• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2019

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
And if anyone needs a tribute jersey its Padua

Poo Brown and Wee Yellow is not a good advertisement for AIC Rugby

Dust off the Columbans colours !

Ozwhip

Bob McCowan (2)

In the Rule, Francis does not prescribe any specific color for the habit of his penitential followers, rather he invites them to “wear humble garments,” to “dress in cheap clothing.” A biographer remembers the poor man of Assisi praising the lark: “Its plumage is earthy. It gives example to religious women and men that they should not have elegant and fine attire, but rather wear dull colors, like that of the earth”.

Not sure where you drew the connection with the Columbans from but the Padua primary colour brown are that of the habits of the Franciscan Friars, the school's founders and whose ethos and values the school is based on. The secondary colour gold could be from their crest which was created many years later. They have been the colours of the Franciscan Friars for over 800 years and as long as the Franciscans remain the patrons of the school, the colours will remain.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
2012%201-12%20Friars%20Conference%20035_0.jpg

Pre game warm up kit ?

And I wasn't suggesting a change of kit - merely a tribute jersey .

Everyone is doing it - its all the rage

Ozwhip

Bob McCowan (2)
2012%201-12%20Friars%20Conference%20035_0.jpg

Pre game warm up kit ?

And I wasn't suggesting a change of kit - merely a tribute jersey .

Everyone is doing it - its all the rage

It is what it is, but I'm sure the school will be happy to hear your suggestions. Here are the school contacts, let us know how you go.

Screenshot_20190507-074029_Padua.jpg

Clarence McLean

Bob McCowan (2)
I was at Shorncliffe on Saturday and was amazed by the Lauries 2nds inside centre. He was a head tape wearing maniac who practically made a 10m or more line break everytime he got his hands on the ball. I don't know his name but I believe he played 1sts for Laurie's last year and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he was in the starting lineup against Eddies. Especially if the rumours concerning their benching of "key" players is true. He could spell trouble for what I've heard is a more than questionable Eddies 1st XV

mcdonladclan

Bob McCowan (2)
I was at Shorncliffe on Saturday and was amazed by the Lauries 2nds inside centre. He was a head tape wearing maniac who practically made a 10m or more line break everytime he got his hands on the ball. I don't know his name but I believe he played 1sts for Laurie's last year and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he was in the starting lineup against Eddies. Especially if the rumours concerning their benching of "key" players is true. He could spell trouble for what I've heard is a more than questionable Eddies 1st XV

Go back to class Clarence!

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Thought Eddies might struggle this year but that's a big win by Villa. Did all their reps play?
Who were the best on ground?

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
Never mind Vik.

There are some colourful reports on Courier Mail site with details of the game, how Eddies were competitive until the final stages and the standout players.

In addition, further reporting on Lauries hopes of a resurgence this season and more details on the Padua win over Iona College.

Plus an old boy of MCA, has named their best team ever in a separate article.

Loving the AIC coverage this year.

Reactions: Vik

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Never mind Vik.

There are some colourful reports on Courier Mail site with details of the game, how Eddies were competitive until the final stages and the standout players.

In addition, further reporting on Lauries hopes of a resurgence this season and more details on the Padua win over Iona College.

Plus an old boy of MCA, has named their best team ever in a separate article.

Loving the AIC coverage this year.
Yep lovin the coverage. Hamish McKee the 7 was MOTM apparently , according to what I heard all Villa rep players got game significant game time until the 50th minute when Eddies was starting to fall apart. From what I understand Villa were rusty in the first half and then found their groove in the second. McKee (7), Harris (1), Horan (2) and Stokes best players for Villa - Eddies were ok until about the 45 min mark then Villa ran away with it

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Since these are rolling in, ill have a crack at a Padua Best 1st XV since 2004.

1. Garrath Ryan (Brothers Premier Grade, QLD 20s)
2. Bart Ritchie (Wests Premier Grade)
3. Tom O'Toole (Ulster)
4. Alex Perez (Brothers Premier Grade)
5. Michael Wood (Aus 20s, Brothers Premier Grade, Reds EDS)
6. Lindsay Collins (Sydney Roosters)
7. Tyson Skyring (Sunshine Coast & Norths Q Cup)
8. Evan La Motta (Norths Premier Grade, Brumbies Academy)
9. Dan Ritchie (Norths Premier Grade)
10. Lawson Creighton (Panasonic Wild Knights, Aus 20s, Brisbane City NRC, Brothers Premier Grade)
12. Jack Creighton (Canterbury Bulldogs U/20s)
13. Sam Purvis (Norths Premier Grade, Hong Kong International)
15. Lachlan Creighton (Gold Coast Titans U/20s, Brothers Premier Grade, Queensland Reds)
RESERVES
16. Liam Usher (Aus 20s, Brothers Premier Grade)
17. Jed Chapman (GPS Premier Reserve Grade)
18. Josh Skyring (Norths Premier Grade)
19. Harry Fox (Australian Schoolboys, Reds Academy, Norths Premier Colts)
20. Adam Crear (Easts Q Cup)
21. Byron Creighton (Norths Q Cup)
22. Brian West (St. George Dragons Jersey Flegg)
23. David Longhurst (Newcastle Knights U/20s)
24. David Corbenici (Brothers Premier Grade)

Thoughts? Anyone to replace the gaps? Notable omissions?

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Since these are rolling in, ill have a crack at a Padua Best 1st XV since 2004.

1. Garrath Ryan (Brothers Premier Grade, QLD 20s)
2. Bart Ritchie (Wests Premier Grade)
3. Tom O'Toole (Ulster)
4. Alex Perez (Brothers Premier Grade)
5. Michael Wood (Aus 20s, Brothers Premier Grade, Reds EDS)
6. Lindsay Collins (Sydney Roosters)
7. Tyson Skyring (Sunshine Coast & Norths Q Cup)
8. Evan La Motta (Norths Premier Grade, Brumbies Academy)
9. Dan Ritchie (Norths Premier Grade)
10. Lawson Creighton (Panasonic Wild Knights, Aus 20s, Brisbane City NRC, Brothers Premier Grade)
12. Jack Creighton (Canterbury Bulldogs U/20s)
13. Sam Purvis (Norths Premier Grade, Hong Kong International)
15. Lachlan Creighton (Gold Coast Titans U/20s, Brothers Premier Grade, Queensland Reds)
RESERVES
16. Liam Usher (Aus 20s, Brothers Premier Grade)
17. Jed Chapman (GPS Premier Reserve Grade)
18. Josh Skyring (Norths Premier Grade)
19. Harry Fox (Australian Schoolboys, Reds Academy, Norths Premier Colts)
20. Adam Crear (Easts Q Cup)
21. Byron Creighton (Norths Q Cup)
22. Brian West (St. George Dragons Jersey Flegg)
23. David Longhurst (Newcastle Knights U/20s)
24. David Corbenici (Brothers Premier Grade)

Thoughts? Anyone to replace the gaps? Notable omissions?

Are all the Creighton related?? if so whats the age order

Ozwhip

Bob McCowan (2)
Are all the Creighton related?? if so whats the age order

Yes, the Creightons are all brothers and their order from eldest are...
1. Lachlan (30)
2. Byron (27)
3. Jack (25)
4. Lawson (21)
The two youngest in the family (not on the list) are twins and they are Hudson and Darcy (19).

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
With the exception of GT from GPS the focus of the GPS school players and for that matter the MCA players is making the Qld under 18 squad. Thats the much stronger pathway moving forward.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
Yes, the Creightons are all brothers and their order from eldest are.
1. Lachlan (30)
2. Byron (27)
3. Jack (25)
4. Lawson (21)
The two youngest in the family (not on the list) are twins and they are Hudson and Darcy (19).

Are the Twins wingers? They could fill out the squad with 6 players from one family!! What a cool story with 4 anyway