• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There's a deferred revenue there of $8M in there as a current liability.

@braveheart, would that be where something like that would sit?

Yes.

Deferred revenue is $9.628m in current liabilities and $8m in non-current liabilities.

That means they have received $17.628m in advance. The $8m represents amounts that don't become revenue for more than 12 months (i.e. the period they relate to is post 2019).

It has no impact on the 2018 P&L.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Dave Rennie has signed a new deal with Glasgow, so probably unlikely he will take over the wallabies post WC, unless there is some provisions for an international release.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Part of the Financials note 18 states that Super Rugby funding to Melbourne Rebels in 2018 included " special funding being a legacy of the sale to Imperium along with funding received from the Victorian State Government paid through by RA" - does anyone know why they have not quantified the ongoing "legacy" as a liability or does any one (outside of RA) know how much this ongoing "legacy" will be or how long it will last for?

Forceright

Allen Oxlade (6)
Remember back at the time that I heard it was part of the agreement of money paid to the Rebels for RA taking them off his hands.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Remember back at the time that I heard it was part of the agreement of money paid to the Rebels for RA taking them off his hands.
Some money came to settle their debts so cox could make the $1 deal to sell to vic rugby with aru approved. I cant see having been able to offload it so sweetly how he could be paid anything thereafter.

From memory $ to right the sinking ship came from some deep pocketed good old boys.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
offside kiwis unbelievable.jpg

Extra time of Singapore Sevens Aussie 7s v New Zealand. Cost Australia the game, how offside does the kiwi player want to be?

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
I think it's time the ARU said to Rod Kafer to bring some credibility back to rugby decided if you are a commentator or Rugby Australia's elite coaching director.

I'll take it from the below article Kafer was wearing his elite coaching directors hat, I will limit my comments to saying you lack class.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...r/news-story/f542cecef30fb7b1dd2c2d622f942d21

Kafer cannot be both, personally Rod stay as a commentator, you don't have the resume to be Rugby Australia's elite coaching director.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think it's time the ARU said to Rod Kafer to bring some credibility back to rugby decided if you are a commentator or Rugby Australia's elite coaching director.

I'll take it from the below article Kafer was wearing his elite coaching directors hat, I will limit my comments to saying you lack class.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...r/news-story/f542cecef30fb7b1dd2c2d622f942d21

Kafer cannot be both, personally Rod stay as a commentator, you don't have the resume to be Rugby Australia's elite coaching director.
I'd say RA are just trotting anyone out to the media to reinforce the message, we don't want or need Izzy. Started with Cheika and Hooper.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Interesting to hear last night that the Fox guys were saying Taniela was close to re-signing with both the Reds and Australian rugby. Seems to go against the notion that the RA has a mutiny on its hands with the PI members.

(I wasn't too sure if this discussion was a RA or Izzy Folau discussion so went with the former).