• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RuggerFan1

Forgot the 14A 45-0
298-12

Yes, the competition was indeed not strong as they would have against another GPS school but as the first hit out for the season for all boys it was pleasing to see.

Mind you in 2018 Joeys recorded results similar to the ones recorded on Saturday during the competition rounds for example.. vs Scots College 11 August, 2018

Joeys 13A 64 Scots 7
Joeys 14A 30 Scots 24
Joeys 15A 40 Scots 0
Joeys 16A 40 Scots 7
Joeys 1sts 38 Scots 34

Joeys 212
Scots 65

Nice nitpicking of the scores joker...

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Maybe time to unlock the thread we dare not speak about keeps it out of this one.

That thread lowered the tone of Green and Gold to an arcimious site of personal abuse, outright lies and covertly racist rants.Generally speaking, look at how polite, professional and emotional intelligent our threads are these days. Largely, because the Cyber Trolls have no venue, in which to pedal their insidious agendas of hate. Those, Trolls were neither professional, intelligent or socially well balanced. The fact they only participated on that thread, reveals and highlights that they were neither interested and completely unable to contribute, to the discussions on Schoolboy Rugby.

Now, compare the intellectual mediocre of the Trolls, to the clever humour of Joker or the insightful commentaries of Quick Hands. Yes, Bob Hart might feel a bit put out by Joker's highlighting of Joeys scores against Scots. But it works both ways, as one Scots supporter and I suspect he was a rather proud father, was happy to place film highlights of Scots 16As beating Newington on two occasions. and beating them convincingly.Hence, there is no real harm in a bit of chest pounding school pride, as long as it is done with good taste. The Trolls had no such good taste,

So the moderators made the right decision, in barring any further comments on that thread.As this site is a Rugby site. As such it should express an atmosphere of gentrified, professional elegance and sophiscation. Trolls on the on other hand, belong on a site more that is more in keeping, their socially inept bogan outlook. May I suggest live baiting with Grey Hound Racing.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
2xpg09.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Lets see how Sonny Dill did waaaaaay back at the start.
I think he did a crack'n good job
Highlighted are the ones that matched up.

Using Joker's hard work I have assembled the following
1st XV 2019 Joeys team

Piggies
1. Nick Jones (2nds)
2. Louis Robinson (1sts)
3. Angus Websdale (NSW 1 u16)
4. Luke O'Shannessy (2nds)
5. Lachlan Sarr (2nds)
6. Will Clements (3rds) or Byron Sutherland (NSW 1 u16s)
7. Rogan Hickey (1sts)
8. Hugh Bokenham (1sts)
Backs
9. Thomas Hannan (3rds) or Max Dominello (NSW 1 u16)
10. Jude Gibbs (1st)
11. Samuel Kannan (2nds)
12. Nicholas Chan (2nds)
13. Daniel O'Brien (1sts)
14. Emery Joliffe (NSW 2 u16 )
15. Ben Dowling (NSW 1 u16)

As you would expect there were a couple of lads unavailable but the backs looked settled.
I am sure in the coming weeks there will be a few tinkers.
The O'Kane boy has plenty of pace and size and could be turned into a great blindside breakaway.
Anyway, well done Sonny.

BTW....what schools are playing this weekend? Joeys are on holidays as of yesterday.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
That thread lowered the tone of Green and Gold to an arcimious site of personal abuse, outright lies and covertly racist rants.Generally speaking, look at how polite, professional and emotional intelligent our threads are these days. Largely, because the Cyber Trolls have no venue, in which to pedal their insidious agendas of hate. Those, Trolls were neither professional, intelligent or socially well balanced. The fact they only participated on that thread, reveals and highlights that they were neither interested and completely unable to contribute, to the discussions on Schoolboy Rugby.

Now, compare the intellectual mediocre of the Trolls, to the clever humour of Joker or the insightful commentaries of Quick Hands. Yes, Bob Hart might feel a bit put out by Joker's highlighting of Joeys scores against Scots. But it works both ways, as one Scots supporter and I suspect he was a rather proud father, was happy to place film highlights of Scots 16As beating Newington on two occasions. and beating them convincingly.Hence, there is no real harm in a bit of chest pounding school pride, as long as it is done with good taste. The Trolls had no such good taste,

So the moderators made the right decision, in barring any further comments on that thread.As this site is a Rugby site. As such it should express an atmosphere of gentrified, professional elegance and sophiscation. Trolls on the on other hand, belong on a site more that is more in keeping, their socially inept bogan outlook. May I suggest live baiting with Grey Hound Racing.

Here endeth the lesson.
Fun fact - 8 boys from my son's Shore 1st 15 ended up playing 1st grade Shute Shield and 2 went onto Super. How many of the premiership winning New team of 2013 went onto play 1st grade (NRL doesn't count)?
Check out the gentleman in my avatar - they stood up against a unjust regime.
Oh, by the way Mr Schoolmaster - 1/10 for spelling - acrimious/sophiscation?!?

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Here endeth the lesson.
Fun fact - 8 boys from my son's Shore 1st 15 ended up playing 1st grade Shute Shield and 2 went onto Super. How many of the premiership winning New team of 2013 went onto play 1st grade (NRL doesn't count)?

Oh Spieher, I was expecting you to make some reply. As usual the content of your reply is totally incompetent and completely irrelevant to the subject, being discussed in my post. In this matter, your reading skills require work. As you clearly, have not understood the topic being expressed.

At no stage do I write about the Shute Shield, or Super Rugby. Nor do I write about player representation. So let me explain, what I am writing about in simple terms so you may understand. The topic under discussion is about petty stupidity, the outright mistruth trolls pedal and their disgusting racist agenda, be it of a covert nature. Remember, how one post of yours, expressed the sentiment that poor people should not play Rugby.

Clearly, you were targeting Pacific Islander Boys. In this regard,Shore is well known for its racist behaviour against Newington. In the past Dr Wright has been required to address School Assemblies at Shore, issuing instructions as to the unacceptable nature of this behaviour.

As for the spelling, the English language has changed with American English now dominant, particularly, regarding computers in the information age, including spell check. Get with the times Spieber.

Oh, which Shute teams did the boys play for, as Gordon is hardly performing at the highest levels. A bit like Shore.

But above all you have provided, an example of the troll and why the site needed to be closed.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Here endeth the lesson.

OK Spieber, I acknowledge your obsession with the Newington 2013 side, so just so you have the full facts I'll answer your questions. I think that the answers might surprise you.

7 boys from the Newington 1st XV of 2103 went on to play 1st grade Shute Shield, plus another boy whose family moved to NZ (as they obtained the Paladin franchise there) played rugby for Waikato.

M. Serhon Randwick
A. Vasilis Randwick
J. Mitchell Gordon
L. Cannell Gordon
E. Abrahams Manly
S. Kennewell Randwick
V. Fifita Randwick, Souths and West Harbour

D. Morris Waikato

Additionally, Kennewell is currently in the Australian rugby 7s squad and Fifita is currently playing for the Brumbies.

Further, M. Tufui went on to play for Tonga

Finally, G Prassass went on to achieve an ATAR of 99.25

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
just a general comment all, keep it civil. Otherwise bannings will be happening.

Agree entirely and end of discussion on this issue for me. As I intend my next post to be about the Newington and Trinity Rugby Matches, being played today. Time to move on and talk about the real reason why we all here.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
BTW.... Scots 7's is great. A very well run event. BBQ made me a great steak sandwich for lunch. 9/10. The relish was very tasty. Coffee as always very good. Nice crowd. Enjoyed the Scots V Shore game. Plenty of pace in those TSC backs.

Krangle

Frank Row (1)
High only had one match today:

High 14A V Oakhill 14C (27-5). This 14A team had really good results last year and I expect them to get similar results this year.

The other matches, which were scheduled against St Andrews were cancelled for some reason.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
BTW.. Scots 7's is great. A very well run event. BBQ made me a great steak sandwich for lunch. 9/10. The relish was very tasty. Coffee as always very good. Nice crowd. Enjoyed the Scots V Shore game. Plenty of pace in those TSC backs.
Good atmosphere felt like there was a much reduced crowd there today would have been good to see a NZ and QLD team in the mix let’s hope they can get them back in the mix next year, great to see Shore in the event and see them square off against Scots 2 in 3rd final I think it was ....... I recommend the Lamb Souvlaki on Pita Bread from the BBQ if you have a lazy $8.50....... good day out congrats to NSW Development Squad for taking it out overall from Scots 1 in the final and for the RKI school from Fiji for really great entertaining rugby ! ....... finally the Joker and I are in agreement on something !

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
... finally the Joker and I are in agreement on something !

Rob, great to see that we can agree on good food. Looking forward to another season of sensational AAGPS food. I have heard that there will be slow cooked pulled pork roll at Riverview this year.

Scots 7's....Good atmosphere and was able to catch up with a few old Scots mates today who still speak to me despite my cerise and blue one eye. It was good to enjoy the sunshine. They just need a bar like they do at Hunters Hill. Well that is what you get with Presbyterians. Hope the Newington day v Trinity went well. Looking forward to their pork roll later this season.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
1sts - Newington 29 def Trinity 14
2nds - Newington 57 def Trinity 5
16A - Newington 55 def Trinity 15
15A - Newington 72 def Trinity 5

No scores available for 14A or 13A

EDIT: NB rowers did not play for Newington today in any age group

Status
Not open for further replies.