• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R15: Waratahs vs Jaguares @ Western Sydney Stadium - Saturday 25 May 2019

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Well that’s not a surprising post from you. Hanigan was good and Simmons wasn’t bad either. Foley didn’t do anything to harm his chances. You just constantly look for reasons to pick anyone but a Tah.

You do realise the Jaguares have never lost in Aus and are leading their conference?

Calling it as I see it KOB. Hanigan might have been good from a Tahs POV, but I guarantee you the majority of posters and fans from other teams see nothing in him to excite them.

I think my question was, who enhanced their prospects. Foley was outplayed by a novice. He did not enhance his chances at all, but his competition isn't very strong, is it?

The only Tah player I have a real aversion to is KB (Kurtley Beale). I have not, and will not, forget his actions in the Di Patston affair. The others, I call as I see it. Right now, I think only Hooper, Robertson and Foley, under sufferance, are worthy of consideration for the Wallabies. Kepu misses out to Robertson.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Foley was outplayed by a novice.

Ignoring the rest of your post, I'm curious as to what you are basing this on. TBH I didn't even notice him and only realised he was the goalkicker when I looked up the stats. I suspect you were the opposite, never taking your eyes off him looking for an opportunity to bag whoever was opposite him. Back to the stats, they certainly don't back up your claim so clarification would be appreciated.

S

Show-n-go

What’s in the water in Canberra that makes their supporters unable to look at something objectively. Level headed brumbies supporters are so few and far between

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Foley was frustrating even if BR was predictably hyperbolic. Tanking that break at the end, which followed a brillo flick pass from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), by dropping it in the tackle was rookie stuff. Really irritating.

Not as irritating as Beale's turnstile defence though.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ignoring the rest of your post, I'm curious as to what you are basing this on. TBH I didn't even notice him and only realised he was the goalkicker when I looked up the stats. I suspect you were the opposite, never taking your eyes off him looking for an opportunity to bag whoever was opposite him. Back to the stats, they certainly don't back up your claim so clarification would be appreciated.

KOB, if you didn't notice how much more effective the Jaguares attack performed than did the Tahs, then I'd assume it is you who is unable to allow yourself to see the whole picture. Which stats in particular; those on the scoreboard at the end of the game?

You might also care to have a look at the overwhelming number of posts on the front page article critical of Bernard's game and then ask yourself who is blinded to the truth. Is it a case of the whole army being out of step other than you?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
What’s in the water in Canberra that makes their supporters unable to look at something objectively. Level headed brumbies supporters are so few and far between

This comment, coming from possibly a delusional Tahs' fan is the best laugh of the season. Not having a go personally at you S&G, but any Tahs fan who thinks someone criticising the efforts of the Tahs this year is not being objective must be hiding from the truth.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
KOB, if you didn't notice how much more effective the Jaguares attack performed than did the Tahs, then I'd assume it is you who is unable to allow yourself to see the whole picture. Which stats in particular; those on the scoreboard at the end of the game?

You might also care to have a look at the overwhelming number of posts on the front page article critical of Bernard's game and then ask yourself who is blinded to the truth. Is it a case of the whole army being out of step other than you?

I don't think the Jaguares attack was overly more effective than ours at all, we did score 3 tries to 2 and our run metres far exceed theirs. We made more mistakes than them, that was the problem. I'm not suggesting Foley had a blinder I'm just saying you tend to only look for bad things when it comes to Tahs players.

I did as you asked re the front page. Those comments are about as objective as you would find on a Facebook match thread, and it's no secret a lot of people don't like Foley. Considering the ones you refer to are made by someone called Brisneyland and some bloke called Andy who has a horse head as his icon I'm inclined to be a bit dismissive of them.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Considering the ones you refer to are made by someone called Brisneyland and some bloke called Andy who has a horse head as his icon I'm inclined to be a bit dismissive of them.

The guy who regularly takes a shot at Foley/Beale/Cheika/Hooper in his comments on the daily news story regardless of whether they are mentioned or not.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This comment, coming from possibly a delusional Tahs' fan is the best laugh of the season. Not having a go personally at you S&G, but any Tahs fan who thinks someone criticising the efforts of the Tahs this year is not being objective must be hiding from the truth.
Wouldnt get into a pissing contest on who is the least objective BR

S

Show-n-go

Yea I don’t really care if the tahs suck or not, prefer they didn’t but not fussed either way

Stoked brumbies are firing at the right time of the year and rebels seem to still be in with a chance. Just don’t understand how brumbies fans as a group just seem to be so one eyed

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Yea I don’t really care if the tahs suck or not, prefer they didn’t but not fussed either way

Stoked brumbies are firing at the right time of the year and rebels seem to still be in with a chance. Just don’t understand how brumbies fans as a group just seem to be so one eyed
It’s the us against them thing. Brumbies are the rejects, everyone hates Canberra. You all think it’s a shit place, blah, blah, blah.

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
BRisneyland
Brumby Runner

Case closed

(Obvioulsy I'm joking here BR!)

BRaveheart.

I think there are a lot of punters on the FOP who are just disillusioned by the wallabies being 7th and 8th in the world, rightfully think we should be 4th at worst, and are looking for scapegoats. I've seen the same thing with the Socceroos fans and their treatment of Robbie Kruse for lack of goals and been shocked. I have however partaken in the rugby act, possibly because out of all the Super Rugby teams the tahs are my least favourite, despite fielding some of my fav players, and the wallaby coaches are ex-tahs and tend to select tahs ahead of similar styles of players (BPA & Timu failed exceptions).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don't think the Jaguares attack was overly more effective than ours at all, we did score 3 tries to 2 and our run metres far exceed theirs. We made more mistakes than them, that was the problem. I'm not suggesting Foley had a blinder I'm just saying you tend to only look for bad things when it comes to Tahs players.

I did as you asked re the front page. Those comments are about as objective as you would find on a Facebook match thread, and it's no secret a lot of people don't like Foley. Considering the ones you refer to are made by someone called Brisneyland and some bloke called Andy who has a horse head as his icon I'm inclined to be a bit dismissive of them.

Just one more comment KOB. Jaguares scored 3 tries to the Tahs 2 if I recollect correctly.