• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Well apparently person hit was brother of the Paisama's girlfriend (sister who did facebook poster!!)

Yes, Hunter's GF is the brother of Rudy (person hit). However, I don't think it was the original poster. Looking at her FB profile, the poster is based in Brisbane.

Not 100% sure, but I think the GF was in the FB screen grabs I posted earlier.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yes, Hunter's GF is the brother of Rudy (person hit). However, I don't think it was the original poster. Looking at her FB profile, the poster is based in Brisbane.

Not 100% sure, but I think the GF was in the FB screen grabs I posted earlier.

Izzy will really be up in arms about this.:):(

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Did anyone get a look at this article:
in the herald sun: melbourne-rebels/dave-wessels-rebels-on-rebuilding-culture-of-rumoured-booze-bender-sessions-and-unprofessionalism/news-story/2c98edb812ed5248ab55d866de842f2e&memtype=registered#command-form
it is behind paywall, so hard to access and I don't have it, but read hard copy - could explain a lot about what goes on in their psyche I suppose and why they were on top of their game at the start of the season before the wheels seemed to fall off for a few (expensive) weeks.
The heading says so much about what the story is about, even without reading the story

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The article mentions rumours of players going out all night on the piss in Richmond after Friday night home games............

A pre-season disrupted by the entire squad attending multiple weddings, with multiple bucks nights...........

Players not fit enough, too many injuries etc.........

Lack of professionalism among the squad.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The article mentions rumours of players going out all night on the piss in Richmond after Friday night home games....

A pre-season disrupted by the entire squad attending multiple weddings, with multiple bucks nights.....

Players not fit enough, too many injuries etc...

Lack of professionalism among the squad.
Fitness was definitely at issue with second half fades.

I expect they are in for a flogging in the off season.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Well unfortunately that was what TT used to try to do - flog them to death after the season to build them up but unfortunately a lot of them suffered soft tissue injuries during that time and in 2016 for example, we had a lot of players out even at the start of the season for that reason.
On the other hand, I agree, they are unfit and by mid season it is very obvious. But is that a result of the 'booze bender' mentality that was going on in the inner sanctum at that time?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So, why didn’t Koroibere punch Mafi?

We were in South Africa, everything is about the rugby over there, for me it was more about my teammates,” Koroibete told Rugby Confidential.

“I care about my teammates so I didn’t want to do anything in anger, it would have looked bad on the club and Australian rugby.

“It’s more about me and my reputation, the reputation of Rebels rugby and I want to be a good role model for kids.

“I think that’s the best way to do it.”

What a positive way to handle a shit situation. I just liked Koroibete a little more after reading that.

(From RugbyCON)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
[We were in South Africa, everything is about the rugby over there, for me it was more about my teammates,” Koroibete told Rugby Confidential.

“I care about my teammates so I didn’t want to do anything in anger, it would have looked bad on the club and Australian rugby.

“It’s more about me and my reputation, the reputation of Rebels rugby and I want to be a good role model for kids.

“I think that’s the best way to do it.”]

Can't hit the like button enough on this one!

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fantastic. Proves you can disagree with the logic of the decision, but you can't disagree with the ethics or legality of it. Sadly RA chose between tearing the heart out of WA or Vic rugby, and I'm happy they didn't chose Vic but unhappy they chose WA.

This is the parameters the conversation really ALWAYS should've had.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
be115a4b36e45f8470998ad49c4bc86d.png
Permanent? Short-term? Anyone? Bueller?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
No idea, I’d suspect short term, although a little disappointing for our nrc campaign. I haven’t spoken to anyone around the club of late so prob won’t be able to find out short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.