• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2019

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Happy ANZAC eve rugby pundits.
Here are my predictions for the season.

Div 1 - Mosman to take this one out. My Dark horse for the season has to be the Blue Mountain Boys. never seen them play but i loved their energy at the subbies awards night last year.. making rugby great again.
Div 2 - I'd be lying if i said that i wanted any team to win this division #BooDiv2. For arguments sake lets say BOB's. seemed like nice enough guys in Div 3 last year.
Div 3 - Ag could win this without ever getting out of 1st gear. Newport will be strong as they always are, at the expense of any shred of human decency of course, I certainly wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire. Ironically enough, I would if they werent..
Div 4- Northern Saints are my VGBC (Valley Girl's Big Call). Special mention to the men at Northern Saints, a whole lot of love for those blokes. #SaintItAShame

Till next time,

xoxo ValleyGirl

Welcome back Heavyb.

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Rumour Ron Jeremy has a good tip...

Div1
All the home teams comfortably except for Mosman v Knox which will be tighter than some of Ron's co-stars

Div2
Uni, HH, Forest, Lindfield

Div 3
Blacktown, Iggies, Ag and Redfield.

I think that Redfield will be playing for keeps this season in memory of Andy Watson. RIP. Great player and huge cog in the Redfield wheel.

Div 4
Briars, Oatley, Quinns, Cantebury

Div 5 and 6
Renegades, Dee Why, Raptors
Convicts, Engadine, Sea Lice

The Burke

Stan Wickham (3)
Div 1 - Petersham, colleagues, blue mountains, Mosman.
Div 2 - HH, Epping, Forest, UNSW
Div 3 - Brothers, hawks Ag, Old Iggies, Redfield
Div 4 - Canterbury, Quinn's, Irish, Briars
Don't know the draw in the lower divs.

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 1 - Petersham, colleagues, blue mountains, Mosman.
Div 2 - HH, Epping, Forest, UNSW
Div 3 - Brothers, hawks Ag, Old Iggies, Redfield
Div 4 - Canterbury, Quinn's, Irish, Briars
Don't know the draw in the lower divs.
Geez Div2 threw up some suprising results. Lindfield with a win over Epping, st pats smashing HH with Ex Shute players playing for HH and newcombers BOBS beating UNSW to stop the sweep.

Looks like Div3 reigning champs HAc have resumed normal service.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Some interesting results 1st up.

Div 1
-Drummoyne surprising in higher grades of Div 1.
-Waverley appear to have given a good account of themselves at Lapstone.
-The muzzled wolves could be in for a long season.

Div 2
- good start by old soldier at home
- Forest looking strong with away wins
- BOBs will hold their own in Div 2

Div 3
- match abandoned in 2nd grade Beecroft vs Robs. Hopefully no serious injury.
- Hawkesbury Ag look like they’ve pickup where they left off in 1s and 2s. Hopefully no one gets killed.
- Blacktown look the goods. Will be interested in Heavyb assessment but looks like HAC, Robs and Blacktown to make semis with the rest battling to fill 4th spot.

Div 4

Over to others.

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
Also I saw Jono Jenkins (ex tahs player) is playing for his alma mater in Old iggies. What an experience for the younger (and older) fellas to play with someone of his class.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Some interesting results 1st up.

Div 1
-Drummoyne surprising in higher grades of Div 1.
-Waverley appear to have given a good account of themselves at Lapstone.
-The muzzled wolves could be in for a long season.

Div 2
- good start by old soldier at home
- Forest looking strong with away wins
- BOBs will hold their own in Div 2

Div 3
- match abandoned in 2nd grade Beecroft vs Robs. Hopefully no serious injury.
- Hawkesbury Ag look like they’ve pickup where they left off in 1s and 2s. Hopefully no one gets killed.
- Blacktown look the goods. Will be interested in Heavyb assessment but looks like HAC, Robs and Blacktown to make semis with the rest battling to fill 4th spot.

Div 4

Over to others.

Blacktown very big boys as you'd expect but in all honesty they won't get near the likes of HAC. Id probably have Blacktown second though through lack of quality opposition, redfield have shown over the years they can't mix it with a big pack. Iggies may be the smokey.

Sadly putting that kind of score on us isn't much of a feat with our club in the state it's in at present. We were just lucky to get 15 on the paddock even in 1s. Really proud of some of the boys yesterday that shouldn't have had to play but did. Others way out of position. Did well to be competing and were at 5-5 after about a quarter of the game before the wheels fell off.

Losing a handful of registered players to a certain grade club for whom they've registered under false names certainly hasn't helped our cause. Hopefully we can just dig in and survive the season.

Having a look at Fusesport, the whole HAC player turnover looks complete shite, that's pretty much last year's side that pumped valley.

Funny

Stan Wickham (3)
[quote="HeavyB, post: 1061627,

Having a look at Fusesport, the whole HAC player turnover looks complete shite, that's pretty much last year's side that pumped valley.[/quote]

Think you need to look a little closer. HAC only had 6 of last year's 1st grade grand final team and 4 of the 2nd grade teams final team in the team yesterday. The rest of the team were colts.

The game was very average, HAC were ok but not the standard of last year

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
[

The game was very average, HAC were ok but not the standard of last year[/quote]

7 tries to 1 against last years finalists suggests it couldn’t have been too average. Next week against ROBS will give us a clearer picture of where HAC are at.

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Heard from a mate that the Raptors had some big boys playing on the weekend but fitness being a problem at this stage.

Correctamondo. Appear to have quite a few former league players too. Will be interesting to see how they go as the season progresses.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
- Blacktown look the goods. Will be interested in Heavyb assessment

Blacktown were at home, and Brothers look very short-handed based on the teamsheets - forfeit 3rd Grade, and none of the other sheets is complete for a XV, and neither do they list any reserves.

The trip to Newport will be very interesting to see how the other side of the coin looks for Blacktown.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Savers are their usual fit selves, tho their lineout was rusty and we took it to them physically in close. Two yellow cards for stupid tackles didn't help us at all, and that needs addressing.

Bar a couple of mistakes the game would have been closer, but again: don't train together and don't work on your fitness, that's what you get.

footy_footy

Herbert Moran (7)
Couple of surprise results in Div 2. BOBs knocking off UNSW on back to UNSW day in their 70th year was a bit of a surprise. Well done to BOBs for starting their Div 2 endeavours on the right foot. Based purely off last years results Lindfield beating Epping was a bit unexpected but in their 100th year I suspect Lindfield will be far more competitive and starting the year off with a clean sweep is very promising.

I'm not quite sure why Hunters Hill were getting the early nod against St Pats so unanimously, considering they were minor premiers and grand finalists last year, but St Pats would be fairly happy with a comprehensive bonus point away win against Hunters Hill. Hunters Hill were up 9-0 with three penalty goals before St Pats wrestled back control and were quite dominant for the remaining 50-60 minutes of the match putting on 33 unanswered points. I'm sure HH were disappointed with their showing and will be keen to bounce back strongly against Forest.

A few vey interesting matches in round 2 with the draw split in the first 3 rounds with HH, Forest, Hills and St Pats on one side and UNSW, Epping, BOBs and Lindfield on the other. Forest v HH is shaping up as a belter and St Pats v Hills should give a gauge on where everyone is at early in the year.

At this stage I'm tipping Forest to take out the club championship and UNSW for the spoon. My big call is come round 8 a few other clubs will be joining BOBs without a 4th grade. The Richardson Cup is an endangered species I feel!