• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

front row club

Frank Row (1)
Possible trinity side
1.Leckie (2nd/1st)
2.Hawkes (1st)
3.?
4.Eid (1st)
5.Buchanan (1st)
6.Tosich (1st)
7.Chesterfield (1st)
8. Palesasa (1st)
9. Willoby (16A/1sts run on)
10.Vuki (1sts)
11. ?
12.Ieremia (1sts)
13. Hennessy (1sts)
14. Grimmond (1sts)
15. Layton (2nds/1sts)

Not as far behind as people think. very strong second and back row, all of whom are returning from this year. Strong ball runners in the centres and a nimble 9/10 combination, a side with lots of potential. But yes, they will sorely miss the likes of Lambert, Edmed and Ilias who all made Aus reps as well as Chambers, Yazbeck, Ginis who all made CAS reps, Chambers making NSW 2.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
My first go at a possible Barker 1st XV for 2019.

1 Adrian Brown. (2nd XV,1st XV)
2 Billy Pollard. (1st XV, Aust Schools)
3 Ed Slinn. (2nd XV)
4 Jordan Cameron (1st XV, CAS 2nd XV)
5 Mark Green (16As)
6 Dan Stovold (16As)
7 Nick Russell (CHS 16s, NSW Gen Blue)
8 Hugo Weymouth (2nd XV, 1st XV) My choice for Capt.
9 Jack Breden (2nd XV)
10 Hilton Ovendon (16As, 1st XV)
11 Lucas Vaas (16As)
12 Ben Graham (16As)
13 Dane Wilson (1st XV prop and CAS 2nds prop but played 13 in 2017 in 16As)
14 Kyle Galloway (1st XV, CAS 1st XV)
15 Justus Stals (16As)

Barker will be competitive next year, but no one expects a repeat of this years season.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Possible trinity side
1.Leckie (2nd/1st)
2.Hawkes (1st)
3.?
4.Eid (1st)
5.Buchanan (1st)
6.Tosich (1st)
7.Chesterfield (1st)
8. Palesasa (1st)
9. Willoby (16A/1sts run on)
10.Vuki (1sts)
11. ?
12.Ieremia (1sts)
13. Hennessy (1sts)
14. Grimmond (1sts)
15. Layton (2nds/1sts)

Not as far behind as people think. very strong second and back row, all of whom are returning from this year. Strong ball runners in the centres and a nimble 9/10 combination, a side with lots of potential. But yes, they will sorely miss the likes of Lambert, Edmed and Ilias who all made Aus reps as well as Chambers, Yazbeck, Ginis who all made CAS reps, Chambers making NSW 2.

This is a very strong Trinity side. I rate Hawkes, Palesasa and Ieremia highly.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
This is a very strong Trinity side. I rate Hawkes, Palesasa and Ieremia highly.

Front Row Club,

I am probably wrong but are you saying this year there were 13 Trinity boys who played 1sts this year and are returning next year, according to the team you posted above?

I can't see how when you will lose Edmed,Ilias etc. eg I thought Edmed was the no.10 not Vuki.

If it is correct, then wow Trinity should be extremely strong next year.

front row club

Frank Row (1)
yes unfortunately the team has been plagued with injuries, but on the up side it opened the door for plenty of boys returning next year to gain experience at the highest level

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Tell you what ex Waverley boys tearing up down at Randwick

No one will beat that 1sts colts team

Yes SDW, I was lucky enough to also be there.

That 1sts Randwick colts side is really something, if there aren't a few future Wallabies there, I give up.
To win a semi by 50 is extraordinary.

Running rugby and skill at it's best.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes SDW, I was lucky enough to also be there.

That 1sts Randwick colts side is really something, if there aren't a few future Wallabies there, I give up.
To win a semi by 50 is extraordinary.

Running rugby and skill at it's best.

I don't know WLF lots of good CAS old boy talent up at Gordon.

If they get through Uni today could be an absolute cracker next week.

Knoxdad_89

Bob McCowan (2)
My first go at a possible Barker 1st XV for 2019.

1 Adrian Brown. (2nd XV,1st XV)
2 Billy Pollard. (1st XV, Aust Schools)
3 Ed Slinn. (2nd XV)
4 Jordan Cameron (1st XV, CAS 2nd XV)
5 Mark Green (16As)
6 Dan Stovold (16As)
7 Nick Russell (CHS 16s, NSW Gen Blue)
8 Hugo Weymouth (2nd XV, 1st XV) My choice for Capt.
9 Jack Breden (2nd XV)
10 Hilton Ovendon (16As, 1st XV)
11 Lucas Vaas (16As)
12 Ben Graham (16As)
13 Dane Wilson (1st XV prop and CAS 2nds prop but played 13 in 2017 in 16As)
14 Kyle Galloway (1st XV, CAS 1st XV)
15 Justus Stals (16As)

Barker will be competitive next year, but no one expects a repeat of this years season.
No Mitch wheals ? Justus stals at fullback ? Ben graham at 12 against the likes of LHW from Waverley. Not saying your wrong rod but if that’s what barker will look like in 2019 I can’t see them finishing top 3 in CAS. Predicted ladder
1.Waverley
2.Knox
3.Trinity
4.Cranbrook
5.Barker
6.Aloys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
WLF, I got around to watching Luca moretti highlights... not bad. I hadn’t seen him play league ... so clearly he can tackle.

Altgh in both codes those lifting tackles run a risk of being admonished

Who is going to fill his boots in 2019?

Personally I think Alex o’reilly ... who was at Waverley before being pilfered by brook, is most likely to be 2019s hitman

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
WLF, I got around to watching Luca moretti highlights. not bad. I hadn’t seen him play league . so clearly he can tackle.

Altgh in both codes those lifting tackles run a risk of being admonished

Who is going to fill his boots in 2019?

Personally I think Alex o’reilly . who was at Waverley before being pilfered by brook, is most likely to be 2019s hitman

NOT BAD!

Jeeze you're a hard marker, we haven't had 1 like him who can defend and attack, and terrorize for a long while.

I don't really expect anyone to fill his boots for some time, so I think next years forwards will really have to work hard as a pack.
If they can win enough ball then we will have an electric back line.

Yes Alex O'reilly also caught my eye when we played brook, not sure if he is in Luca's league.

I am hoping we will see Luca next year in the Randwick colts.
You probably know that both Randwick Colts 1s and 2s are in next weeks GF, both undefeated all season, with 12 Waves boys across both teams, most are in the 1s.

Our Waves younger teams are pretty good for the future.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
NOT BAD!

Jeeze you're a hard marker, we haven't had 1 like him who can defend and attack, and terrorize for a long while.

I don't really expect anyone to fill his boots for some time, so I think next years forwards will really have to work hard as a pack.
If they can win enough ball then we will have an electric back line.

Yes Alex O'reilly also caught my eye when we played brook, not sure if he is in Luca's league.

I am hoping we will see Luca next year in the Randwick colts.
You probably know that both Randwick Colts 1s and 2s are in next weeks GF, both undefeated all season, with 12 Waves boys across both teams, most are in the 1s.

Our Waves younger teams are pretty good for the future.

Youve been singing his praises for ages. TBH very over rated discipline will let him down. BTW the boys are a lot bigger and hit a lot harder in colts. Lets see how he goes after 18 rounds. Think the fighting fund should be put away until they prove themselves outside of the highly controlled school environment. A lot of superstars fall by the wayside. Happy to be proven wrong,only time will tell

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Youve been singing his praises for ages. TBH very over rated discipline will let him down. BTW the boys are a lot bigger and hit a lot harder in colts. Lets see how he goes after 18 rounds. Think the fighting fund should be put away until they prove themselves outside of the highly controlled school environment. A lot of superstars fall by the wayside. Happy to be proven wrong,only time will tell

Very true, everything you have said is true but,

I think it's all about identification and timing.

Think you need to be very careful with this idea about proving yourself after 18 months because if you don't attract them initially, as has been seen with many others, the talent is lost.

If he hasn't proven himself, after 3 years in the 1s, Aussie school boys in both codes etc, then not sure what else is needed.
Sometimes decisions need to be made, they don't all make it, but if we don't take the high ground,then let's stop whinging about league stealing our young stars.

Clearly this also applies to others, let's stop holding our breadth.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

I also guess you didn't mean over rated?

If you seriously mean that, then I won't comment on your opinion, but let's see what other non-related people think, put it out there and test the waters.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Having also viewed those highlights, it is now more clear to me where Luca's attributes and skills will be best suited. And it ain't at Randwick Colts.