• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD TEAMS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Some of them may have legitimately missed out. Others may have opted not to play however.

Interesting idea...

Some might be heading for surgery or football commitments abroad but turning down a NRC gurnsey when offered is crazy

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Looking at that list Veresa was the biggest snub.

Previously linked with Brisbane City and is an absolute try scoring superstar in premier grade ranks

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting idea.

Some might be heading for surgery or football commitments abroad but turning down a NRC gurnsey when offered is crazy

I don’t think it’s big money either. Job commitments may get in the way.

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Here's some interesting numbers, Souths on top with 14 players selected, Norths with only 3 & the surprise for me is Brothers with 8 wtf.... thought Bond, 7 may have had a few more considering their run home, GPS 6?? & as expected UQ 10.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Thanks for the possible team lineups Reg. Country look to be stronger in my eyes. City have a very good front row and will be most interesting to see if QC (Quade Cooper) is able to bring Sorovi along even further in his career. Country backline otherwise is tops, and the backrow is impressive.

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Looking at that list Veresa was the biggest snub.

Previously linked with Brisbane City and is an absolute try scoring superstar in premier grade ranks

https://www.rugby.com.au/players/veresa-mataitini - QLD Country you mean? regardless, the bloke should be 100% with either squad this year. Disappointed for him to say the least.

FYI - I'm almost certain he was not born in 1998 :confused: Don't know where that DOB comes from lol

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Was he available for selection?

There was talk earlier in the season of him heading back to Fiji to spend time with his father (who may have been unwell). In saying that, its come through the grapevine so can't validate that information.

If he was available, I don't know why you'd leave him out of a squad. The bloke is pure speed and a handy talent to have, even coming off the bench against tiring backs in the 2nd half. His try scoring record in Premier Rugby speaks for itself. 113 tries in 100 premier games is outstanding!

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Here's some interesting numbers, Souths on top with 14 players selected, Norths with only 3 & the surprise for me is Brothers with 8 wtf.. thought Bond, 7 may have had a few more considering their run home, GPS 6?? & as expected UQ 10.

Mate what are the numbers if you strip out the Contracted Reds players.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Andrew Ready will receive an early release and head to the ITM Cup for the remainder of the 2018 season.

TBOY

Bob McCowan (2)
Josh Nasser selection as prop in NRC teams appears interesting, not sure of any or much time in the Uni prem grade team over the year, and not involved on the field in the Grand Final for uni.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Josh Nasser selection as prop in NRC teams appears interesting, not sure of any or much time in the Uni prem grade team over the year, and not involved on the field in the Grand Final for uni.

Played a few games off the bench a started (and destroyed Wests). Has been away with Aus20's and has also had an injury interrupted season.

If he had gone on yesterday it would've been his first competitive match for months so mostly just precautionary I would think.
Also the GPS scrum was so dominant that they probably also didn't want to through the kid in the deep end.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Played a few games off the bench a started (and destroyed Wests). .
Destroyed wests? I think you may have been watching a different game

Got to 51 minutes and 1:13:40. Doesn’t look like a bloke destroying wests and in fact looks like a bloke getting destroyed by a scrum that was probably consided one of the weaker scrums

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Destroyed wests? I think you may have been watching a different game

Got to 51 minutes and 1:13:40. Doesn’t look like a bloke destroying wests and in fact looks like a bloke getting destroyed by a scrum that was probably consided one of the weaker scrums

I felt he held his own in the scrums and was awesome around the field (that's more what I meant)

TBOY

Bob McCowan (2)
Played a few games off the bench a started (and destroyed Wests). Has been away with Aus20's and has also had an injury interrupted season.

If he had gone on yesterday it would've been his first competitive match for months so mostly just precautionary I would think.
Also the GPS scrum was so dominant that they probably also didn't want to through the kid in the deep end.

Fascinating video. That all has some very sound logic as to why you would pick him at this stage of his development in a NRC team. The issues run deep in Qld rugby

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So hes good enough for NRC but not good enough to play against GPS? fascinating.

Again you have to work out who exactly was available for selection? Nasser May be last prop standing. I don’t think he’ll play much, if any.

Noting the Brisbane coach is his club coach.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don't think you will see much of the following in NRC for various reasons:

Ready;
Ruan Smith;
Gunn;
Pereze.

Status
Not open for further replies.