• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Rebels announce final squad.
Screenshot_20190208-201022_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20190208-201126_Twitter.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Can't imagine that at least 2 or 3 of the trialists won't be sticking around in some sort of supplementary role. Squad feels quite light on backs, especially with To'omua still in England potentially right up until the start of June and our Wallabies needing to be rotated.

I would be particularly surprised if Stu Dunbar wasn't kept around in some capacity, given both his performances in the trials and with Hodge and Maddocks being the non-Quade options at 10 until To'omua gets here.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Can't imagine that at least 2 or 3 of the trialists won't be sticking around in some sort of supplementary role. Squad feels quite light on backs, especially with To'omua still in England potentially right up until the start of June and our Wallabies needing to be rotated.

I would be particularly surprised if Stu Dunbar wasn't kept around in some capacity, given both his performances in the trials and with Hodge and Maddocks being the non-Quade options at 10 until To'omua gets here.

Highlander35 I agree re us being light on for number 10s.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Dunbar, Archie King, Kemu Valetini, Tayler Adams were all there at some stages throughout PS.

Possibly others as well.

I know that Adams has signed for Eastwood (Shute Shield), would assume King (Easts) & Dunbar (Uni) would return there and then Kemu would be the fallback seeing as he is a local?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
No question most of the trialists will probably still be playing the club stuff up in Sydney. But there's 7 rounds of Super Rugby before Club Rugby starts over there. Depending on injuries and required rotations, I can't imagine there's too much rush for either side to part ways before then, at least for 2 or 3 of the non locals, real life obligations not withstanding.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Vanzati, Lloyd, Hoopert are all LHP’s as well. Maybe pinching someone from NZ would be ideal (ITM Cup experience) but the boat has probably sailed on that one by now

Vanzati, Lloyd, Hoopert are all LHP’s as well. Maybe pinching someone from NZ would be ideal (ITM Cup experience) but the boat has probably sailed on that one by now

Hey mods, feel free to delete this - a different kind of bot.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

Both Beaudein Waaka and Tautalatasi Tasi are listed on the Rebels website, Players page. So there's a couple of trialists sticking around. Supplementary squad I presume?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Just had a proper look at the fixture list to see what games I can attend. It ain't the most friendly schedule is it? What are everyone else's opinions? We don't play the Blues which is a shame and we also don't play the Jaguares which could be a blessing. I know it's been the same for a while but it seems like we're constantly getting fewer and fewer home games.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^Fewer home games? We have 8, same as last year.

Would like at least one Saturday game, makes it hard to bring kids along to watch.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Jack Maddocks is scheduled to be on Macquarie Sports Radio Breakfast with Mark Levy and Mark Riddell at 8:10am EDT. Macquarie Sports Radio is 1278am Melbourne, 954am Sydney, 882am Brisbane or DAB+ Perth.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Team announcement strong starting line up!!!
  1. Tetera Faulkner
  2. Anaru Rangi
  3. Jermaine Ainsley
  4. Luke Jones
  5. Matt Philip
  6. Angus Cottrell
  7. Richard Hardwick
  8. Isi Naisarani
  9. Will Genia
  10. Quade Cooper
  11. Marika Koroibete
  12. Billy Meakes
  13. Tom English
  14. Jack Maddocks
  15. Dane Haylett-Petty ©
  16. Robbie Abel
  17. Matt Gibbon
  18. Sam Talakai
  19. Esei Ha’angana
  20. Brad Wilkin
  21. Rob Leota
  22. Michael Ruru
  23. Semisi Tupou

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Team announcement strong starting line up!!!
  1. Tetera Faulkner
  2. Anaru Rangi
  3. Jermaine Ainsley
  4. Luke Jones
  5. Matt Philip
  6. Angus Cottrell
  7. Richard Hardwick
  8. Isi Naisarani
  9. Will Genia
  10. Quade Cooper
  11. Marika Koroibete
  12. Billy Meakes
  13. Tom English
  14. Jack Maddocks
  15. Dane Haylett-Petty ©
  16. Robbie Abel
  17. Matt Gibbon
  18. Sam Talakai
  19. Esei Ha’angana
  20. Brad Wilkin
  21. Rob Leota
  22. Michael Ruru
  23. Semisi Tupou

Come over to the match day thread mate:)

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...rumbies-v-rebels-fri-15th-7-45pm.18524/page-2

Juan Cote

Syd Malcolm (24)
Hoping Cooper and Meakes can form the sort of partnership Cooper and Ant Finger formed in the Reds' golden year. Front 3 a bit of a concern however up against a strong Brumbies front row

Status
Not open for further replies.