• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2019

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Better he goes to the Brums than we lose him to Aus rugby altogether, good scenario for all would be Slipper to Rebels (Wallabies get one of their best props starting every week and Rebels scrum improves), Faulkner to Brumbies (great bench option/backup to Sio) and Sa'aga playing backup/learning the ropes behind Slipper.
Dont want Faulkner biggest myth in rugby props how he ever got test caps is beyond me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Faulkner moved back to the Rebels to be closer to his family. He played his junior Rugby here.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Better he goes to the Brums than we lose him to Aus rugby altogether, good scenario for all would be Slipper to Rebels (Wallabies get one of their best props starting every week and Rebels scrum improves), Faulkner to Brumbies (great bench option/backup to Sio) and Sa'aga playing backup/learning the ropes behind Slipper.

Given the choice, I'd take Slipper every day of the month over Faulkner or any of the props on the Rebels' roster. These days it's just not good enough to have one class prop on either side and a 'back-up'. There needs to be almost two identically proficient props on both sides playing at least 30 minutes in each game. And injury cover is paramount for the front row.

I for one will be very happy to see James at the Brumbies if it eventuates.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Given both Sio and Slipper have missed their share of games through injury, I don't think it would be the worst thing to have them both playing in the one team sharing the starting duties.............

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Given both Sio and Slipper have missed their share of games through injury, I don't think it would be the worst thing to have them both playing in the one team sharing the starting duties.....
Yeah our team

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Have updated the first post of this thread with the squad details and links to confirm details.

If anyone spots a discrepancy or has an update (with link) let me know.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/brumbies-2019.18282/

I’m certain Mack Hansen is signed for next year, but the only article I could dig up just mentions Lilo working with him and Hawera next year........... but maybe BJ can confirm?

Also, McCaffrey is apparently being rested from NRC to be right to go next year - again, maybe BJ or someone else can provide more info?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Strong mail. Guess you have a good source for this?

When I look at the Rebel front-row stock, Can't see them needing another LHP. As you say; Faulkner and Sa'aga. THP has Ainsley, Talakai, Pone, and Lorenzo, and Mees. That's a fair few front rowers? T-Bone is in the mix, but talk of him heading to Japan.

Back on brumbies topic; what side did Mees plan, and where does he wantto play?

As an aside, I think you’ll find that Slipper is packing at THP in the NRC. Fitting in as needed to suit the squad.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
STATISTICS

Name: Murray Douglas
Position: Lock / Backrow
DOB: 27/10/1989 (age: 29)
Birthplace: Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Height: 1.98m
Weight: 115kg
School: Balwearie High School, Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Super Rugby Debut: 2017 v Chiefs, Melbourne (Rebels)
Super Rugby Caps: 10
Super Rugby Points: 0

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Strange recruit. We already have Arnold, Carter, and Enever as our first choice locks, and should be looking to develop Swain. Backrow seems pretty full as well, as I expect we'll be seeing some combo of Cusack, Samu, Pocock, and Valetini in the backrow.

I imagine this means we're not making the headway we'd like re: getting an extension for McCaffrey.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Strange recruit. We already have Arnold, Carter, and Enever as our first choice locks, and should be looking to develop Swain. Backrow seems pretty full as well, as I expect we'll be seeing some combo of Cusack, Samu, Pocock, and Valetini in the backrow.

I imagine this means we're not making the headway we'd like re: getting an extension for McCaffrey.

I'm not sure if it would have anything to do with McCaffrey's spot, as Murray would be a direct replacement for Richie Arnold...........

But Murray does seem like a bit of a journeyman, and I doubt he would make the match day squad if those other four are fit.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
With Hyne fit and signed on, I'd imagine he would be our 5th lock option (though primarily a backrower), so I seriously don't understand the signing. But Damien Hill hasn't let us down yet and I choose to have faith.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With Hyne fit and signed on, I'd imagine he would be our 5th lock option (though primarily a backrower), so I seriously don't understand the signing. But Damien Hill hasn't let us down yet and I choose to have faith.

Nah, Murray has been signed as the 5th lock to replace Richie Arnold.............

Hyne could play lock in an emergency, but he's effectively been re-signed to play in the backrow.