• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2019

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
With the decision by RA and Cheika to rest the Wallaby stars through Super Rugby, I'm concerned at the Brumbies depth in the front row. Whilst Slipper and L-Makin are excellent, I'm worried about bringing on Ross (particularly) or Fifita late in games. They got it handed to them in the NRC and probably one of the main reasons the Vikings didn't make the final.

If there are injuries are well as planned rest then it's even more problematic.

Last season it was a different story with Benny A, L-Makin, Mayhew, Erasmus and Sione providing ample depth.

Brumbies should have the others (Pocock, Arnold and possibly TK) sufficiently covered.
It’s pretty much like that for all Australian teams in the front row ie Good starters but then a big drop off. I think the Brumbies are better off than the others

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah but coverage of wallabies will be key.

Ruru for Genia is good.

Slipper for Sio.

Miller for Hooper?

Who for Izzy and Beale??

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
You blokes just signed a schoolboy superstar from QLD.

Fairly envious to be honest, but better than him ending up in league.

Will be a good one.

There are lots of talented 10s on the books actually already with Bayley Kuenzle, Tom Wright, Noah Lolesio (mainly a 12) and Will Goddard (academy). Suspect the Brumbies will spend the year determining who can step-up into the matchday squad in 2020 with one or both of Lealiifano or Hawera to move on.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You blokes just signed a schoolboy superstar from QLD.

Fairly envious to be honest, but better than him ending up in league.

Will be a good one.
Yeh for me this fighting fund with private doner funding included been great initiative as got to be able to retain our young schoolboy stars and stop league’s open poaching of our talent to give our pro game some Chance.

G

GingerBreadCrab

There are lots of talented 10s on the books actually already with Bayley Kuenzle, Tom Wright, Noah Lolesio (mainly a 12) and Will Goddard (academy). Suspect the Brumbies will spend the year determining who can step-up into the matchday squad in 2020 with one or both of Lealiifano or Hawera to move on.
He’s better than all of them.

B

Bobby Sands

He’s better than all of them.

Yep, I would agree.

To flyhalf a Nudgee team to a premiership in year 10 is pretty rare but to then flyhalf an undefeated Australian schools tour at 16 (they lost to an academy not an U18s side) and be pretty dominant is another thing entirely.

Interesting player; very good defensively, is a run-first 10 that can also distribute and kicks goals and in general play.

Fairly strange how we could have possibly let you get him to be honest, especially when we already lost another school leaving 10 to the Crusaders this year.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Confirmed that Rory Arnold off to Toulouse after 2019.

Will join up with Richie for a short stint

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Mate it is not Cheika fault Arnold can't run a lineout.

Cheika claims to be a coach sufficiently talented to run the Wallabies. He has more than a simple touch of culpability as to the effectiveness of our line out. He has also, in the fullness of his tenure, had more than enough time to have addressed l/o calling with someone like Arnold. Had it interested him.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Cheika claims to be a coach sufficiently talented to run the Wallabies. He has more than a simple touch of culpability as to the effectiveness of our line out. He has also, in the fullness of his tenure, had more than enough time to have addressed l/o calling with someone like Arnold. Had it interested him.

Surely the Brumbies coaching staff are more culpable.