• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 1 - Saturday 18 August 2018 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
NZ getting all the 50/50 decisions which is no real surprise. Great start by the Wallabies on both sides of the ball, Ainsley crumbled in the scrum which lead to first All Black points.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
What should we expect when the hooker is just days back from playing overseas. TPN should nevefr have been in the starting lineup, and perhaps not even on the bench. Where's the combinations we strive to get when a player gets a start who hasn't even been here?
Their lineout has been pretty shit since that comment was made

dru

Tim Horan (67)
What should we expect when the hooker is just days back from playing overseas. TPN should nevefr have been in the starting lineup, and perhaps not even on the bench. Where's the combinations we strive to get when a player gets a start who hasn't even been here?

It's not just our throws though. We had wrong numbers at one point. Lifters havent been good either.

But yes a true throw would help.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Yes agree. BUT I'm glad he wasn't. Rugby is or should be 15 on 15. It was not a big enough transgression for fans to see the game skewed.

Oh same. For consistency's sake though, I don't see how he didn't yellow him. I don't mind yellows, too many Red's these days.

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
BTW the "Hodge at 13 is a weak spot" has not come true.

I think Australia are really missing one of the K's to cart it into the teeth of the defence (or at least fix the defence) on the first phase. They are trying to play the second line of attack off the first phase and without a dominant runner hitting that inside line to put the defence in two minds. Hodge isn't that man. They are getting too easily picked off behind the gain line.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Yes agree. BUT I'm glad he wasn't. Rugby is or should be 15 on 15. It was not a big enough transgression for fans to see the game skewed.
Agree that Rugby is 15-15 but you can take the position that the law should be changed but at the same time agree that the laws should be upheld as they are for consistency during the game.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ainsley is quite poor in the scrum, but they were also poor before he came on. Sadly, Kepu is now past his use by date and should sit on the bench or miss out altogether if Tupou makes it back for the later tests.

Tui has been disappointing. Some good things and some bad, but overall disappointing. DHP ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.