• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2019

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
TAS V St Gregs
TAS v St Gregs 11 May 19.png

Tram Tracks

Peter Burge (5)
Does anyone have any predictions for who will light up this years competition from an individual perspective? We've seen in past seasons players like Walker (Kinross - now with Waratahs), Doueihi (Pats - now with Rabbitohs), Mark Nawanqanitwaswe (Pats - now Aus u20 & Waratahs Academy), Chipizubov (Oakhill - now Aus 7s).

Can anyone fill me in on any other ISA graduates who are excelling in the world of rugby/rugby league. I'm very interested to see where blokes are ending up.

Also, any stars to light up ISA 2019?

Bo Abra Stannies 2017 (U20's Wallabies, Waratahs Academy ) Hunter Ward Stannies 2017 (Aus 7's squad, Waratahs Academy,) Yool Yool Stannies 2017 (Waratahs Academy)

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yes I think so, at least in the current set up. They came down last year and it was a fairly good day from memory with Greg's getting up in 1st's

It's very good to see. It would be trips like this that really ingrain Rugby culture in the school and potentially get a few more of their Leaguies to come across.

Best of luck to all both teams and I hope it's a great experience for them.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Note that Trinity and Pats playing away at Shore this weekend. Would assume Trinity 1 v Shore 1, Pats 1 v Shore 2 and so on?

garyuren

Bob McCowan (2)
St Pats vs Shore 2nd XV this weekend over at Northbridge. Any other fixtures ??
Pats looking to bounce back and expand on their first 15-20 minutes of high quality rugby. Hopefully they can sustain this by the time they reach the ISA season which could see them be highly competitive with what is shaping up to be an extremely tight close ISA season. My predicted ladder is:

Auggies
Stannies
Pats
Kinross
Pius
Gregs
Oakhill

I think I have put all the teams in there. Oakhill looking quite shaky with a heavy loss to the Joeys 2ndXV last week. However, I believe they may be able to suprise the competition and possibly make their way to about 4th on the ladder. Cheers, Gaza

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
TAS V St Gregs in the opens
What a day- The maximum temperature during game time was 5.6 degrees. Yet there was a sea of TAS Supporters under the pine trees on Backfield by the time the 1sts ran on.
St Greg's had a great field of opens today- a few very large, very skilled players.
Results for opens:
3rds: TAS 27, SGC 7
2nds: TAS 12, SGC 15
1sts: TAS 17, SGC 59

Thanks to St Greg's for making the 9 hour bus trip north to one of the coldest days of rugby we have hosted.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
Jim do you have the firsts results from today. How did the gregs boys fair up against TAS

I thinks Greg's 1st XV won fairly comfortably (61-7) from Greg's FB page. I think Greg's won 2nds as well, while TAS got the bickies in the junior age groups.