• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wobblies v pumas - is Salta at altitude edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
The main problem with this game as it puts paper mache on major structural damage. The wallabies have the props to be easily in the top 4 teams in the world. As in never lose to anyone ranked 5th or below. This is one good half since this year started.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm going to repeat myself - what you want fr4om any player is the core duties to the role covered. For 10 (for me anyway) core duties are game management and playmaking. Did you note that D was not on that short list? Yes D in anyone, including a 10 is a good thing. Just not at the compromise of the core role.

And in the mean time who trackled well in the first half? 19 missed tackles at that point wasn't there?

I don't like Foley, but complaining about his D in that first half is kind of rubbish.

Our defensive system was shot in the first half, but those two tackles and subsequent tries I'm referring to weren't because of the defensive system, they're down to Foley's poor technique.

Another try came from a lucky intercept on the wing against the run of play and their fourth try was a good offload in contact which turned 5 of our guys inside out.

If I can't critique his shit defence when it led to two tries just because the rest of the team was terrible too, then when can I? Do I have to wait for a game where everyone is good bar him? I'll be waiting for a while.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Larkham and Grey will still go, im guessing (hoping).
I think Grey and Raiwalui. You cannot win without front foot ball and possession. That forward revival in the second stanza came from the players despite what they are being coached.
It’s a shame that Latu is prone to the grubby hit. He’s a great player besides that.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
the only 10 in the Championship who can defend, and is otherwise good at all his other roles, is Sanchez. He's good at just about everything.

We were very lucky he went off - without his unfortunate injury I fear our comeback may have fallen short and this forum would be a much darker place right now..
He is a very important player for the argies and they missed him a lot.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You shouldn’t read too much into these things, but I love Pocock’s expression in this photo..........

iHWHrG6.jpg

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
Perspective please... I would like to remind all that the first half happened, it was less than poor against the 9th team in the world scoring the most points they have ever on a match against the Wallabies...

I saw on coach box camera that when the final whistle was blown Cheika standing next to Larkham didn’t congratulate each other.. There was no coaching team celebration in the box and no eye contact at that every moment... not a good sign... Cheika isn’t helping build a team anymore sand will attract only poor media stories about the Wallabies coming into the WC year... pith gor Australian rugby... Castle needs to cut him... Larkham at least has the experience in WC tournament...

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I saw on coach box camera that when the final whistle was blown Cheika standing next to Larkham didn’t congratulate each other.. There was no coaching team celebration in the box and no eye contact at that every moment. not a good sign. Cheika isn’t helping build a team anymore sand will attract only poor media stories about the Wallabies coming into the WC year. pith gor Australian rugby. Castle needs to cut him. Larkham at least has the experience in WC tournament.
They probably celebrated when the Argies threw the lineout crooked like everyone else

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I've been critical of Rodda's performances in gold this RC but I thought he was very good today. The running game he showed in Super seemed to have come to life and he was a presence in defence around the ground.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Perspective please. I would like to remind all that the first half happened, it was less than poor against the 9th team in the world scoring the most points they have ever on a match against the Wallabies.

I saw on coach box camera that when the final whistle was blown Cheika standing next to Larkham didn’t congratulate each other.. There was no coaching team celebration in the box and no eye contact at that every moment. not a good sign. Cheika isn’t helping build a team anymore sand will attract only poor media stories about the Wallabies coming into the WC year. pith gor Australian rugby. Castle needs to cut him. Larkham at least has the experience in WC tournament.
Why? Why would you like to do this? that's just rude.

Rumour is that both assistants are destined for the sack. Maybe they know?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I was a little surprised that Banks and Timu didn't get a run. I thought Banks on for Koroibete would have been a sound call. I acknowledge Hanigan was ok, but giving Timu a run for the last 10 at least would have been worth while surely? Look, we won so the result was there, but it's a little surprising I reckon.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I was a little surprised that Banks and Timu didn't get a run. I thought Banks on for Koroibete would have been a sound call. I acknowledge Hanigan was ok, but giving Timu a run for the last 10 at least would have been worth while surely? Look, we won so the result was there, but it's a little surprising I reckon.

Not a little.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Interestingly Beale had 5 tackles and 0 misses. While Genia missed 6 and Hodge 4. Koroibete made 7 and missed 2 but I thought, on the whole, his defence was much improved today and he shut down quite a few half breaks in the first half when the Pumas were running rampant.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I'd imagine a few supporters are re-sheathing their swords.
Not me, there was plenty to be upset at, the Pumas are a good team but the issues in the first half would not be overcome against NZ,SA,ENG and WAL.

If you can look for positives in a loss then you can equally look for negatives in a win.

There are still issues, the only positive I see is that we are probably playing good enough to go better at the world cup than our ranking, would could easily come 5th or 6th.

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
Why? Why would you like to do this? that's just rude.

Rumour is that both assistants are destined for the sack. Maybe they know?

All the discussion Has been around the rumour that Castle and the board will stand down the head coach...

Status
Not open for further replies.