• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Given the amount of contact on Saturday night and only having a six day turnaround until Friday night I would want to be resting blokes big time this week and giving some other blokes an opportunity v the Brums. Might not be full strength line up but would be good for the whole squad to contribute and feel a part of the big games (unlike last year IMO).

My starting: R O'Connor, Fitzpatrick c, C Talakai, Holloway vc, Roets, Swinton, Wells/W Harris, H Sinclair, Gordon, Mason, Rona, K Hunt, Clark, I Folau, Newsome

My bench: JP Sauni, Johnson-Holmes/C Walker, Kepu, McCauley, Wells/W Harris/P Tafa, M Short, Foley, Beale

Important not to risk Dempsey after the knock he got on the weekend, rest Hooper, Hanigan and Simmons. Taf and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) need to rest as well + get Taf more up to speed on the lineout. I wouldn't have played Taf against the Reds.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Given the amount of contact on Saturday night and only having a six day turnaround until Friday night I would want to be resting blokes big time this week and giving some other blokes an opportunity v the Brums. Might not be full strength line up but would be good for the whole squad to contribute and feel a part of the big games (unlike last year IMO).

My starting: R O'Connor, Fitzpatrick c, C Talakai, Holloway vc, Roets, Swinton, Wells/W Harris, H Sinclair, Gordon, Mason, Rona, K Hunt, Clark, I Folau, Newsome

My bench: JP Sauni, Johnson-Holmes/C Walker, Kepu, McCauley, Wells/W Harris/P Tafa, M Short, Foley, Beale

Important not to risk Dempsey after the knock he got on the weekend, rest Hooper, Hanigan and Simmons. Taf and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) need to rest as well + get Taf more up to speed on the lineout. I wouldn't have played Taf against the Reds.

This seems like the suggestion of an undercover Brumbies fan.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
This seems like the suggestion of an undercover Brumbies fan.

The Tahs have the best and most even depth out of the aussie teams. In the Tahs v Brums trial a Tahs' team worse than this got close to a Brums side missing only Poey, Sio and Allalatoa. I think in the last 10 mins a Tahs pack of like Swinton, Sinclair, W Harris, Hanigan and Pat Tafa repelled 3 or 4 Brumbies lineout drives from 5m lineouts so that shows the depth. I want to see resting like the kiwi teams do, isn't it supposed to happen?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Tahs have the best and most even depth out of the aussie teams. In the Tahs v Brums trial a Tahs' team worse than this got close to a Brums side missing only Poey, Sio and Allalatoa. I think in the last 10 mins a Tahs pack of like Swinton, Sinclair, W Harris, Hanigan and Pat Tafa repelled 3 or 4 Brumbies lineout drives from 5m lineouts so that shows the depth. I want to see resting like the kiwi teams do, isn't it supposed to happen?

Get this man a direct line to Daryl Gibson............

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Rebels don't have a Shute Shield or QLD Premier Rugby to nourish their depth and have it ready to perform. Tahs have smarter forwards than the Rebels.

But depth is depth, and rebels have it in spades over all the other Aussie teams

Also really fucking weird logic, especially seeing as Shute shield hasn’t even started yet and won’t for another month

dru

Tim Horan (67)
But depth is depth, and rebels have it in spades over all the other Aussie teams

Also really fucking weird logic, especially seeing as Shute shield hasn’t even started yet and won’t for another month

While Rebels are definnitely starting to see local grown talent in Super, both SS and QPR feed the Rebels.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Definitely a troll post. If our ‘depth’ includes throwing an 18 year old in Will Harris (not to knock his potential, he will definitely earn a number of Super caps if not Wallaby at some stage) to the wolves we have no depth to speak of.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
While Rebels are definnitely starting to see local grown talent in Super, both SS and QPR feed the Rebels.

Where they get it from is inconsequential, they have a squad, they’re available to be picked, as a squad across the board they have the best team in the conference this equals depth

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Where they get it from is inconsequential, they have a squad, they’re available to be picked, as a squad across the board they have the best team in the conference this equals depth

Definitely. But no I don't think it is inconsequential. NSW produces some of the best rugby players in Aus. This includes teams outside of the Tahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.