• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Bad experience this year?

I don't know how accurate it is but because the Sea Eagle don't pay for exclusive use, the place is an unofficial dog park for the locals, players have been said to not enjoy being tackled there at times

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't know how accurate it is but because the Sea Eagle don't pay for exclusive use, the place is an unofficial dog park for the locals, players have been said to not enjoy being tackled there at times

Hah! I thought you were talking about in the streets surrounding. I didn't realise you meant on the field!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I honestly think we are kidding ourselves to think that any Australian team deserved to be in the Super finals. I'll leave alone now though - it is the Waratahs thread after all.

All the best going forward into 2019 guys.

Deserved? Well they got most points and "8" is the only logical format with structure,

What I really like was the way so many of the tries were created with great hands and catch & pass support play - real team tries - that is what I was happy about in the year

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I really enjoyed the way the Waratahs created gaps in their opponents' defensive lines, and also made overlaps, and how quickly they exploited them. Only the Crusaders did that better this season, and it was down to the execution of fundamental skills by guys like Gordon, Foley, Beale, and Rona. Your loose forwards also did a good job supporting the backs out wide, and your locks were quick to get there as the second wave of support.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wikipedia being ruthless on Simmons
Screenshot_20181022-155049.png

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
I went to Brookvale Oval for the Blues game.
Ground entrance inspectors confiscated my Smith Crisps. My SMITHS CRISPS!!!
No approved sponsors product apparently.
And we lost. Not a good night.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I have to tip my hat to the Tahs for what they are doing next season.

They would have been under a fair bit of pressure to hold every game at the SCG, save for a token one against South African opposition at W Syd or Newcastle.

But I'm genuinely looking forward to heading out to Parramatta, and maybe Brookie as well. It could give the fanbase a real shot in the arm in those areas.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Agreed Baabaa. I reckon it’s a terrific approach. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah the CEO seems quite sensible, a sensible, lower cost training centre, gone are the stupid marque signings and the turning the negative of losing our home ground into a positive

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Yeah the CEO seems quite sensible, a sensible, lower cost training centre, gone are the stupid marque signings and the turning the negative of losing our home ground into a positive

As opposed to the chairman who said in April 2016:
Pressed as to whether he was saying a move to Western Sydney “would spell disaster” for the Waratahs, Davis said: “Yep. That would be my expectation. Given where our fans are based, where our loyalty lies, where our training facilities are, where our office facilities are, it would be a bridge too far.”
Guess he changed his mind

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
.....and Davis went to King's. Has he forgotten where the King's school grounds are?

WESTERN FUCKING SYDNEY, ROGER. IN WESTERN SYDNEY........

Status
Not open for further replies.