110,000 will be donated to Rural Aid Australia 100% of all funds raised will be donated to support those suffering from this devastating drought.

The compassion and generosity within the College community has been further demonstrated with a donation of $50,000 from the SJC Parents and Friends Association, to assist current Joeys families from drought affected regions. We especially thank and recognize the wider GPS community who got behind this initiative.

God Bless and thank you

r48_0_807_400_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Thank you for your support

I am pleased to share with you, that over $110,000 will be donated to Rural Aid Australia 100% of all funds raised will be donated to support those suffering from this devastating drought.

The compassion and generosity within the College community has been further demonstrated with a donation of $50,000 from the SJC Parents and Friends Association, to assist current Joeys families from drought affected regions. We especially thank and recognize the wider GPS community who got behind this initiative.

God Bless and thank you

r48_0_807_400_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Joker, that is just so fantastic, congrats to both schools and their families.
There are good people in the world.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
For those going to Stanmore tomorrow:

This year we have a special initiative we hope you will support. Our Year 7 boys have adopted drought relief as their chosen charity and will be around the grounds with donation buckets. Please give whatever you can. All money raised will go to Buy a Bale to help rural communities devastated by the ongoing drought. The P&F will support this initiative with a donation from the proceeds of the day
Ditto at Northbridge.