• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Any obvious prospects for 2019 First XV from this years U15 Queensland Gold Cup teams? The Red team is usually the pick of the bunch.

Queensland U15 Red
Name School Club
Bailey Russell Anglican Church Grammar School Easts RUC
Brayden O'Sullivan Emerald SHS Nogoa Redclaws JRUC, Emerald
Cooper MCGeary The Southport School Surfers Paradise JRUC
David Vaihu St Joseph's College Gregory Terrace Sunnybank RUC
Dwayne Ludwick Marist College Ashgrove
Ezra Howe Brisbane SHS
Floyd Aubrey Marist College Ashgrove GPS RUC
Flynn Atkins The Southport School Bond University Pirates JRUC
George Stoddart Anglican Church Grammar School Easts RUC
Harrison Swane St Joseph's Nudgee College Albany Creek JRUC
Jock McPherson Anglican Church Grammar School
John Bryant St Laurences College Souths RUC
Joshua Mongard St Laurences College Souths RUC
Logan Smith Ipswich Grammar School
Malique Douthat-Sjoberg Ipswich Grammar School
Manihi Maurangi Trinity Bay SHS Brothers JRUC, Cairns
Mason Gordon Brisbane Boys College Wests RUC
Matthew Bennett Redcliffe SHS Caboolture JRUC
Nick Baker Marist College, Ashgrove GPS RUC
Noah Hartley Marist College (Emerald) Nogoa Redclaws JRUC, Emerald
Taj Annan Brisbane Boys College
Tanna Wilson Sunshine Coast Grammar School Sunshine Coast Grammar School JRUC
Tyson Stanley** Canterbury College Sunnybank RUC
Vincent Sefo Brisbane SHS
William Cartwright St Joseph's Nudgee College

Queensland U15 White
Name School Club
Albert Dynevor Downlands College South Toowoomba JRUC
Carsen Patu Keebra Park SHS Colleges JRUC
Cian Morris Aquinas College Surfers Paradise JRUC
Conor Postle Downlands College South Toowoomba JRUC
Dante Fruean Ipswich Grammar School Kenmore JRUC
Devin Pule'anga St Joseph's College, Gregory Terrace Easts RUC
Drew Whelan The Cathedral School, Townsville Teachers West JRUC, Townsville
Dylan Hapeta Mountain Creek SHS Caloundra JRUC
Edward Condon Brisbane Boys College Colts JRUC, Rockhampton
Elekana Suavai Trinity Bay SHS Brothers JRUC, Cairns
Flynn Johnson Chanel College, Gladstone Gladstone JRUC
Harry Wells The Southport School
Harry Whitten Marist College Ashgrove GPS RUC
Jesse Tagantanuu St Joseph's Nudgee College
Kaleb Sturgess St Patricks College, Shorncliffe Albany Creek JRUC
Kaleb Winters-Chang Brisbane SHS
Kmani Levi Ignatius Park College Burdekin JRUC
Lachlan Ryan Ignatius Park College Brothers JRUC, Townsville
Max Craig Iona College Easts RUC
Michael Jones St Joseph's Nudgee College Everton Park JRUC
Natiana Winikerei Wavell SHS Norths RUC
Nikolas Mitchell Townsville Grammar School Townsville Grammar JRUC
Noah Fielding AB Patterson College Helensvale JRUC
Raheem Rolfe Bowen SHS
Xavier Stowers Ipswich Grammar School Logan City RUC

Queensland U15 Blue
Name School Club
Alex Miles Miami SHS Surfers Paradise JRUC
Byron Smith St Joseph's Nudgee College Brothers RUC
Charlie Wigan Toowoomba Grammar School USQ Saints JRUC, Toowoomba
Damian Vukovic Brisbane SHS Easts JRUC
Darby Duke Brisbane SHS Sunnybank RUC
Douglas Gemmell Good Shepherd Lutheran College Caloundra JRUC
Ethan Tronc Ipswich Grammar School
Henry Doe Brisbane Boys College Wests JRUC
Jackson Brown Downlands College South Toowoomba JRUC
Jackson Chang Brisbane SHS
James Kininmonth Brisbane Boys College Easts JRUC
Jerry Silli Brisbane SHS Riverside JRUC
Jonathan Van Aswegen St Joseph's College Gregory Terrace
Lachlan Moss St Joseph's Nudgee College
Larzlo Sword Corinda SHS Sunnybank RUC
Louis Chabert The Southport School Surfers Paradise JRUC
Matt Brice Sunshine Coast Grammar School Sunshine Coast Grammar School JRUC
Max Johnson Padua College Albany Creek JRUC
Sam Morris The Southport School
Tony Fuimaono St Joseph's Nudgee College
Will Bailey Toowoomba Grammar School Dalby JRUC
Will Gilmore Scots PGC College, Warwick USQ Saints JRUC, Toowoomba
Willem Pienaar** Downlands College South Toowoomba JRUC
Xavier Collins Keebra Park SHS Colleges JRUC
Zac Hough Brisbane Boys College

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^ Good chance David Vaihu will join his older brother Glen in the backline of GT's First XV next year.

Guessing Larzlo Sword from Corinda SHS is the younger brother of Izzy who started at Churchie this year and played 13 for their Firsts?

If so , good chance he will follow his brother over to East Brisbane.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Ned Hanigan - another example of Waratah bias with Wallaby selections - "Looks like Jane, plays like Jane". Would not have lived against Loane, Shaw and Cornellsen.

Haha. Knew I would get the response as soon as I typed.

Ok - a recent Reds example is Dave McDuling (Riverview 1st VIII - 2006)

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
^ Good chance David Vaihu will join his older brother Glen in the backline of GT's First XV next year.

Guessing Larzlo Sword from Corinda SHS is the younger brother of Izzy who started at Churchie this year and played 13 for their Firsts?

If so , good chance he will follow his brother over to East Brisbane.

Glen was a standout at Riverview this year. Unfortunate not to get a position in the schoolboys squad. If David is anything like his brother, then GT might see the light. GT had a few great players this year with Roach, Kirk, Condon and Vaihu. Without the strength of a solid forward pack you just can’t attack and compete with the likes of the Nudge and TSS. Same goes for Carter Gordon at BBC. The kid was left out in the cold, but boy does he know how to tackle the big boys. Ezra from State High looks alright too. I don’t think he played his best game against our boys but seems to read the game well. A couple of the BBC boys look pretty well drilled. I like a few of the TSS boys, but have no idea who is who in the zoo.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
How many Super Rugby and Wallabies players over the past 10 years played and rowed in Firsts? I’m yet to see Kibble on the paddock for Super rugby.

There is a fine line. Body composition and willingness are the key. I hear BBC want to throw every kid in a boat. Being promised a First XV position if you jump in a boat. Now that’s when injuries occur. Let’s look at how the two top teams do it. Pre-season starts in January and not after rowing season.

RR

The TSS coach would disagree with you.Plenty of Open TSS rugby players row
Any way -this is a rugby forum on rugby-not a stage for you to moan about your son missing out on the 1sts because he couldn't/wouldnt row.You are throwing/spraying some poor accusations out there .

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
RR

The TSS coach would disagree with you.Plenty of Open TSS rugby players row
Any way -this is a rugby forum on rugby-not a stage for you to moan about your son missing out on the 1sts because he couldn't/wouldnt row.You are throwing/spraying some poor accusations out there .
^That is BS. Tell me what State and upcoming Aus reps rowed in First VIII from TSS this year???? At Nudgee we are not made to row and my son was in the Firsts.

TheKillaMan

Frank Row (1)
My Team Of The Season would be
1. Harry Vella
2. Hudson Mulcahy
3. Zane Nonggorr
4. Titi Nofoagatotoa
5. Tom Van Der Schyff
6. Tyrone Metusela-Supaia
7. Will Roach
8. Bailey Tautau/ Reno Gerrard (can decide between them two)
9. Spencer Jeans
10. Reesjan Pasitoa
11. Shayden Stevens
12. Dajarn Asi
13. Josh Flook
14. Jangala Bennett
15. Daniel Atkinson

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
^That is BS. Tell me what State and upcoming Aus reps rowed in First VIII from TSS this year???? At Nudgee we are not made to row and my son was in the Firsts.

Another one for you, Darcy Swain - BBC First VIII 2015 and now plays for the Brumbies. Having been on both sides of the curtain, I am 100% of the opinion that nothing builds fitness and ability to fight injuries like rowing does - there's a reason people are able to keep rowing into their 80's/90's.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
^What BBC does holds no concern. The word on the sideline is that the bad culture at BBC is associated to rugby players being forced to row. I personally saw the emphasis on rowing when my boy went for an interview at the school 5 years ago. When the rugby recruiter is the rowing coach, then you can see how things can be tainted. As stated, body composition and willingness are the key.
Put it this way, a Super rugby player doesn’t continue to row at a high level after school. I just don’t care. Only putting my opinion forward on a forum. Is this a forum?And why does every discussion on this thread revert back to BBC? Too many parents trying to push their kids position in the team?

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not a parent mate, and I get what you're saying.

My issue that I have is that there is too much of this "I only play one sport culture" at BBC, it does absolutely no favours for school morale when boys are helicoptered in to play First XV in year 11 and then don't get themselves involved in any other aspects of the school. I think you'd find that there is a fair few boys who played first XV and were asked to row - and actually enjoyed the social aspect of it! It seems there's a vocal minority who would like to make everyone think it works the other way around.

And completely agree on every discussion reverting back to BBC, I have vested interest in the school and even I get sick of hearing it. Then again, what else would happen in this forum if we didn't have BBC posters?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Not a parent mate, and I get what you're saying.

My issue that I have is that there is too much of this "I only play one sport culture" at BBC, it does absolutely no favours for school morale when boys are helicoptered in to play First XV in year 11 and then don't get themselves involved in any other aspects of the school. I think you'd find that there is a fair few boys who played first XV and were asked to row - and actually enjoyed the social aspect of it! It seems there's a vocal minority who would like to make everyone think it works the other way around.

And completely agree on every discussion reverting back to BBC, I have vested interest in the school and even I get sick of hearing it. Then again, what else would happen in this forum if we didn't have BBC posters?

Agree. The boys should be introduced to a variety of sports. It helps develop them. Just sick of hearing the banter about BBC. If you can’t support your school or the players get out. Simple.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
My Team Of The Season would be
1. Harry Vella
2. Hudson Mulcahy
3. Zane Nonggorr
4. Titi Nofoagatotoa
5. Tom Van Der Schyff
6. Tyrone Metusela-Supaia
7. Will Roach
8. Bailey Tautau/ Reno Gerrard (can decide between them two)
9. Spencer Jeans
10. Reesjan Pasitoa
11. Shayden Stevens
12. Dajarn Asi
13. Josh Flook
14. Jangala Bennett
15. Daniel Atkinson
The entire Nudgee team are deserving of securing top positions. Outstanding team performance this year. Every combination works.

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
The entire Nudgee team are deserving of securing top positions. Outstanding team performance this year. Every combination works.

Personally I would have Parata over Pasitoa. A pity he has been lost to the ARU, recruited by the Crusaders, who have had the odd good #10 in the past and might like what they see.