• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 5: Lions v Rebels - Sun12:05am @Emirates Park

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rebels pack should have known that big push was coming. They just clocked off and it cost them the draw. Did they only have 7 men in that scrum?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Admit it, truth hurts ;)

You might want to check which team leads the competition in yellow cards, and ranked fourth in penalties conceded this year..........

I'll give you a hint: they gave away 20 penalties tonight.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
You might want to check which team leads the competition in yellow cards, and ranked fourth in penalties conceded this year....

Rebels may give away penalties and your sour from last week. But only one from a team all game is unheard of and completely one sided refing.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’m going to have my whinge.

The Rebels bottled that one, there is no excuse been that far up and losing but seriously some of those penalties were almost verging on fabricated and when it was 50/50 it was definitely favored in the home teams way. Meakes sin binned without touching the ball for a slap down, some offsides were questionable, Marx not holding his feet then slapping the ball to the side off his feet for them to run 80m and score, cooper having the ball slapped out of his hand and Geni called for a high tackle when at best he hits his shoulder.

I’m probably more enraged after that commentary performance, it was in his own words disgusting. It made Phil Kearns sound like the Martin Tyler of rugby.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
You might want to check which team leads the competition in yellow cards, and ranked fourth in penalties conceded this year....

We both know I wasn't referring to this year with cynical Brumby penalties. The hurt lingers from the two losses this year?

And you and I both know who was ranked fifth in the penalties conceded this year. Hint: they just gave away 1 penalty in the last game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Meakes sin binned without touching the ball for a slap down, some offsides were questionable

That was a funny one, because there weren't any other clear replay angles (that I saw?) but it was right in front of the ref..............

Still someone was leaving the field, Meakes possibly unlucky it was him.