• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Perhaps by giving a profit making space to a charity, instead of collecting an income, the Rebels will be afforded tax relief as it may be considered a type of donation, and a big one. Goodwill and potentially still a positive financial outcome

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Kind act... definite media stunt.

Now slim, I have first hand seen Quade acting in a most humble and honourable manner toward an ageing female fan when I visited QLD a few years ago - he was injured at the time and as was the practice at the Reds then, the injured players were asked to do pr work (I guess) - he impressed me so much with his gentle manner and genuine interest in her conversation. I for one had thought he was a lad with no substance, but that blew me away. His comments on instagram re his move to melbourne sound very genuine and humble (imo). Can't wait to see him play tonight.
ps there were no cameras to catch him

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Now slim, I have first hand seen Quade acting in a most humble and honourable manner toward an ageing female fan when I visited QLD a few years ago - he was injured at the time and as was the practice at the Reds then, the injured players were asked to do pr work (I guess) - he impressed me so much with his gentle manner and genuine interest in her conversation. I for one had thought he was a lad with no substance, but that blew me away. His comments on instagram re his move to melbourne sound very genuine and humble (imo). Can't wait to see him play tonight.
ps there were no cameras to catch him

I don't doubt that......... but the camera was pulled out for the clickbait.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So when Coleman comes back does Jones shift to 6, pushing Cottrell to the bench (and probably Wilkin out of the 23). Also will Talakai be promoted to start ahead of Ainsley? I thought Rangi was excellent with ball in hand and threw well but was part of that diabolical front row, irrelevant I guess as he gets a few more chances before Uelese will be fit. Is Ben Daley floating around? Need to change up the front row or do something quick.

The backs will be largely unchanged I presume with Hodge slotting into 13.

My XV for R3 (this bye sucks):
1. Sa'aga
2. Rangi
3. Daley
4. Philip
5. Coleman
6. Jones
7. Hardwick (might be injured)
8. Isi
9. Genia
10. Quade
11. Koroibete
12. Meakes
13. Hodge
14. Maddocks
15. DHP

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
So when Coleman comes back does Jones shift to 6, pushing Cottrell to the bench (and probably Wilkin out of the 23). Also will Talakai be promoted to start ahead of Ainsley? I thought Rangi was excellent with ball in hand and threw well but was part of that diabolical front row, irrelevant I guess as he gets a few more chances before Uelese will be fit. Is Ben Daley floating around? Need to change up the front row or do something quick.

The backs will be largely unchanged I presume with Hodge slotting into 13.

My XV for R3 (this bye sucks):
1. Sa'aga
2. Rangi
3. Daley
4. Philip
5. Coleman
6. Jones
7. Hardwick (might be injured)
8. Isi
9. Genia
10. Quade
11. Koroibete
12. Meakes
13. Hodge
14. Maddocks
15. DHP

I don’t think Daley is up to it as well. Big Sam is the best of an average bunch at scrum time. The rest of the team I like, although Uelese at 2 would help the scrum as well

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I don’t think Daley is up to it as well. Big Sam is the best of an average bunch at scrum time. The rest of the team I like, although Uelese at 2 would help the scrum as well

I don't think we'll see Uelese before round 4 at the earliest and he'd be eased in as well I'd imagine.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Daley's scrummaging is not his strongest attribute and I am not sure he has ever been a tight head.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pone is the one I think we need to invest in.

Sa’aga I genuinely believe could be the best LH in Australia.

I’d like to see by seasons end this combo used in some capacity.

Ainsley I am lost on, obviously others with more knowledge than I have on the game see something, but I don’t think he’s ever shown on the field he’s super level, let alone the test caps he now has. Has been a round for a number of years and don’t think any improvement has been shown when it comes to the scrum. Hopefully I am proven wrong but he could do with a couple of years in Europe.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
For you lucky members, I hope you got your packs today.

Mine arrived, but don't think I'll get to any games. My membership is now owned by my son...

rebels-2019.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'll probably need to get a beanie for my bald head. My other Beanies have gone missing or just been stolen by little people.

Forgot to mention the pack comes with a 10$ discount code at the Rebels store.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Received my membership pack when I arrived home today. Alas there was a note that the lanyard will be sent separately. Even more alas my period is still 8 years instead of 9 and foundation, so I will have to give the Rebels a call.

Problem with sending packs out so late, it doesn't give much time to fix problems.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Received my membership pack when I arrived home today. Alas there was a note that the lanyard will be sent separately. Even more alas my period is still 8 years instead of 9 and foundation, so I will have to give the Rebels a call.

Problem with sending packs out so late, it doesn't give much time to fix problems.

Actually, you raise a good issue.

Just looked at the above photo. Only has me down for 7 years. I'm a foundation member, so those dates are wrong.

Also can't see anything that says I'm a foundation member. Think a phone call to Rebels HQ is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.