• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Congratulations to Nudgee - Premiers 2018.

3rd Place play-off had BBC needing a win over ACGS in order to finish 3rd with them. (2nd XV and 16As footage to come).

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Congratulations to Nudgee - Premiers 2018.

3rd Place play-off had BBC needing a win over ACGS in order to finish 3rd with them. (2nd XV and 16As footage to come).

Thanks again Tashara and good old NC 16A beat TSS to make that a tied TSS BBC premiership - are you able to advise how many players from yesterday’s BBC 1st XV are in Grade 11? And also how many of the 16A are in grade 10 if any?

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thanks again Tashara and good old NC 16A beat TSS to make that a tied TSS BBC premiership - are you able to advise how many players from yesterday’s BBC 1st XV are in Grade 11? And also how many of the 16A are in grade 10 if any?

8 in this week's starting team
4 additional Yr11's (edit: regular starters) either injured or not starting on the weekend
1 regular run-on reserve

So that's 13 returning 1stXV players (2 of which are Year 10)

The 16A's have 4 Yr10s

That's as far as I know. Happy to be corrected though.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Could be record number of player back next year with Terrace, IGS, BBC and State High all having large number of the year 11 (and year 10) boy representing their school in 2018. Hopefully, will improve quality of First XV rugby next year which has been, with exception of NC, inconsistent at best but overall, probably a bit under par.

Very large gap between the top 2 team and the rest. Whilst Grammar got close to TSS & BBC, could not get the win. How did GT put 45 on TSS and not win? How did IGS lead TSS by 20 and not win? Credit to resolve of Southport in both game.

Biggest disappointment - TGS, GT and BBC
Most impressive - NC
Most improve - BGS

Next year, NC and BBC (subject to coaching/selection/who play at #10) probably start favourite but IGS will be in the mix. Cannot see other team challenging these 3 despite TSS sharing first on ladder with BBC in 16A.

Under the pressure of First XV rugby, the key position is #10 and IGS & State High with NC probably have the top 3 in 2019.

GT rugby has a lot of work to do.

Agree on 10 importance but it’s Reesjan and daylight

2 x QLD League Five Eights at BBC with Lukas Ripley playing junior State of Origin ( U16 ) this year and Connor Claridge being a perennial five eight choice in all prior QLD league teams in the age group

Both also have 12 and 15 capacity .

With all respect to Walker ( IGS ) and Jones ( BSHS ) they are not advanced beyond either of these guys notwithstanding all guys have their own individual strengths over the other

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Biggest threat to Reesjan and NC for 2019 is that with his third year in First XV , back to back premierships and Aussie Schoolboys selection behind him , he might get bored.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
So Final Premierships are as follows I believe:

1st XV: Nudgee
2nd XV: Nudgee
16A: TSS, BBC
15A: Nudgee, IGS, State High, TSS
14A: State High
13A: State High, IGS, Churchie
12A: State High, Churchie

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Biggest threat to Reesjan and NC for 2019 is that with his third year in First XV , back to back premierships and Aussie Schoolboys selection behind him , he might get bored.

Hmmm. Maybe

Although I think it will be a bigger challenge for him than his 2 x preceding years

Not as much coming back as what some think - only Vella, Nofoagotoa and Banjo in preferred starting team of this year - an U16 replacement lock and a 2nds replacement Centre

Only 2 -3 from the Seconds that will challenge for starting jerseys - the rest of the 15 spots or so in the squad will need to come from their 16A and 15A teams of this season

Funny to say but experience and depth will be in question and quality of depth will be big impediments at IGS and BSHS

I wouldn’t be slighting TSS ( as some have )

I have :

TSS / BBC equal favourites then
NC
IGS
GT
BSHS
TGS
Churchie
BGS

In that order

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
^ Agree , he will be missed at Churchie next year. Off to Easts as DOR/GM, should make a difference to the colts program there.

Great acquisition. Much needed and hopefully will bring the talent Churchie have this year over and make the colts competition more competitive.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Which of the year 12 cohort are moving on next? If possible could someone put together some sort of graduating list?

I play wing

Chris McKivat (8)

The Engine Room

Ward Prentice (10)
I'd like to also add to that "graduation list" requirement, how many are actually doing an OP and have done Grades 11-12 over the normal two years (and not the 3 years game). That will all change when ATAR starts.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Agree on 10 importance but it’s Reesjan and daylight

2 x QLD League Five Eights at BBC with Lukas Ripley playing junior State of Origin ( U16 ) this year and Connor Claridge being a perennial five eight choice in all prior QLD league teams in the age group

Both also have 12 and 15 capacity .

With all respect to Walker ( IGS ) and Jones ( BSHS ) they are not advanced beyond either of these guys notwithstanding all guys have their own individual strengths over the other

I am not sure I understand the RL 5/8 point? Very different games and half in the League play on only one side/edge.

The BBC coaching team should play Ripley at Fullback in 2019 where his game is most suited.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Hmmm. Maybe

Although I think it will be a bigger challenge for him than his 2 x preceding years

Not as much coming back as what some think - only Vella, Nofoagotoa and Banjo in preferred starting team of this year - an U16 replacement lock and a 2nds replacement Centre

Only 2 -3 from the Seconds that will challenge for starting jerseys - the rest of the 15 spots or so in the squad will need to come from their 16A and 15A teams of this season

Funny to say but experience and depth will be in question and quality of depth will be big impediments at IGS and BSHS

I wouldn’t be slighting TSS ( as some have )

I have :

TSS / BBC equal favourites then
NC
IGS
GT
BSHS
TGS
Churchie
BGS

In that order

GO - please don’t go setting any further false expectations - if the coach doesn’t change then the results won’t either. He has had the cattle to win a premiership in his time , hasn’t happened!!! time for a change...how long will he keep blaming the cattle and not change the culture or have a game plan, lose games then blame the players???