• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2019

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Here's a true market on Div 3 for this season

Div3:
Beecroft - $3.50
Valley - $3.75
HAC - $4.50
Blacktown $8.00 (90% there - saints gone)
Redfield- $11.00
Brothers - $15.00 (if subbies let them stay in 3rd div)
Iggies - $26.00
Newport - $41.00

The issue is more subbies wouldn't let us go down if we wanted to... they're doing everything they can to try and accommodate us and save the division

I'm certainly not against us (brothers) dropping.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
My only question is where do these players go when the money stops?

Do they just stop playing rugby completely?

There are plenty of clubs who have attracted talent over the years for a short period of time. I don't think it helps said clubs in the long term as the players don't have any loyalty to the club.

I just think the saturation of clubs in certain areas of Sydney just means that clubs that can no longer attract players who have no long term loyalty anyway will struggle to maintain their player numbers.

I agree, I don't think it helped our club long term at all. Most those guys at our club were former Gordon players that were coming to an end anyway, and the stopping of payments kind of coincided with their retiring. Was definitely suss when a few popped up at clubs on the opposite side of Sydney. What I will say is that it has absolutely weakened the competition as a whole.

I would even go as far as to say the 2nd grade comp in div 3, 3-4 years ago was stronger than the first grade comp of this year. Not necessarily at the top end (HAC are obviously outstanding) but your competition average. The standard of play is shocking

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sorry mr D, of course not, I forgot that Newport is the epitome of all that is holy in suburban rugby.

Say, is that big fat fuck that coaches colts back again this year?

Mate I wish I could say the same about anyone from Newport but unfortunately, you're just an absolute pack of fluffybunnys, from the players on the field (who I can only assume you've bussed in from the spastic centre), to the inbred retards in that southwestern corner..

Highlight of every season singing our song in the middle of porters, can't wait to do it again this year..

Wishing you the very best of luck in your shameless quest for lower grade glory again this year xx

That a boy....continue the hate. Whatever Newport did to you it must have been brutal.
Yes I understand the former NSW fly half is coaching colts again.
Sadly with crowds it’s hard to control some local idiot who’s brought their own piss and adds nothing but pathetic sideline stupidity. It’s a detractor from the atmosphere that Porters can generate with its large supporter base.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)

Div3:
Beecroft - $3.50
Valley - $3.75
HAC - $4.50
Redfield- $11.00
Iggies - $26.00
Newport - $41.00

Do you know something we don’t? Unless HAC has lost most of its 1st and 2nd grade from last year they are both shoe ins.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
I agree, I don't think it helped our club long term at all. Most those guys at our club were former Gordon players that were coming to an end anyway, and the stopping of payments kind of coincided with their retiring. Was definitely suss when a few popped up at clubs on the opposite side of Sydney. What I will say is that it has absolutely weakened the competition as a whole.

I would even go as far as to say the 2nd grade comp in div 3, 3-4 years ago was stronger than the first grade comp of this year. Not necessarily at the top end (HAC are obviously outstanding) but your competition average. The standard of play is shocking

Which club/s?

You mean south or west, when you say 'other side of sydney'?

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Do you know something we don’t? Unless HAC has lost most of its 1st and 2nd grade from last year they are both shoe ins.

Not really, a few are having a go at Parramatta and a few are retiring.

HAC will up there but wont be beating teams by 50+.

HAC only killed teams that were undermanned. The rest of their games were close

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not really, a few are having a go at Parramatta and a few are retiring.

HAC will up there but wont be beating teams by 50+.

HAC only killed teams that were undermanned. The rest of their games were close

You don’t win a Barraclough, then get relegated and win 1s and 2s in a canter. I’ll suggest you might be foxing. You definitely had some that were at grade size and level. So good luck to them.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
As a father of a child with special needs HeavyB, i take great offence at your comments re spastics and retards.
Glad in my day, my club Barker Old Boys used to beat the sweet jesus out of the joke that is your club. ( not that it seems going by your comments that thinks at CBOBS seem to have changed).

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
You don’t win a Barraclough, then get relegated and win 1s and 2s in a canter. I’ll suggest you might be foxing. You definitely had some that were at grade size and level. So good luck to them.

They’ve lost a good 6 or so 1st graders, surely that’ll bring them back towards the pack a bit too

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)

Div3:
Beecroft - $3.50
Valley - $3.75
HAC - $4.50
Redfield- $11.00
Iggies - $26.00
Newport - $41.00

Newport are $1000/1 if Blacktown join the comp. Newport won’t enjoy what is now basically a western Sydney comp with almost every game well over an hour away and some closer to 2.

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
As a father of a child with special needs HeavyB, i take great offence at your comments re spastics and retards.
Glad in my day, my club Barker Old Boys used to beat the sweet jesus out of the joke that is your club. ( not that it seems going by your comments that thinks at CBOBS seem to have changed).

Surely there are some admins floating about that can sought HeavyB out? HeavyB disgusting comments and really not doing Brothers image any good with your comments. Go to Twitter to spill your bile under anonymity, Troll.

Cranky Penguin

Stan Wickham (3)
I see Forest are still making friends with rival clubs.
5CAC6640-0276-4FB7-AD4F-6B1B32CFC434.jpeg
80839016-ADFD-41A9-A6EA-3A7453E26F25.jpeg

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I’m not sure what the implication is here? Not great obviously but are the actions of some ice addicts being blamed on forest?

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
I’m not sure what the implication is here? Not great obviously but are the actions of some ice addicts being blamed on forest?

Did you miss the part where the Forest Rugby made a comment saying it 'never looked better'

I don't think there was any implication.

GentleGiant

Allen Oxlade (6)
I’ll have the colleague fund on HAC please. Give me $1.80 on for and against points of +1000. If no one is seriously maimed during the season it will be a relief. Subbies will be culpable putting a Div 1 front running side in a heavily depleted 3rd Div comp

Im pretty sure every good HAC player has left. The new 2blues 2nd grade coach is from HAC and took the ex parra players back to parra with him, they arent first grade calibre in shute anymore and more 2s and 3s but they were superb for subbies div 3. And the good younger ones they have have gone to various other shute teams, 2 at west harbour.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Im pretty sure every good HAC player has left. The new 2blues 2nd grade coach is from HAC and took the ex parra players back to parra with him, they arent first grade calibre in shute anymore and more 2s and 3s but they were superb for subbies div 3. And the good younger ones they have have gone to various other shute teams, 2 at west harbour.

Will watch with interest in the 1st round. About the only thing on earth I ever agreed with Heavyb on was the overall standard of DIV 3 is rubbish. With the two standouts last year BOBS have gone up and HAC potentially rebuilding it might make for a more interesting comp this year.

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Two truths and a lie...

1) 3rd div club seriously worried about player retention after last season that they've contacted "selected" players offering free rego. Only issue is, other players have got wind and are blowing up, only furthering the overall numbers concern.

2) Div 1 club fostering relationship with shute club because of shared sponsor. Shute club trying to get colts players to experience grade style physicality.

3) Large group of div 2 club's players ready to leave due to exiting coaching staff. Players not happy with club management.