• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah, Hyne is a big if. He was Mowen-esque when playing consistently, and generally considered to be on track to play most Brumbies games this year (though not likely as a starter), but the best ability is availability and he doesn't have that. You get away with it when you're Pocock because nobody can do what you do, but most other players are totally replaceable.

Here's the line from McKellar that I think damns him:

Source: https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/08/08/hyne-hanging-around-in-canberra
Maybe its time for him to look to Japan to get some playing time, then pull a Fardy.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
One of our real strengths as an institution over the last eight years has been player retention and squad stability. The occasional player simply can't be convinced to stay, but, otherwise, we have so much stability that it's no wonder we have been constantly knocking on the door of the finals.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't understand the Speight departure to the Reds. The closest I can come is that the most recent contract extensions have been until the end of 2020, and maybe the Brumbies are not yet certain on their financial situation beyond that? If that's true, then a two year deal is just strictly better for a professional athlete, regardless of their fondness for the ACT.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I don't understand the Speight departure to the Reds. The closest I can come is that the most recent contract extensions have been until the end of 2020, and maybe the Brumbies are not yet certain on their financial situation beyond that? If that's true, then a two year deal is just strictly better for a professional athlete, regardless of their fondness for the ACT.
That seems to be the case, that they didnt offer him a 2 year deal, which is sad to see him go.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
All 3 are locked in for 2020. The rumours of Nic White coming back to Australia weren't until 2021 and hopefully we can keep the Rebels hands off him. It might depend on what Genia gets from his dealings with RA as it sounds like the length of contract is the main sticking point.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
ARU have put their hands on the scales for the Rebels in a lot of signings over the last three years, don't be shocked if they do it again and White ends up in Melbourne with Skelton and Gill close behind.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
ARU have put their hands on the scales for the Rebels in a lot of signings over the last three years, don't be shocked if they do it again and White ends up in Melbourne with Skelton and Gill close behind.

Have I missed something? The forgotten child is coming home? This sounds nice.

S

Show-n-go

Just persistent whispers since November last year, but nothing concrete (much like Skelton).

Can’t see Gill going anywhere but queensland if he returns, especially if Thorn is in charge up there

S

Show-n-go

Unless whoever's paying Pocock will pay Gill to come to Canberra.

If you’re Gill you aren’t coming back for money, you’re coming back for family and a wallabies jersey. His family is in Queensland and the reds will be sitting pretty good come 2020

Plus I thought the guy who was helping pay Pocock did so because of his work outside of the footy field?