• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I 100% think that's a Thorn decision.

But 100% agree it should happen. They need to be bending over backwards to re-engage with fans, which is something Link pushed back when he started.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I sent the Reds a note saying that they should take cues from the AFL teams on producing off season content very regularly.

They told me the cameras were a distraction.

RIP Rugby.

Absolutely unbelievable, any half decent marketing department would be ambarressed by that excuse. What does that department do for 6 months of the year? Just sit around and get paid for doing jack shit

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Absolutely unbelievable, any half decent marketing department would be ambarressed by that excuse. What does that department do for 6 months of the year? Just sit around and get paid for doing jack shit

you may be overstating things a little

B

Bobby Sands

I live in Melbourne and go for Richmond, they have content across Instagram and facebook every day.

Rugby has no chance in this country, they don't even want to compete.

Lie down and play dead.

B

Bobby Sands

I wonder, considering the current Broncos bloodletting if Peter Ryan will still be required at the Broncos.

Peter Gentle who was the Bunnies defense coach has made the move north, maybe he will switch hats, who knows.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I think the “too much distraction” is code for “we don’t have AFL budget”

I’d love more Reds content but certainly not at the expense of the increased grass roots stuff.

There’s one guy Sauce who does most of the filming. There’s one production company #doubletake sports

He/they are stretched pretty thin with commitments across Qld rugby But they deliver each week.

Content is great IMO. I’m certainly not complaining considering where we have come from. 2-3 years ago every game wasn’t streamed live and they didn’t have a weekly YouTube segment for club rugby.

Some want to demand more... let me tip my hat to the QRU as a whole. The video content they provide has helped a lot of grassroots supporters in all 4 corners of the globe stay in touch with Australia’s premier 3rd Tier comp.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
I live in Melbourne and go for Richmond, they have content across Instagram and facebook every day.

Rugby has no chance in this country, they don't even want to compete.

Lie down and play dead.
Similarly, I live in Melbourne and get daily notices from melbourne demons as well as loads of fan engagement opportunities .

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
There's been a weekly YouTube for club rugby for ages... Pretty sure it started in 2010 (or possibly earlier, it's so long ago) with their "premier rugby wrap" which featured all the results, select highlights from match of the round and the upcoming week's games (and ladder context).

But yeah, the streaming of the games is something extra and greatly appreciated. Kudos to those involved in making that happen.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
There's been a weekly YouTube for club rugby for ages. Pretty sure it started in 2010 (or possibly earlier, it's so long ago) with their "premier rugby wrap" which featured all the results, select highlights from match of the round and the upcoming week's games (and ladder context).

But yeah, the streaming of the games is something extra and greatly appreciated. Kudos to those involved in making that happen.
In the off season?

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I think the “too much distraction” is code for “we don’t have AFL budget”

I’d love more Reds content but certainly not at the expense of the increased grass roots stuff.

There’s one guy Sauce who does most of the filming. There’s one production company #doubletake sports

He/they are stretched pretty thin with commitments across Qld rugby But they deliver each week.

Content is great IMO. I’m certainly not complaining considering where we have come from. 2-3 years ago every game wasn’t streamed live and they didn’t have a weekly YouTube segment for club rugby.

Some want to demand more. let me tip my hat to the QRU as a whole. The video content they provide has helped a lot of grassroots supporters in all 4 corners of the globe stay in touch with Australia’s premier 3rd Tier comp.

They shouldn’t need more budget though, their filming shouldn’t be outsourced that should all be done in house.

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sorry but regardless of their budget the young Reds are not marketable material.... yet.. hence the membership numbers will be at an all time low. I asked my 7 year old rugby playing nephew "which Reds players are your favorites" his response " Brad Thorn, Cooper & the blonde halfback.. he was quite surprised that Brad wasn't a player & the blonde player was only 12 years older than he. Unless he had a phone with FB or Insta account he wouldn't know a thing about his favorite rugby team.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
We got Thorns "Believer" video to keep us going over the summer. I am fine with that if the players are getting as psyched up as I do after watching it. Concrete walls around my work full or me shaped holes in them right now.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Guys with respect to staff - we just do not have the money to have blokes rolling around uploading random shit to instagram. Worth noting the AFL mandates huge amounts of staff at clubs and also pays for it. THe reason, they are rich and we are not.

Attachments

• staff.jpg
    staff.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 158

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

You'd have to be careful on what shit is being uploaded. It would have to stay professional and not degenerate into a game where unprofessional looking rubbish is being spewed onto the web. It would take a fair bit of thought and coordination to make "easy" looking social media that stays on brand.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
What impact does constantly uploading stuff to instagram really have anyway? Personally I’m trying to get off the platform because it’s full of sycophantic wantrepeneurs

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
You'd have to be careful on what shit is being uploaded. It would have to stay professional and not degenerate into a game where unprofessional looking rubbish is being spewed onto the web. It would take a fair bit of thought and coordination to make "easy" looking social media that stays on brand.

For sure, but they should “fingers crossed” have a social media plan for at least the next 6 months with the bones of what should be posted each day and then slots to fill in stuff as ideas/unforeseen things happen.

When I say easy there is a decent amount of planning that goes into it but once that’s done and out of the way the actual execution is actually pretty fun