• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2019

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
[quote="HeavyB, post: 1061627,

Having a look at Fusesport, the whole HAC player turnover looks complete shite, that's pretty much last year's side that pumped valley.

Think you need to look a little closer. HAC only had 6 of last year's 1st grade grand final team and 4 of the 2nd grade teams final team in the team yesterday. The rest of the team were colts.

The game was very average, HAC were ok but not the standard of last year[/quote]

Even still.. from memory, the HAC 2's team last year had a few blokes that beat us in the 1's GF in 2016.

I'd be pretty shocked if you guys lost a game this year in either 1s or 2s.

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Rumour Ron picks 15 out of 22. Nearly 70% is not too shabby.

Perfect picks in Div1 and Div3.

Maybe old Ronnie boy isn't as much of a dipshit as you lot think.

booza

Frank Row (1)
Hearing mail a popular subbies rugby club has done away with VB and New (and OLD) and are now stocking a range of 'Craft Beers'.

Old boys are not happy!

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Hearing mail a popular subbies rugby club has done away with VB and New (and OLD) and are now stocking a range of 'Craft Beers'.

Old boys are not happy!

Bound to happen, but not very smart.

Margins are smaller and wasted on your average rugby punter....particularly after you've been made to skol your 4th beer

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)

Old boys are not happy!

Should keep all the hipster rugby players happy. Oh wait....

Rumour Ronald

Herbert Moran (7)
Merely pointing out that the two traits aren't necessarily at loggerheads.

Oh so clandestine. You are a sharp shooter sir. I see what you've done. It's a clever tactic to suggest it but not to actually say it. Perhaps a career in politics awaits. Maybe you could run for council and be able to finally deal with those pesky soccer clubs who take all the grass.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)

Old boys are not happy!

wasnt someone complaining about people bringing their own? This will make it compulsory.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
DIV 1
Colleagues vs MOSMAN: Whales by 15
Knox vs DIRTY REDS: Too big too strong, Drummoyne by 20
Waves vs SHAMMIES: Waverley gave a good first up run against Mountains at home. Shammies will be a step up and should win
Balmain vs BLUE MOUNTAINS: Mullzed wolves to to get mauled by Mountain men 20+

DIV 2
BOBS vs Lindfield: The battle of the Northshore tossers, the new boys just a little too polished for old soldier. BOBS by 10
FOREST vs HH: The men in green will be too strong against a desperate HH side. Forest by 7
ST PATS vs Hills: St Pats by 20
Epping vs UNSW: The UNi boys to bounce back against the RAMs after a surprise loss to BOBS. UNSW by 14

DIV 3
Brothers vs IGGIES: Iggies to snatch it at the end, Iggies by 5
Newport vs BLACKTOWN: Newport face the same issues as last year, no size. Up against the big men their hearts will be willing but size will eventually over come. Blacktown by 21
Robs vs HAC: Game of the round. Who will fire the early salvo for premiership favourites. HAC in the end in a tight one.
HV vs Beecroft: HV to bounce back from last weeks drubbing and their big men proving the difference also in a tight one.

DIV 4 and below. Over to others.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Glad you asked ;)

DIV 4:
Oatley v SYDNEY HARLEQUINS - Quins have been building some depth this year and have travelled well recently
Merrylands v SYDNEY IRISH - Irish technical skills and fitness should be too good for the bigger Merrylands side
MAC UNI v Northern Saints - the students put up a good fight at Wills, and should win in what looks to be match of the round
Briars v CANTERBURY - Berries are a great club, and have been competitive at every turn the last three years.

DIV 5:
NORTH CRONULLA v Burraneer - Sea Lice to win the local derby
ENGADINE v Alexandria Dukes - Lions will be stinging from last week's loss and might have too much
SYDNEY CONVICTS v Maccabi - It'll be a decent game but Convicts are a strong First Grade side and despite it being practically a home game, Maccabi don't look to have the numbers.

DIV 6:
SAVERS v Bye - easy week for the men in black
LANE COVE v Wakehurst - should be a close tussle, but going with the home team.
CHATSWOOD v Western Raptors - both sides a relatively unknown quantity at this point, so home side + fitness gets the gong
Dee Why/Terrey Hills v RENEGADES - got to back my team ;) But I may end up playing prop :( so anything goes at that point

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
Heavy B's Div 3 Tips

Firstly, absolutely gutted to have missed out on providing my input into the Newport v Iggies fixture last week. Not a shred of human decency within cooee of the ground in that one..

Brothers v Iggies - Injuries to key 1st graders have absolutely ravaged our already dwindling numbers. We'll give it a go I guess... Brothers by 3.
Newport v Blacktown - Class warfare battle for the ages here. The working class to absolutely monster the wanker class by plenty. Hot tip - The Blacktown sideline to give the usual Porters scum a run for their money. Blacktown by 30.
Redfield v HAC - Redfield often perform very well early in the season before falling to absolute shit around mid June. True to form, Redfield will give a very good account of themselves, however I find it impossible to tip against HAC, they are too good for this division. HAC by 10.
Valley v Beecroft - Match of the Round. I'll give Beecroft the benefit of the doubt re their opening round effort against Redfield. Again, Redfield often blow teams away early doors, even beating HAC on opening day last year. Scoreboard didn't look great last start but surely they've got enough class to get past what will be a gallant but ageing Valley side. Beecroft by 5.

HeavyB

Alfred Walker (16)
DIV 1
Colleagues vs MOSMAN: Whales by 15
Knox vs DIRTY REDS: Too big too strong, Drummoyne by 20
Waves vs SHAMMIES: Waverley gave a good first up run against Mountains at home. Shammies will be a step up and should win
Balmain vs BLUE MOUNTAINS: Mullzed wolves to to get mauled by Mountain men 20+

DIV 2
BOBS vs Lindfield: The battle of the Northshore tossers, the new boys just a little too polished for old soldier. BOBS by 10
FOREST vs HH: The men in green will be too strong against a desperate HH side. Forest by 7
ST PATS vs Hills: St Pats by 20
Epping vs UNSW: The UNi boys to bounce back against the RAMs after a surprise loss to BOBS. UNSW by 14

DIV 3
Brothers vs IGGIES: Iggies to snatch it at the end, Iggies by 5
Newport vs BLACKTOWN: Newport face the same issues as last year, no size. Up against the big men their hearts will be willing but size will eventually over come. Blacktown by 21
Robs vs HAC: Game of the round. Who will fire the early salvo for premiership favourites. HAC in the end in a tight one.
HV vs Beecroft: HV to bounce back from last weeks drubbing and their big men proving the difference also in a tight one.

Newport calling others tossers.... stick a fork in me guys, I'm done....

meatpie

Herbert Moran (7)
Div 1-
Colleagues vs MOSMAN- Whales in a tight one. 3-7
Knox vs REDs- my early prediction of Knox being the surprise packet looks dead and buried. Was expecting a stronger side, perhaps injuries taking toll. REDs by 10
Waves vs SHAMMiES- shammies by 7 against an improved and determined waves.
Balmain vs BM - mountains to big and strong by 15

Div2-
Bobs vs LINDFIELD - I actually find these clubs to be two of the nicer north of the Bridge. Going to go with the pack of Lindfield to edge Barker. Although Lindfield must contain BOBS backs. Lindfield by 3.
FOREST vs Hunters hill - needed to pick a home side. By 3
St PATS vs Hilss- Pats looking like early favourites. 20+
Epping vs UNSW - uni to bounce back by 12

Doc 3-
Brothers vs IGGIEs - a depleted and Fijian less Brothers to be gallant by go down swinging against iggies. 12+
Newport vs BLACKTOWN - interesting game. Will the warriors travel?? BT by 10
Rob vs HAC - rob to be gallant by HAC to big by 10
HV vs beecroft - valley to win this one easy. 20+