• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

Les Patterson

Chris McKivat (8)
Did you not see the game on Saturday. Pasitoa outplayed Parata. I do see Pasitoa at 12 in future years.

I watched most of it on the streaming service. Pasitoa may have got the points on Saturday (up for debate) but judging on a season's performance and his similar role for TSS last year (won every game except one when he didn't play) I can see why the Crusaders were interested.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
I watched most of it on the streaming service. Pasitoa may have got the points on Saturday (up for debate) but judging on a season's performance and his similar role for TSS last year (won every game except one when he didn't play) I can see why the Crusaders were interested.

Parata makes my team with Reesjan at 12 over Asi - I believe that 10 12 is much much stronger than either at 10 with Asi not even close - but Reesjan has had the better season at 10 in 2018 imo.

other positions

Front row pick itself

Locks is a three way battle with the two Churchie boys battling to partner VDS - Tito come charging home but he can wait to next year.

Englebrecht and very clear air behind at 6

Roach gets in on class and the most pilfers, but I had hoped for more impact personally (missed a few games as well) maybe not his fault though.

I would have had Tautau at 8 before the weekend by Reno showed what a game changer he can be on Saturday.

Jeans, Flook and Bennet were peerless at 9,13,14

Split hair between Stevens and Banjo for mine i go Banjo

15 is tougher but lets go with Atkinson over the ACGS boy simply because he played better against the better teams.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
At Nationals the combo of Jeans 9, Gordon 10, Pasitoa 12 and Waight 13 were the business. Gordon and Pasitoa were the talk of the titles. Undeniably all Aus reps should be in the top team of 2018.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
At Nationals the combo of Jeans 9, Gordon 10, Pasitoa 12 and Waight 13 were the business. Gordon and Pasitoa were the talk of the titles. Undeniably all Aus reps should be in the top team of 2018.

Until they got rolled by NSW 2 - Carter was a pretty distant 3rd in the local 10 race to be fair.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Parata makes my team with Reesjan at 12 over Asi - I believe that 10 12 is much much stronger than either at 10 with Asi not even close - but Reesjan has had the better season at 10 in 2018 imo.

other positions

Front row pick itself

Locks is a three way battle with the two Churchie boys battling to partner VDS - Tito come charging home but he can wait to next year.

Englebrecht and very clear air behind at 6

Roach gets in on class and the most pilfers, but I had hoped for more impact personally (missed a few games as well) maybe not his fault though.

I would have had Tautau at 8 before the weekend by Reno showed what a game changer he can be on Saturday.

Jeans, Flook and Bennet were peerless at 9,13,14

Split hair between Stevens and Banjo for mine i go Banjo

15 is tougher but lets go with Atkinson over the ACGS boy simply because he played better against the better teams.
Definitely Tautau 8, Jeans 9, Pasitoa 10, Banjo 11 Flook 13, Bennett 14 and Atkinson 15

Rugby follower

Darby Loudon (17)
Gordon has been up and down this season. Pasitoa is my pick for 10. Parata has a good kick but not much more.
Wow that is tough on Parata, he is a wonderful distributor of the ball. He attacks the line with the ball in both hands and feeds his runners, some great sleight of hand in double take’s recent video. Definitely not a powerful runner that Pasitoa is however he has a wide range of excellent skills in his own right.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Wow that is tough on Parata, he is a wonderful distributor of the ball. He attacks the line with the ball in both hands and feeds his runners, some great sleight of hand in double take’s recent video. Definitely not a powerful runner that Pasitoa is however he has a wide range of excellent skills in his own right.
Put Parata, Pasitoa and Gordon behind a strong forward pack and you have 3 talented 10’s. With Parata and Gordon signed we can expect news on Pasitoa soon.

TheKillaMan

Frank Row (1)
Anyone see the back 3 for the doubletake team of the year, defiantly agree with the choice of wingers, Bennet and Stevens, however don't think Jack Bowyer deserved the Fullback position.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Anyone see the back 3 for the doubletake team of the year, defiantly agree with the choice of wingers, Bennet and Stevens, however don't think Jack Bowyer deserved the Fullback position.

Yea some weird selections in the team for mine - Bowyer is a great ball runner but there were a couple of better all round players. Leaving Flook out out is just head shaking stuff.

Opinions and all that I guess.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Gents and lads
A great result for Nudgee this year taking out the premiership trophy and a great result in the GPS Team of the year too. What you need to remember is this team was picked on a few individual outstanding performances within that team over the season rather than the best all rounded skilled player playing in a team. Switching out players into the other teams and creating better combinations is what rep selectors look for. There are a few class players who were not named but will get recognition next year in GPS, NRC and Super. Good luck to all for ‘19.

terry from Townsville

Allen Oxlade (6)
Congratulations to ex state high player Gideon Wrampling and ex ippy grammar player Tiann Taukilupu who will be lining up in the New Zealand Schools upcoming games

Wrampling from St Paul’s Collegiate at 12 and Taukilupu from St Kent’s at 18

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^ First game kicks off today NZ v Tongan Schools , Sunnybank at 2pm.

Aussie Barbarians v NZ Schools and Aussie v Tongan Schools Monday the 1st at Tennyson, with the reverse order at Ballymore the Sat the 6th.

Touring squad to UK announced on the 7th Oct , good luck to all!

melomvp

Allen Oxlade (6)
Team of the season 2018

1. Harry Vella
2. Nesta Mahina
3. Zane Nongorr
4. Will Chaffey
5. Tom Van Der Schyff
6. Matt Englebrecht
7. Will Roach
8. Bailey Tautau
9. Spencer Jeans
10. Campbell Parata
11. Xavier Savage
12. Reesjan Pasitoa
13. Ronan Kapi
14. Jangala Bennett
15. Jack Bowyer

I would have loved to have seen Parata play Australian schoolboys with pasitoa at inside centre

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
Anyone know the team list for the QLD u16's?

QLD RED 53 def ACT 5

1. Linston Tuimavave (BSHS)
2. Jake Tierney (BBC)
3. Tane Pardoe (TGS)
4. Will Markham (Iona)
5. George Gibson (BBC)
6. Jack Kelly (BBC)
7. Wian Joubert (BSHS)
8. Titi Nofoagatotoa (NC)
9. Kalani Thomas (IGS)
10. Sam Walker (IGS)
11. Jojo Fifita (TSS)
12. Christian Krause (IGS)
13. Jack Howarth (BBC)
14. Trezman Banjo (NC)
15. Lukas Ripley (BBC)

16. Harry Vousty (TSS)
17. Emerson Treasure (GT)
18?. Michael Van Der Schyff (TSS)
20. Charlie Condon (GT)
21. Will Stevens (BBC)
22. Quinn Siolo (GT)
23. Keegan Vandenburg (GT)
24. Larson Dale-Doyle (Emmaus College, Rocky)
25. Sione Tapuosi (NC) - injured

May have been a few changes with numbers, but that's what I can gather.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
QLD White 50 def WA 0

1. Johna Luka (NC)
2. Aidan King (ACGS)
3. Lachlan Pheely (BGS)
4. Hamish Muller (TGS)
5. Xavier Boyle (GT)
6. Cooper Elliot (SCG)
7. Kai Johnstone (BSHS)
8. Keenan Timu (Marsden SHS)
9. Samuel Farrar (ACGS)
10. Moses Jones (BSHS)
11. Zech Taufao
12. Syris Schmidt (TSS)
13. Sam Silli (BSHS)
14. Athen Waia-McGuiggan (NC)
15. Baxter Franey (TGS)

16. James Peirce (BGS)
17. Gus Dilman (GT)
18. Ryan Holden (StED)
19. Tom Duke (BSHS)
20. Tevita Mapa(NC)
21. Denver Taylor (BSHS)
22. Kaleb Nganamu (TSS)
24. Angus Mackey (NC)
25. Taelyn Nukunuku (StPats)

(as per Match Program)

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
QLD RED 53 def ACT 5

1. Linston Tuimavave (BSHS)
2. Jake Tierney (BBC)
3. Tane Pardoe (TGS)
4. Will Markham (Iona)
5. George Gibson (BBC)
6. Jack Kelly (BBC)
7. Wian Joubert (BSHS)
8. Titi Nofoagatotoa (NC)
9. Kalani Thomas (IGS)
10. Sam Walker (IGS)
11. Jojo Fifita (TSS)
12. Christian Krause (IGS)
13. Jack Howarth (BBC)
14. Trezman Banjo (NC)
15. Lukas Ripley (BBC)

16. Harry Vousty (TSS)
17. Emerson Treasure (GT)
18?. Michael Van Der Schyff (TSS)
20. Charlie Condon (GT)
21. Will Stevens (BBC)
22. Quinn Siolo (GT)
23. Keegan Vandenburg (GT)
24. Larson Dale-Doyle (Emmaus College, Rocky)
25. Sione Tapuosi (NC) - injured

May have been a few changes with numbers, but that's what I can gather.
Strong representation from BBC here. Did Gibson get a run in 1st XV this year?