• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Surely with this team the Waratahs are a chance at winning the comp:
15. Israel Folau
14. Curtis Rona
13. Karmichael Hunt
12. Kurtley Beale
11. Cameron Clark
10. Bernard Foley
9. Jake Gordon
8. Jack Dempsey
7. Michael Hooper
6. Ned Hanigan
5. Jed Holloway
4. Rob Simmons
3. Sekope Kepu
2. Tolu Latu
1. Tom Robertson (once back from injury)
RESERVES
16. Damien Fitzpatrick
17. Shambeckler Vui
18. Harry Johnson-Holmes
19. Le Roux Roets
20. Michael Wells
21. Nick Phipps
22. Mack Mason
23. John Folau

Depth will be the underlying factor

southsider

Arch Winning (36)

Yea our depth is not good at all, even our bench is pretty damn slim

It’s anyone’s guess who will top the Aus conference, rebels have the depth but may not have the team cohesion, reds have the coaching set-up but undetermined if they have the cattle, tahs have star power and combinations but not great depth brumbies are similar just less start power but slightly more depth

I think only the rebels have the ability to win the comp but a lot of factors have to go their way

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
15. Israel Folau
14. Curtis Rona
13. Karmichael Hunt
12. Kurtley Beale
11. Cameron Clark
10. Bernard Foley
9. Jake Gordon
8. Jack Dempsey
7. Michael Hooper
6. Ned Hanigan
5. Jed Holloway
4. Rob Simmons
3. Sekope Kepu
2. Tolu Latu
RESERVES
16. Damien Fitzpatrick
17. Shambeckler Vui
18. Harry Johnson-Holmes
19. Le Roux Roets
20. Michael Wells
21. Nick Phipps
22. Mack Mason
23. John Folau

15. Israel Folau
14. Curtis Rona
13. Karmichael Hunt
12. Kurtley Beale
11. Cameron Clark
10. Bernard Foley
9. Jake Gordon
8. Jack Dempsey
7. Michael Hooper
6. Ned Hanigan
5. Jed Holloway
4. Rob Simmons
3. Sekope Kepu
2. Tolu Latu
RESERVES
16. Damien Fitzpatrick
17. Shambeckler Vui
18. Harry Johnson-Holmes
19. Le Roux Roets
20. Michael Wells
21. Nick Phipps
22. Mack Mason
23. John Folau

i think Newsome will be in the 23. Haven’t seen John Folau too much so reserve judgment. Don’t know if Mason covers enough positions to be on the bench. Is Folketi still on the books? Roets another unknown quantity and Vui and Johnson-Holmes switched over. With Robertson injured I assume HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) starts and Cody Walker on the bench until Tom is fit

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)

15. Israel Folau

14. Curtis Rona

13. Karmichael Hunt

12. Kurtley Beale

11. Cameron Clark

10. Bernard Foley

9. Jake Gordon

8. Jack Dempsey

7. Michael Hooper

6. Ned Hanigan

5. Jed Holloway

4. Rob Simmons

3. Sekope Kepu

2. Tolu Latu

RESERVES

16. Damien Fitzpatrick

17. Shambeckler Vui

18. Harry Johnson-Holmes

19. Le Roux Roets

20. Michael Wells

21. Nick Phipps

22. Mack Mason

23. John Folau

Has Le Roux Roets actually signed??

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Remember they consider themselves a news service. They report gossip plenty of times. It’s not gospel (much like what I posted)

Yep, and this is what they reported back then..........

RUGBY.com.au can reveal a deal between NSW and Hunt is imminent, with the 32-year-old dual international last week telling family, friends and Reds teammates he will be wearing sky blue in February.

Paperwork is still being finalised but is expected to be signed off before Christmas.

No confirmed signing as yet.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That’s disappointing. Was hopeful the bloke might get a chance to have a chance at making a 23.
I am more sold on hunt than Hore at this point. Personally wish Hore would piss off back to nz as not confident he is right person to turn around the chaos that is nsw rugby and events over the last two years only reinforced that to me.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
John Folau?????

I guess there is a chance I could be proved wrong and he maybe a roaring succes but the guy did not play Shute Shield, not sure he even started a NRC game, remember him coming of the bench.

For rugby to succeed it needs to be professional, act professionally and behave professionally.

Running it like a closed club or secret society and someone deserves a contract because they are related to a key player. This is the sort of stuff that destroys public confidence in your organisation just ask political parties. Also would NZ rugby do this?

Slim I don’t just see it a as Brumbies/Canberra thing it infects the Waratahs also.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Folau seems to have been a fairly promising league junior. I do not have an opinion one way or the other, except to say that we are not exactly replete with strong attacking wingers.

Is there any proof that he has a contract because he is "related to a key player?" It might be worth bearing in mind that the coaching staff will be judged on results, as will the playing group. Why on earth would somebody like Gibson accept a player that he does not want?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Any talk of JOC (James O'Connor)? I know he is keen to come home to Aust. Might have burned his bridges in QLD/VIC.

Say what you want about him as a bloke but he still has the quality to make any Australian Super Rugby team better.

Status
Not open for further replies.