• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Actually, you raise a good issue.

Just looked at the above photo. Only has me down for 7 years. I'm a foundation member, so those dates are wrong.

Also can't see anything that says I'm a foundation member. Think a phone call to Rebels HQ is in order.
Same issue on mine. Maybe 2017 was so embarrassing they don't count it . I certainly try to forget it.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Watched the replay of last week's game and one thing that really impressed me with luke Jones's picks in the line out off the QLD throw was he knocked them almost directly to Genia. Its almost never that clean. Whats more Genia seemed to be expecting it and released out backline really quickly.

I wonder if this is something they worked on at training or spoke about in the sheds at half time. It was almost as smooth as out own throws.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Grumbles from Growden (via SMH).

Coleman heading north? Lock it in

There are loud mumbles that Adam Coleman will be Australia's highest paid player when he heads overseas after the World Cup, as reported by the Herald last month. Moths hovering around the Coleman camp claim the money on offer is 'insane.' The mail is he's going to London Irish. Regarding more successful and talented Australian locks, a statue of John Eales will be unveiled at Suncorp Stadium next Monday

Of all the UK Rugby twits I watch, his name isn't really mentioned that much. Still, doesn't mean he's not considering an offer. Damm sign-on bonuses.

In the horrible event that Adam does leave, we seem to have amassed a bunch of good Locks.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
Received my membership pack when I arrived home today. Alas there was a note that the lanyard will be sent separately. Even more alas my period is still 8 years instead of 9 and foundation, so I will have to give the Rebels a call.

Problem with sending packs out so late, it doesn't give much time to fix problems.

I'm a foundation member and had 6 years on my card! I gave them a call and having a new one sent out

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Grumbles from Growden (via SMH).

Of all the UK Rugby twits I watch, his name isn't really mentioned that much. Still, doesn't mean he's not considering an offer. Damm sign-on bonuses.

In the horrible event that Adam does leave, we seem to have amassed a bunch of good Locks.

Growden's done well this week. His article today is worse than last weeks.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Growden's done well this week. His article today is worse than last weeks.

It's absolute garbage.

"“You should always represent the message you want the general public to hear or read. Be aware that some journalists will try to lead you into saying something in a manner that is more their idea than yours. If this is happening, do not tell them what you think they want to hear. Project your own thoughts or ideas.’
Interviewing skills include avoiding ‘jargons, nicknames and cliches’, and making certain there are two or three key messages, then ‘repeat them in interview.’ No wonder countless player interviews are so boring- but sadly still infested with ‘jargon, nicknames and cliches’."
Growden would be the first to rip into a player for going off script in an interview and try and suggest that RA has lost control.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Watched the replay of last week's game and one thing that really impressed me with luke Jones's picks in the line out off the QLD throw was he knocked them almost directly to Genia. Its almost never that clean. Whats more Genia seemed to be expecting it and released out backline really quickly.

I wonder if this is something they worked on at training or spoke about in the sheds at half time. It was almost as smooth as out own throws.

I was at the game and thought the same - it was like we trained with the Brumbies and worked it out with them. It was that exacting!

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
On the membership front, who has received theirs?

I only got to signing up last week, so thinking i might of missed the boat to receive the pack in time before the first game.

I cant live without my scarf at games :mad:

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'm a founding member and had 6 years on my card! I gave them a call and having a new one sent out

Same. Spoke to the Membership team (Jarred) and they will send out a new card.

I thought the passes also displayed "foundation [category name]", so I asked about that. Another thing they're looking at.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
On the membership front, who has received theirs?

I only got to signing up last week, so thinking i might of missed the boat to receive the pack in time before the first game.

I cant live without my scarf at games :mad:

A decent Beer blanket will fix the cold problem :)

I've got soo many scarves I was going to make a poncho. Another thing to add to my list of things I cannot get done.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Picked up my membership pack today. All in order. Card is correct (states “Foundation”) and includes the lanyard. Just lucky, I guess.

Rug&tug

Stan Wickham (3)
A decent Beer blanket will fix the cold problem :)

I've got soo many scarves I was going to make a poncho. Another thing to add to my list of things I cannot get done.
I had a similar idea... need to do something with’em and I can’t chuck stuff like that out(it’s a problem)
Can you remember if we got scarfs for 2012&13?? Or did I lose them on swan st

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Prepare for some faultless logic. Brumbies = amazing. From last weekend Rebels > Brumbies. Therefore Rebels = better than amazing? Did the Rebs beat an incredible team at their home ground? Irrefutable evidence says yes.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Prepare for some faultless logic. Brumbies = amazing. From last weekend Rebels > Brumbies. Therefore Rebels = better than amazing? Did the Rebs beat an incredible team at their home ground? Irrefutable evidence says yes.
I for one say get excited. The Rebels playing them(BRU) again this week might not have won, but the only thing the brumbies did poorly was exit, something the rebels exploited much better last week.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
The Rebels website has had a revamp, seems to be running about a gazillion times faster.

Some of the info may not be 100% accurate though - unless Reece Hodge actually is 123kg and 123cm. Or maybe he's like me, a bit too short for his weight :)

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
The Rebels website has had a revamp, seems to be running about a gazillion times faster.

Some of the info may not be 100% accurate though - unless Reece Hodge actually is 123kg and 123cm. Or maybe he's like me, a bit too short for his weight :)

Yes, some of the info seems not to have been checked. This is from the bio on Angus Cottrell: "Originally a member of the Rugby League family, Cottrell made the conversion to Union after being spotted by the Western Force playing for the Brisbane Bulldogs in the NRL in 2012."

Wests Bulldogs might not be happy that their claims to development of the player have been taken by a non-existent NRL side!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

it's certainly a lot better. Looks like they've moved from Digital Ocean to a company controlled by CSC. I'm assuming a consulting house like that would be able to put together a decent web site.

Probably the quickest to load on all four Super Rugby team sites. Brumbies was the slowest - the gift of GoDaddy.

You would have thought they would have sprung for a basic SSL certificate on their new site. But no.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Amazing performance compared to the old sight,

Interesting how all the player profiles are in order except for Reece Hodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.