• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Usually with a toxic culture, there is an element of unrest. It's not 35 contracted professionals plus train ons etc all VS Thorn. If there are unhappy campers, this is, as I said, an element of the group. There could very well be a toxic culture, depending on who you ask.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just my thoughts on the culture and how the club is going thing. I renewed my membership today and compared to the shit show for the last 4 years, it was a pleasure. Simple process, easy to understand, over and done with in less than 5 minutes.

I just hope that the excellent work they have put in here is being repeated across the organisation. I am on the outside, I hear no gossip other than the shit I read on here. The Reds are re-signing the talent I would've expected given the selection being made this year, maybe the place is going ok?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Just my thoughts on the culture and how the club is going thing. I renewed my membership today and compared to the shit show for the last 4 years, it was a pleasure. Simple process, easy to understand, over and done with in less than 5 minutes.

I just hope that the excellent work they have put in here is being repeated across the organisation. I am on the outside, I hear no gossip other than the shit I read on here. The Reds are re-signing the talent I would've expected given the selection being made this year, maybe the place is going ok?

That’s cheerfully upbeat. I’m not going to mar it.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
That’s cheerfully upbeat. I’m not going to mar it.
To be fair, I am drawing a long, trying to equate a functional membership website with organisational improvement.

This time of year is the most hopeful as far as I am concerned, the Reds could still be anything next year.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
The resigning are positive but could also indicate that the Reds are content with their current team/performance and are not trying to get better players if they are available.

I imagine it is harder to attract a player to move to Brisbane that it is to resign a player who already has a house and family in town.

B

Bobby Sands

The resigning are positive but could also indicate that the Reds are content with their current team/performance and are not trying to get better players if they are available.

I imagine it is harder to attract a player to move to Brisbane that it is to resign a player who already has a house and family in town.

The nucleus of the Reds pack at the moment is the best I can remember (and the bulk of the re-signings). We will do very well just to hold and develop these lads that we currently have with a sprinkling of outside talent.

The backline is a different conversation completely.

B

Bobby Sands

Quality, big love for this post/mentality.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Flying Fijian winger Filipo Daugunu has re-signed for two years, while Aidan Toua, Chris Feauai-Sautia and Alex Mafi have all secured their future at the Reds through 2019.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Correct. I would assume they are all on base contracts. Mafi is a good back up based on last year. Daugunu will be great if the back lines lets him be - a la rocket rod. CFS and Toua i'm worried block the spot of someone who won't inevitably get injured.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I get the CFS, I can still see his potential. Toua to me has hit his peak and is probably providing the same as what some of our younger backs give. That is a confusing one

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Maybe it's potentially learning how to sidestep a bloke rather than always trying to run straight through them?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Well he's 24 and hasn't hit his potential because of his body. I know he's not playing at the moment because they are making a really conscious effort to make him fit and ready before throwing him back onto the park. Remember the guy played for the Wallabies as a teenager. Has bucket loads of potential

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well he's 24 and hasn't hit his potential because of his body. I know he's not playing at the moment because they are making a really conscious effort to make him fit and ready before throwing him back onto the park.

Due to his many injuries he is 3-5 years (possibly more) behind other super rugby players his age in terms of game sense and experience. Put him on the park against semi-amateur and teenagers and his professional athletic training gives him a dominant edge, but when he plays against full time super rugby players he gets outclassed, because they are not only his athletic equals, but they are several years ahead in experience.

At 24 he is well behind where he should be due to his injuries. Even if he is fully fit for the next two seasons, he'll be super green compared to other super rugby players his age. After that he'll be off contract.........

Remember the guy played for the Wallabies as a teenager. Has bucket loads of potential
.........and if he was still a teenager, I would be agreeing with you. But he isn't.

*edit* given his history with injuries it is not a sound decision.

B

Bobby Sands

Kikau who plays for Penrith was spotted by a league scout when touring as a Fijian Schoolboy Union player against the Schoolboys. Was best on ground for Fiji and got converted into a league backrower.

At 1.95 he would be the best tall-backrower in Australia by a mile he if someone spotted him. He is absolutely the most punishing ball running backrower in the NRL currently.

Long story short we need more scouts in Fiji.