• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2019

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
How did the 16A's go?

Are there any boys from the 15's last year in the 1st's?

Hi mate,

I see you guys, 16as, are playing TAS tomorrow at Horden at 11am.
What are TAS like? I would expect you to win well!

forruckssake

Bob McCowan (2)
Great day of rugby at Strathfield, the like-minded programs of St Pats and St Aloysius going head to head today.

1sts - 19-12 Aloys
2nds - 32-5 Pats
3rds - 14-5 Pats
4ths - Pats by 20 odd

The 1sts proved to be an even game, with Pats looking much better out on the paddock.

Hope they build upon this form in the tough double of Riverview and Auggies

Any other results from today?

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Stannies 1st XV 19 all draw with Riverview 2nds
I believe Riverview 1sts best Kinross 35 -10 don't quote me on the score but Kinross must have played well to contain a strong View side.
Auggies went down to Newington 43-0

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
St Greg's vs Kings 3rd XV. The last score update I had was Greg's up 40-7 and they also won 2nd XV vs Kings 4th XV 17-12

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
Given results in recent weeks, the ISA title is a race between auggies, Stannies and gregs. Furthermore I’d think that gregs are slight favourites. Thoughts anyone?

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Given results in recent weeks, the ISA title is a race between auggies, Stannies and gregs. Furthermore I’d think that gregs are slight favourites. Thoughts anyone?

On recent results you would have to think Auggies are clear favourites
Stannies Kinross and the fast improving Gregs all have some good football in them and will be thereabouts.
St Pats willl be dangerous and I think Pius and Oaks will struggle.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
On recent results you would have to think Auggies are clear favourites
Stannies Kinross and the fast improving Gregs all have some good football in them and will be thereabouts.
St Pats willl be dangerous and I think Pius and Oaks will struggle.
Interesting observations CB. I’ve been watching ISA rugby for a long time and have NEVER seen Oaks struggle at 1st XV level - they always find that next gear when the boys transition into the Opens. I’d suggest they will fair better than current form suggests. Kinross may well be the dark horse as B22 says. Pius X and Pats may well battle it out for 7th, with those from Chatswood pretty excited and confident about what last years U16 cohort can do in the Opens this year. Pats are struggling to score points. I wasn’t there yesterday but talking to those that were tell me both Pats tries were off Aloys mistakes (one intercept and one off a rubbish pass that ended up in Pats possession then one or two passes to end up with a try in the corner). Couple yesterdays tries with the intercept try against Trinity and I think that’s all they’ve scored in 2019 so far. Pats need to able to construct points to compete this year.

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting observations CB. I’ve been watching ISA rugby for a long time and have NEVER seen Oaks struggle at 1st XV level - they always find that next gear when the boys transition into the Opens. I’d suggest they will fair better than current form suggests. Kinross may well be the dark horse as B22 says. Pius X and Pats may well battle it out for 7th, with those from Chatswood pretty excited and confident about what last years U16 cohort can do in the Opens this year. Pats are struggling to score points. I wasn’t there yesterday but talking to those that were tell me both Pats tries were off Aloys mistakes (one intercept and one off a rubbish pass that ended up in Pats possession then one or two passes to end up with a try in the corner). Couple yesterdays tries with the intercept try against Trinity and I think that’s all they’ve scored in 2019 so far. Pats need to able to construct points to compete this year.

Agree Tah trial form can sometimes be deceiving, let's hope the teams get through this final week end of games injury free and ready to launch into a competitive ISA season.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Augs lost all the A games v Newington plus 1sts and 2nds

16As was close - 7-0 to Newington, 14As 29-22, but all other games quite one-sided to Newington.

Pius played the Bs fixtures and I think that they won most of these, but all were reasonably close. Pius 1sts played Newington 3rds and had a big win.

I have scores for the following games.

1sts New v Augs 43-0 to Newington, some scintillating backline play

2nds New v Augs 50-17

3rds New v Pius (1sts) 12-50

4ths New v Pius (2nds) 14-14

5ths New v Pius (3rds) 42-14

16A New v Augs 7-0 and extremely hard fought game with the winning try coming in the last minute after Newington had withstood 15 minutes of goal line attack by Augs

15A New v Augs 45-7

15B New v Pius (A) 7-22

15C New v Augs 25-25

14A New v Augs 29-22

13A New v Augs 54-7

13E New v Pius (C) 25-10

pilfer80

Frank Nicholson (4)
Based on the information we are getting so far, would it be fair to say this is one of the 'weaker' ISA cohorts? Auggies loss to New, Stannies smashed by Kings, Auggies held scoreless in other trials. With the stronger ISA schools (Auggies, Stannies) being comprehensively beaten by non-ISA schools, where in recent years they have matched the might of the GPS and CAS, I would have to say the ISA rep teams will struggle. Can someone shed some light as to whether this is a weak ISA cohort?

Tah - I agree re Pat's and Pius fighting for 6th place in the ISA. Wouldn't be surprised if Pius get the wood over Pat's. Pat's seriously lacking in attack. No X-factor to help them get over the try line like they have had in recent years. In for a very long season I think. Would be good to see Pius give it a red hot crack (as all reports suggest this is their stronger cohort).

As much as I have given it to Greg's over the past few season, I wouldn't be against them coming out and competing strongly for the title (and making me eat my words).

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
I went along to watch Aloysius play Joeys 3rds last week with a parent of an Alo's player. Having read the threads suggesting a last place finish in the CAS I thought Alo's would get pumped. Instead they played very well against a team that I was again led to believe would be the pace setters in the GPS 3rd XV comp.

On the face of it Grammar should be able to get one over Joeys tomorrow. Uncharacteristically they did not seem to be a team with a mission. Alo's exploited them through the centres and out wide and their forwards gained the upper hand early and never relinquished it.

Was probably more surprised when someone mentioned that Joeys 1/2, their best player by a mile, was most likely the only one to get dropped for the next game to make way for another boy who had been sharing roles at half in the upper grades.

Did not see any footage of the Joeys v Knox Firsts but it might be that a lot of the pre-season banter about Joeys being without peer in the Opens Division might be a lot of hot air

Wrecka you are correct that Aloys 1sts dominated Joeys 3rds in that game and it was an excellent performance from Aloys as I have previously noted. I think they could surprise in the CAS comp but they will be up against some top sides in Waverley and Knox. I think you have possibly jumped the gun to write Joeys 3rds off so early. Joeys 3rds defeated Grammar 1sts yesterday by 36 to 5 at Weigall. It was a more confident display and likely an indication of things to come. Time will tell.

Tram Tracks

Peter Burge (5)
Kings as clear favourites for GPS,
Waverly must be favourites for CAS
ISA Auggies always tough to beat but open competition and good contests right the way through no doubt.

Wrecka

Bob McCowan (2)
Wrecka you are correct that Aloys 1sts dominated Joeys 3rds in that game and it was an excellent performance from Aloys as I have previously noted. I think they could surprise in the CAS comp but they will be up against some top sides in Waverley and Knox. I think you have possibly jumped the gun to write Joeys 3rds off so early. Joeys 3rds defeated Grammar 1sts yesterday by 36 to 5 at Weigall. It was a more confident display and likely an indication of things to come. Time will tell.

That is a good result from the previous weeks effort. A friend suggested to me that the team is now showing signs of stabilising with players who have been used in higher grade squads now filtering back down. On the face of it I don't think Aloys is going to be wooden spooners. That said the CAS comp looks rather strong overall.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Augs lost all the A games v Newington plus 1sts and 2nds

16As was close - 7-0 to Newington, 14As 29-22, but all other games quite one-sided to Newington.

Pius played the Bs fixtures and I think that they won most of these, but all were reasonably close. Pius 1sts played Newington 3rds and had a big win.

I have scores for the following games.

1sts New v Augs 43-0 to Newington, some scintillating backline play

2nds New v Augs 50-17

3rds New v Pius (1sts) 12-50

4ths New v Pius (2nds) 14-14

5ths New v Pius (3rds) 42-14

16A New v Augs 7-0 and extremely hard fought game with the winning try coming in the last minute after Newington had withstood 15 minutes of goal line attack by Augs

15A New v Augs 45-7

15B New v Pius (A) 7-22

15C New v Augs 25-25

14A New v Augs 29-22

13A New v Augs 54-7

13E New v Pius (C) 25-10
One couldn’t fault Pappa if he’s experiencing a bit of schadenfreude ATM.